It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auras, just a glitch in the brain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

When you look into the sky, the things you can see are dead cells floating on the suface of your eye.

Ok is it normal to see these 'dead cells' everywhere else...I've seen these since I was 3 or 4.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kriz_4

If auras were real it should be easy to test. From what I've heard they come in different colors or styles. Simply get a bunch of people that can see auras together. Have other people come into the room and each time someone comes in the room have the readers look at the aura of the person and write down what they see.

But they can't tell each other what they see. They have to write down what they see in secret. Then after the experiment compare what they wrote down.

If everyone saw the same stuff it's a good indication that auras are real. If they all say something different and they can't match each other then it is a good indication that they're either making it up, or it's something in their head.
edit on 17-8-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by Kriz_4

If auras were real it should be easy to test. From what I've heard they come in different colors or styles. Simply get a bunch of people that can see auras together. Have other people come into the room and each time someone comes in the room have the readers look at the aura of the person and write down what they see.

But they can't tell each other what they see. They have to write down what they see in secret. Then after the experiment compare what they wrote down.

If everyone saw the same stuff it's a good indication that auras are real. If they all say something different and they can't match each other then it is a good indication that they're either making it up, or it's something in their head.

Yeah...just like different witnesses to a crime will 'see' and describe different things?! Not a good test...sorry

Akushla

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

We're not asking anyone to describe some masked guy they only saw for 2 seconds in the dark. We're just asking them to write down the color. Surely they could all write down red, green, blue, or purple and if the auras are real they should mostly match.

Also, I didn't say that if they didn't match that auras aren't real. It's just not likely. However, if they all did match, then we would know for sure. But if they can't even tell the difference between blue and red, then any attempt at reading an aura would be pretty pointless.

It wouldn't mean much to say I had a green aura or an indigo aura if someone else saw a purple aura. There'd be no way to know which one was right.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

We're not asking anyone to describe some masked guy they only saw for 2 seconds in the dark. We're just asking them to write down the color. Surely they could all write down red, green, blue, or purple and if the auras are real they should mostly match.

Also, I didn't say that if they didn't match that auras aren't real. It's just not likely. However, if they all did match, then we would know for sure. But if they can't even tell the difference between blue and red, then any attempt at reading an aura would be pretty pointless.

It wouldn't mean much to say I had a green aura or an indigo aura if someone else saw a purple aura. There'd be no way to know which one was right.

The human brain has the capacity to distinguish between some, millions of tints of color. What may be green to one person, may well be blue to another. That said, auras are as much felt, as seen. 'Mostly matching' - and, how would a lay person know 'for sure'?

I understand where you're going with the reasoning, but as with all these non-material phenomena, irrelevant 'tests' do nothing to further its understanding. There is no 'instrument' capable of detecting it except the instrument of the individual. At this point you will need to have faith that there are 'instruments' incapable of detecting the phenomena, and there are 'units' who can, and describe what they see, and feel!
Incidentally, everyone does and can.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Okay, but if everyone sees them differently then if one person reads my aura and says it's green and the other person says it's blue. Then how do I know which one it is? Is it green or blue?

If they can't tell objectively then an aura is pointless. It's just a light people see around you that doesn't mean anything.
edit on 18-8-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

Let me give you an example. Say you had red cars and blue cars. All red cars are fast and all blue cars are slow. Now I look at a car and say it's red, but you look at the same car and you see blue.

Is it fast or slow? You can't tell. Because one of us says it's blue and the other red. So if I said, well it's red, so it must be fast. That wouldn't mean anything because you would just turn around and say, no it's blue, so it's slow.

The only way you could get any meaning from it, is if we both could agree on the color. If people that see auras can't agree on what it looks like, that means people that try to read your aura are basically frauds. So what if one person reads it that way if another person is going to read it a completely different way. There's no way to tell who's correct.
edit on 18-8-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join