It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auras, just a glitch in the brain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I personally have never experienced seeing a persons aura. I do know well, a lady that believes she can see them, whetever they may be.

I am guessing that some people who frequent this forum have the ability.

This article I found suggests that people who can see auras or rather believe they can see auras are just suffering from a minor disease or glitch in the brain.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Is this just science just tring to explain the unexplainable? Or is it likely true?

Do you belive that this may be correct for some "aura viewers", meaning that others have this ability and do not suffer from their described glitch?

Or do you think all aura viewers suffer from this?

Personally I am of the mind that some people do have extra senses that cannot be explained by current science and cannot be put down to an illness.

I am looking for all peoples opinions, especially those who can see auras.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, I see them and I don't think there is any permanent damage in my brain
. They have just always been there so I really don't care about them at all, I don't find anything really interesting in them. What to say, I am normal?, married, electrical engineer etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I see auras in the presence of all people. Those who know me are slowly starting to believe me (my family), because my visions have come true.

According to science, I have been diagnosed as Schizo-Affective, which is a combination of schizophrenia with depression/mania. It is a disease that slowly eliminates gray matter in the brain.

However, this past week many many many tests were taken, and according to the tests, there is no scientific explanation as to how I'm able to function. Therefore, the schizo-affective diagnosis has been nixed. I remain on an overdosage of medications to keep myself from "acting out" on what I see and hear.

My family and I are deciding whether or not to eliminate these medications, as they don't prevent auras.

A brain glitch? Maybe. I'm 50/50 about my gifts, because I have one of two possibilities:

1) I uncontrollably use an area of my brain that most of western society does not, therefore glitching the testing process, and causing me to have visual and auditory hallucinations.

or....

2) I actually do have a paranormal gift.

I'm at the point now to where I don't care what the explanation is. Science has failed miserably; according to science, I should be strapped to a cot right now with a feeding tube in my stomach. Instead, I have somewhat of a normal life.

I know nothing of paranormal terms, except auras and orbs, which I learned a short time ago. I never researched the subject, because I don't want to believe I'm something I'm not.

All I can tell you, as an aura viewer, is that it works. Only recently has science started studying pheromes. If humans emit pheromes (which we cannot see, hear, or identify by scent) , the possibilities are endless as to what else we emit.

Dot.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Auras are real,that is just a glitch that could be mistaken for an aura. Just because they can't detect it doesn't mean that it is nonexistent. Scientists will always be trying to disprove something that they can't understand. I can't claim to be able to see auras,but I can sense them,they are there.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I thought auras were just cross-senses? You know, certain people can hear taste, see sound, etc.?

Odd

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
the condition you're thinking of is called 'synasthaesia', and there are a few very informative web sites about it out there.

however, it's a fairly rare disorder, and I really don't beleive that it is responsible for all cases of auric vision... I don't have the gift myself, but I know people that do, and there is more to it than anything normal science can readily explain.

You may want to read up on Kirlian photography, as well... I beleive the two phenomena are somehow related.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
the condition you're thinking of is called 'synasthaesia', and there are a few very informative web sites about it out there.

however, it's a fairly rare disorder, and I really don't beleive that it is responsible for all cases of auric vision... I don't have the gift myself, but I know people that do, and there is more to it than anything normal science can readily explain.

You may want to read up on Kirlian photography, as well... I beleive the two phenomena are somehow related.

Yes Synasthaesia was what the article was about. I have not heard of Kirlian photography, but I will have to read up about that, thanks for the information.

I think what Dotgov stated was also very interesting.

All I can tell you, as an aura viewer, is that it works. Only recently has science started studying pheromes. If humans emit pheromes (which we cannot see, hear, or identify by scent) , the possibilities are endless as to what else we emit.

Dot.

Pheromones are a very powerful communicating system that we are almost never aware of. So I can certainly imagine that auras are something else that effects the ways we interact with people without MOST people being consiously aware of them.

Thanks for the input everyone.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
the condition you're thinking of is called 'synasthaesia',

however, it's a fairly rare disorder,

Apparently not i saw a documenrty the other day from a respected source on the subject of synasthaesia. The science museum in the UK did a study and asked visitors to do a test. It turned out that many of them had certain traits of the condition.

Personally i have never seen an aura but i don�t think the scientists are correct on this one. I also believe that they put medical labels on people with paranormal abilities.

Odd

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow... I had no idea, kode, I'll have to check that out.

