It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Source is not a power figure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I offer that a true force of love, personified or not, wouldn't be concerned with power and glory.
Nor would it work through threats. Fear earns power, and displays of strength earn praise. Love is never, ever required from either side in an arrangement like this.

The more I think about these well-overlooked traits of this world's favorite personifications of the higher nature of the universe, the more disturbed I become. Why do people orchestrate deities like this for themselves? They've taken the quiet, humble Source and perverted it into the image of something that doesn't need love to operate in the world!

What's more, if you mention that you are joyfully meditating in... the Source, I suppose I'll call it... you are told that you're being deceived by a false god. A simple force of love is called evil, while power-mad leaders are revered as the very personification of purity if their resume includes participating in the creation of the world and multitudes of its lowly worshipers.

Hello, System Lord Apophis!
edit on 6-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Fear is only a temporary solution. Your dog will fear you as long as you hold the stick, but this only means that you are too weak to rule.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I offer that a true force of love, personified or not, wouldn't be concerned with power and glory.
Nor would it work through threats. Fear earns power, and displays of strength earn praise. Love is never, ever required from either side in an arrangement like this.
They've taken the quiet, humble Source and perverted it into the image of something that doesn't need love to operate in the world!

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. -1 Corinthians 4:20

I think that God concerns himself with ALL THINGS and wants us to be concerned with all things as well, that includes both power and glory.
"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." -John 14:26

There is a difference between a threat and a promise. Control and influence are two sides of the same coin.
To assume that God is ONLY quiet and humble is to put God in a box, to limit his capabilities, people can't see the forrest for the trees, his voice is like a raging river, his tongue like a double edged sword, his anger is fierce, he mocks those who mock him, he does whatever he wants.
"Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?’ -Matthew 20:15

It pleased him to prove to Satan that Job was righteous. One ought to be careful what they say about God.
"So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has." -Job 42:8

Job 2:9-10 His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!" But Job replied, "You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?" So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

The more I think about these well-overlooked traits of this world's favorite personifications of the higher nature of the universe, the more disturbed I become. Why do people orchestrate deities like this for themselves? They've taken the quiet, humble Source and perverted it into the image of something that doesn't need love to operate in the world!

What's more, if you mention that you are joyfully meditating in... the Source, I suppose I'll call it... you are told that you're being deceived by a false god. A simple force of love is called evil, while power-mad leaders are revered as the very personification of purity if their resume includes participating in the creation of the world and multitudes of its lowly worshipers.

Hello, System Lord Apophis!
edit on 6-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

Alright, so without looking at my previous post, and examining this post further, I thought I'd write another response. Power is a misunderstood word. The bible says the life and death are in the power of the tongue. I know this to be true, as you would see in my thread. This is For You
What I realize I forgot to mention in my story was that I prayed to God for help before I resigned myself to death.

What's even more intriguing is that God knows our thoughts, there is nothing hidden from his sight. He knows when people are thinking evil in their hearts, while in their heads they think that they are right.

And they brought him a paralytic as he lay in the pallet, and Yeshua saw their faith, and he said to the paralytic, “Take heart my son, your sins are forgiven you.”
But some of the teachers of religious law said to themselves, "That's blasphemy! Does he think he's God?"
Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins..." Then he said to the paralytic, "Get up, take your mat and go home." -Matthew 9:3-6
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That He is not to the believer, He is to the disbeliever.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

That He is not to the believer, He is to the disbeliever.

That's not an answer, that's a poor attempt to dodge the question. Explain more thoroughly, if you will. No cop-outs.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So,

The Omnipotent Being who created the Universe is like a fly or a pushover?

Is that what your "Source" is defined as?

The God I know has to be IMMENSELY POWERful, ya know, to set a whole Universe in motion and create a Universal Big Bang and everything.....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

So,

The Omnipotent Being who created the Universe is like a fly or a pushover?

Is that what your "Source" is defined as?

The God I know has to be IMMENSELY POWERful, ya know, to set a whole Universe in motion and create a Universal Big Bang and everything.....

I believe the appropriate answer to such an asinine post is "You know nothing about true power."

When a man can crush an insect and chooses not to, that's true power. When a man can kick a dog and chooses to walk away, that's true power. When you can kill every person who was ever mean to you but you choose to talk to them and know them instead, that's true power.

You know what TRUE power is? The ability to control your power. The ability to control yourself. Any man can walk up and black a woman's eye. It takes real power to sit down with her and make her fall in love with you. It takes real power to let nature take its course, to do things the long away and let artwork arise through the touch of a gentle loving hand. A flower doesn't explode into being. It blossoms.

That's what I call true power...having the guts, capability, and determination to do things the hard way and still come out on top. And you know what they say: doing what's right is never easy.
edit on 10-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Only when power is released one is able to learn. Do not be afraid. Break out of that prison.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Only when power is released one is able to learn. Do not be afraid. Break out of that prison.

Only a member of such a weak species as the human race would be so naive as to think brute power is the solution to all problems. What ever happened to slow and subtle? It's the changes you don't notice right away that are the most effective.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Things need time.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How can you claim to have wisdom when you deny Wisdom?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

How can I claim to have wisdom when I deny YOUR wisdom? Very easily. Your god, as described in the bible, is a fraud and a monster and a figment of your pathetically desperate imagination. I don't call that wisdom, I call it an opinion, which is apparently all that's necessary for truth.

I have no desire to discuss this any further with you, because your lack of stimulating responses infuriates me. But what pushes my buttons the most is that this is what passes for spiritualism. We are thoroughly screwed as a race, are we not? Because of this Bible.

EllaMarina, thank you for the discussion, but I can no longer stomach the low IQ's. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up. Maybe it'll erase the awful taste this drivel has left in my mouth.

edit on 12-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join