It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright ATS, This Food Stamp President Stigma Crap Has Ruined My Christmas. Enough is Enough!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by superman2012

cheap beer doesnt cost 15 for a 12 pack. cheap beer is about 7 or 8 for a 12 pack. are you really gonna give this guy crap for wanting a cold beer at the end of the day. thats petty

It was a six pack, for over $5. I was giving him crap for it when I thought he had spent his money on it (instead of someone elses) when he has "starving children". You choose beer over kids? You don't deserve them.

Looks like you didn't read his post properly either!

e forgot to pay for one six pack totalling 5.49

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Nite_wing

What killed me was the "starving children". Then, a few cheap six packs of beer. over $15 worth of the $70 allotted for groceries. That is over 20% spent on beer. Yah, starving children. Give up the beer, $15 can be 3 - 5 meals. My father has macular degeneration with little sight, yet he worked his ass off to support three children by himself during a recession. I know it isn't the same sight problems you have, but, buying beer when you have "starving children"? I have, and would again, sold all of my "personal stuff" so my children wouldn't do without. You had my sympathy and even my wondering how I could donate to you until I read about the beer. I don't give money to homeless people that have a pack of cigs so why should I treat you any different?

Edit: I apologize. I made the same mistake another poster made. I am going to leave this up so others don't make the same mistake and also as a monument to my shame. Sorry again.

edit on 6-12-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Where do you draw the line? The beer is a coping mechanism recognized by the majority of working Americans, a demographic he is a member of. What about sugar? It's not food. What about red meat or fast food?

A couple of cheap six-packs can be bought for minimal money and, if it gets him through the next week at work without having a breakdown, why chastise him for it?

He never asked for your pity and he sure as heck didn't ask for your judgement. If you ever asked for my help, I'd help you no matter what you had in your shopping cart.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Cuervo because: clarification

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

See above.

You choose yourself over your kids, you don't deserve them. It sure is telling watching people on here.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

then why didnt you write 11 instead of 15 or were you just trying to pad the numbers to make your argument more sensational.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.moonchild.ch...
It can allways be worse, its all a lie.....

link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

How many arrests have you had to make?
Speak not of what you do not know.

link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

then why didnt you write 11 instead of 15 or were you just trying to pad the numbers to make your argument more sensational.

He said "a few six packs". That is not one, not two(couple), but at least three. I was choosing the lowest number for what he said...not sensational, just facts that were pretty easy to see.

That being said, I sure as hell didn't see where he said it wasn't his money paying for beer. So I'm guilty of it too!

Edit: I'm going to star your post too, so I can add my star to the list of people that are no good at math.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don't see exactly how that statement pertains to my post.

In any case, it is not really how many arrests I have made, rather how many altercations with the police I have had( a crap ton). In many of those cases, if the officer could resolve the problem or get the proper point across without any legal action, then he/she would. A simple slap on the wrist/warning would have sufficed just fine. Perhaps, he could have kept track of them to see if they did it again and then taken serious action.

Anyways, If I had been in a position to make arrests at one point.... I would have had bias eh?

link   

What killed me was the "starving children". Then, a few cheap six packs of beer. over $15 worth of the $70 allotted for groceries. That is over 20% spent on beer. Yah, starving children. Give up the beer, $15 can be 3 - 5 meals. My father has macular degeneration with little sight, yet he worked his ass off to support three children by himself during a recession. I know it isn't the same sight problems you have, but, buying beer when you have "starving children"? I have, and would again, sold all of my "personal stuff" so my children wouldn't do without. You had my sympathy and even my wondering how I could donate to you until I read about the beer. I don't give money to homeless people that have a pack of cigs so why should I treat you any different?

Edit: I apologize. I made the same mistake another poster made. I am going to leave this up so others don't make the same mistake and also as a monument to my shame. Sorry again.

[/quote]

Oh, no worries. I have worked my ass of myself all on my own for years. Sorry about the boc of text, I thought it was in correct formatting, but I guess not. I should have edited it in a word processor first. Thanks for slipping out of your ego for a minute, it is hard to find people that do that anymore.
BTW I would NEVER ask for financial assistance, because I admit that I have it better than some. I gues starving children is a bit much, but we cannot afford to eat anything other hamburger helper, and we do scrounge. Man my back kills me after standing at work for 8 hours, cleaning house and chasing children around the house for 4 hours, sit at a computer forever. You have to admit a man deserves a darn beer?

link   

i thought this was over 2 6ix packs, sorry for the misunderstanding.

to the op if your gonna buy 18 beers look buying in bulk instead of seperate 6 packs you will save money.

and also anybody that will give you sh*t for buying beer when you have kids probably doesn't have kids. Ive been low on food before but kids are always the ones first to eat, its common sense. im sure ur kids dont miss meals because you like beer, just as mine haven't. if anything you eat a little less because you like beer.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I have three kids, and I would rather go without any vices and give them a little bit more...you know...make their life better than yours type of thing. We all have time to spoil ourselves when they move out and on.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

I think you should go hard at the PR side of Kroger. Dont bother with the fact that your wife signed some paper. Go around.