It wouldn't surprise me too much, really... that's the sort of condition that it can be easy to live with for a very long time before one realizes that one is not medically 'normal'.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk... .shtml

Here you go Odd hope this helps.

Odd

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff, Kode; thanks for the article

I've always been interested by synaesthesia, and the fact that so many people produced similar results to those with the 'disorder' has some pretty interesting implications.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
apparently i was told it is easier to see someones aura on a completely white background, like a wall or something, free of misleading textures. that takes a little patience and concentration on my part, but the most i can ever make out is a two inch barrier or force field of light around that person. it's never been large blobs of colour or anything like that. what i can see often, kind of side tracking here but, when i look at any part of the sky while outside (it's easier that way), i can see the air or particles floating in the air around me. i have no idea what they are, its kind of like looking through a microscope at all those organisms moving around. could they be some sort of transparent reflection of what's in my eye or something, since the light bounces in and out of it for us to see? would be nice if anyone knew anything at all. dfh out.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi deaf fences hit.

When you look into the sky, the things you can see are dead cells floating on the suface of your eye.

This is something everyone experiences, including me. Just ask a doctor.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
deaf fences hit, i can only see a 2 inch field around people, and if i remember correctly its only an optical illusion.

i saw an aura once, a few weeks ago in my Biology class. the teacher was rambling about something and i just tuned out and out of nowhere i say a brilliant bluish-green aura all around him but soon as i noticed it, it dissapeared.

it bothers me that there is so much we dont know.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Hi deaf fences hit.

When you look into the sky, the things you can see are dead cells floating on the suface of your eye.

This is something everyone experiences, including me. Just ask a doctor.

ahh well that explains everything than, thanks for the info kriz!

Originally posted by Githzeria
deaf fences hit, i can only see a 2 inch field around people, and if i remember correctly its only an optical illusion.

i saw an aura once, a few weeks ago in my Biology class. the teacher was rambling about something and i just tuned out and out of nowhere i say a brilliant bluish-green aura all around him but soon as i noticed it, it dissapeared.

it bothers me that there is so much we dont know.

hmm, another puzzle solved it seems. two in one day, wow... i better start practicing to get onto something genuine huh? oh yea, the human race on a scale of truth and knowledge:

KNOWLEDGE/TRUTH

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i would like to put my imput but unfortunately i have no clue what a aura is....lol help?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
just confirming for you good people ...

the article is about colour synaesthesia.

that is not the same as seeing an aura.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Flagged & starred.

I think there's a need to have some definitions in place.

Some possibilities

1. Place aura as an external paranormal event viewed only by paranormal means.

2. Colour synaesthesia as an internal event, brain is fooling you because of different wiring.

I would like to suggest a third stance which is more accomodating...in life I believe there's no need to limit yourself to either or, there is also the middle way

3. Aura viewing can be a more specialized form of colour synaesthesia. Maybe aura viewers are actually colour synaesthesists who are very sensitive to the body language of others, to the extent that their special vision can highlight to them, in a very visual manner, what the current status of the other party is. Maybe their bodies are able to detect pheromones & translate them in a high visible manner.

Maybe it is trainable. (I'm very much in love with the right brain concept now sorry)

I would not like to play poker versus such a person.... In fact do any of you who are aura viewers or colour synaesthesists poker players & how do you usually fare?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by postmeme]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I do not see auras but I do have an ability called synestheasia. Although I do not see auras I can tell you if the person you are dating would make a good partner based on the color I see when you say their name. I have have intoduced 2 sets of friends who are married and now have kids. I bring this up because I believe people with synestheasia see things in others that most do not. Be it auras or "premanition" it lets you see the world through alternate glasses. I believe people that see auras do have synestheasia and are very talented indavidules. They can sense the feramones of people and associate those "smells" with color. IE auras! I am envious of people with this brand of synestheasia!

Natalie

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I do not see auras but I do have an ability called synestheasia. Although I do not see auras I can tell you if the person you are dating would make a good partner based on the color I see when you say their name. I have have intoduced 2 sets of friends who are married and now have kids. I bring this up because I believe people with synestheasia see things in others that most do not. Be it auras or "premanition" it lets you see the world through alternate glasses. I believe people that see auras do have synestheasia and are very talented indavidules. They can sense the feramones of people and associate those "smells" with color. IE auras! I am envious of people with this brand of synestheasia!

Natalie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join