All you need to do is make it easier for Kroger's to back down than persist. It is not worth the bad publicity a motivated and committed person can bring them. You need to make them know this.

This is their customer comments page.
customer.kroger.com...

Encourage friends and family to flood this with comments on what Krogers did to you and your family.

Contact the manager of your local store and explan what happened. They may be reasonable. If not, go above them and tell them you are going above them. Someone at Krogers will decide its easier to nip this in the bud.

I would also seek help from any organizations you know of that assist people with vision impairment. Local tv and print media.

Dont let that jerk get away with this. His friends and family should know what kind of human he is.
edit on 6-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I absolutely agree! If the kids are taken care of do whatever you want with yourself is what I believe.
I would have no problem giving to people that need it, my father is part of the CNIB and we do as much as we can to give back.
I wish you all the best and good luck in the future.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I have three kids, and I would rather go without any vices and give them a little bit more...you know...make their life better than yours type of thing. We all have time to spoil ourselves when they move out and on.

Beer is a work tool for many people. It is supplemental to their psychiatric health. If somebody is busting their ass to feed their kids, I like to see them take care of themselves so they can continue supporting their kids. For me, it's coffee, religion, and video games. For others, it's beer. Everybody has a vice.

Your petty judgement on the OP is pretty lame. Would you like to see him go to work barefoot and eating tree bark so his kids can get the brand name crap instead of generic? Geeze.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Beer is a work tool for many people. It is supplemental to their psychiatric health. If somebody is busting their ass to feed their kids, I like to see them take care of themselves so they can continue supporting their kids. For me, it's coffee, religion, and video games. For others, it's beer. Everybody has a vice.

Your petty judgement on the OP is pretty lame. Would you like to see him go to work barefoot and eating tree bark so his kids can get the brand name crap instead of generic? Geeze.

Geez, do people read anymore?

I didn't. I put an apology up and an announcement to read the OP. When you pick vices over kids (which is what I thought he was doing) it is unforgivable. If you, by chance, happened to read a couple posts up, you will see that I am in agreement...

In fact, here you go so you don't have to do any other reading. I will quote my own post so you don't have to do anymore "thinking".

I absolutely agree! If the kids are taken care of do whatever you want with yourself is what I believe.

Edit: PS- My biggest vice now is seeing happiness on my childrens faces...and I would do anything to see them smile. Some people have their priorities with their kids straight. Beer to continue supporting your children is an escape, not a "working tool". That is lame.

Edit #2: I obviously thought that "vice" meant something that you enjoy doing. It does not. I hope people will take it as I meant it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Beer to continue supporting your children is an escape, not a "working tool". That is lame.

Really, Superman? Really?!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

I don't see exactly how that statement pertains to my post.

In any case, it is not really how many arrests I have made, rather how many altercations with the police I have had( a crap ton). In many of those cases, if the officer could resolve the problem or get the proper point across without any legal action, then he/she would. A simple slap on the wrist/warning would have sufficed just fine. Perhaps, he could have kept track of them to see if they did it again and then taken serious action.

Anyways, If I had been in a position to make arrests at one point.... I would have had bias eh?

Let me look at this a bit more closely. You have had a crap load of altercations with the police. Then you say a slap on the wrist should be sufficient.

Apparently you did not learn with your first slap on the wrist and had still more altercations with the cops. Here is a hint. When they approach you and ask for ID, they are checking for warrants but they also get your past record. If you had a slap on the wrist, they know. If you got arrested, they know the slap didn't work so they keep arresting you until you learn. Perhaps you will but I doubt it. Anyway, it is guys like you that kept us from being unemployed. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Nice straw man!

PS- I tried to have that gif as my avatar but I got told to take it down.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

I think you should go hard at the PR side of Kroger. Dont bother with the fact that your wife signed some paper. Go around.

All you need to do is make it easier for Kroger's to back down than persist. It is not worth the bad publicity a motivated and committed person can bring them. You need to make them know this.

This is their customer comments page.
customer.kroger.com...

Encourage friends and family to flood this with comments on what Krogers did to you and your family.

Contact the manager of your local store and explan what happened. They may be reasonable. If not, go above them and tell them you are going above them. Someone at Krogers will decide its easier to nip this in the bud.

I would also seek help from any organizations you know of that assist people with vision impairment. Local tv and print media.

Dont let that jerk get away with this. His friends and family should know what kind of human he is.

edit on 6-12-2012 by spangledbanner"

Thank you so much, that site is exactly what I needed. I had been looking all over for it but I couldn't find it. Thanks again! extra DIV

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
he's a piece of dung bully who took advantage of someone with a disability.

i bet he felt like a real man.

fight it in court and when the judge, the prosecutor and his fellow cops see what a douchebag he is for a stupid mistake, you could probably call the supermarket up to take off the ban.

it's happened to everybody, forgetting something under the shopping cart, or under the flyers they don't bother to clean up.

in this case it was your stroller, but same thing.
edit on 7-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join