It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences of Knowing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Itisnowagain

That people care more about what makes them comfortable than whats true.

Is this the 'one' thing you can be sure of?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by jiggerj

How does your statement prove:
God
Reincarnation
Next phase
People close to the truth
Soul
Death is not the end.

Absolutely nothing (NOTHING!) in this post can be substantiated.
Can anything be proved to exist?
What is the one thing you can be sure of? Anything? Nothing?
edit on 8-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

rrrrrrrrRIGHT!

What is the one thing you can be sure of?

I'm in total agreement with you. There is no evidence whatsoever of a god, reincarnation, afterlife, devils, angels, heaven or hell. People make themselves look like total fools when they claim to know these things when there isn't a SLIVER of proof. Not only is there no proof, but to even half-heartedly believe that these things MIGHT exist is just insane, especially considering that the idea of reliving life over and over and over would be monotonous. And believing that a big bad devil-monster is out to get ya and throw ya in a bad bad place, well, who would WANT that to be true???

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We are neither important nor not important.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How does your statement prove:
God
Reincarnation
Next phase
People close to the truth
Soul
Death is not the end.

Absolutely nothing (NOTHING!) in this post can be substantiated.
Can anything be proved to exist?
What is the one thing you can be sure of? Anything? Nothing?
edit on 8-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

rrrrrrrrRIGHT!

What is the one thing you can be sure of?

That I am.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by jiggerj

I can go with that.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I can go with that.

We do not know what we are. We create ideas about ourselves and believe them, but all of the ideas are fabrications. We are the creator. Our nature is a mystery, but out of us, universes emerge.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If we are a part of this 'ALL', then why are we confined to just one planet? The earth is one teenie-weenie tiny insignificant infinitesimal particle of dust in an infinite universe. It's like saying one grain of rice is important to our galaxy. Even if there is life on other planets, these planets are so few and far between that it would render life meaningless in the greater scheme of things.

It is not logical to think that because you perceive yourself as small it means you are insignificant. Even the smallest part of a clock plays a significant role in making the clock work correctly. Also, the microscopic transistors that make up your computer's CPU are actually the most important parts of your computer. The smallest things often are the most important parts.

"Some people look up at the heavens and think about how small they are, but I look up and know how large I am." - illuminated0ne

Is there an "ALL"? I don't know, but I will say that if there is, the god of this ALL is no more aware of us than we are aware of a particular grain of sand in a desert.

Of course there is an "All". It's the total sum of all things that exist and will ever exist. The "All" is God, and it is aware of everything, because it is everything, including all awareness.

edit on 9-12-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

The all is not God. The all is God's idea. What you see is not real, but what you are is. The all is not what is. The observer–the creator is what is real. You are the creator, but you are not as you seem. You cannot know what you are except that you create. What you create is from you, so these are the ideas that you are capable of creating. They are not you, but they are the only reference you have as to what you are. You are unknowable. Thus, the creations change.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yes, The All is God because God is everything and nothing, the light and the dark, the positive and the negative, from Alpha to Omega. Even if you think it is just God's idea, that idea was formed by and is of God.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Creations are fabrications. They are made up. Ideas come from God, but God is not the ideas. Are you your ideas? What about my ideas of you. Are you my ideas?

There cannot be a contradiction. Therefore, you cannot be what is a fabrication. The creator is not the creation. We are one creator/observer. There are many ideas.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Creations are fabrications. They are made up. Ideas come from God, but God is not the ideas. Are you your ideas? What about my ideas of you. Are you my ideas?

All ideas are a part of God.

Yes, my ideas are a part of me. Physically speaking, my ideas and thoughts manifest as electrical impulses and chemical reactions in my mind. Those electrical impulses and chemical reactions are a part of me, and so are the electrons of those electrical impulses.

No I am not your ideas, you are your ideas. Your ideas of me are small parts of you. Technically speaking though, we are One, so all your ideas and all my ideas are One's ideas, and those ideas are a part of One.

There cannot be a contradiction. Therefore, you cannot be what is a fabrication. The creator is not the creation. We are one creator/observer. There are many ideas.

There are no contradictions other than the ones you form your self. Yes, you can be a fabrication. The All, One, is everything. All thoughts, all ideas, all fabrications, even all contradictions, all hopes, all dreams, all creation, all observation. The ultimate creator creates itself, it is the creation.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It is not logical to think that because you perceive yourself as small it means you are insignificant. Even the smallest part of a clock plays a significant role in making the clock work correctly. Also, the microscopic transistors that make up your computer's CPU are actually the most important parts of your computer. The smallest things often are the most important parts.

"Some people look up at the heavens and think about how small they are, but I look up and know how large I am." - illuminated0ne

We are not even the smallest part of a clock, or a microscopic transistor. We do not play any role in the function of the universe. It ran fine without us for billions of years, and will do so long after we go extinct. To accept that we are insignificant to the universe is to accept reality. We are not big or small. We are a collateral result of some force that created the universe.

The "All" is God, and it is aware of everything, because it is everything, including all awareness.

Who told you that? Please offer even a sliver of logical proof? Where is this awareness in the universe - where is its memory stored? Does it have synapses to transfer ideas from the memory to the thought processing area? Or, is it magic?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

We are not even the smallest part of a clock

Then with your way of thinking, we are not the most insignificant part of the universe then, are we.

We do not play any role in the function of the universe. It ran fine without us for billions of years, and will do so long after we go extinct. To accept that we are insignificant to the universe is to accept reality. We are not big or small. We are a collateral result of some force that created the universe.

What exactly do you think the function of the Universe is?

What if the function or the ultimate outcome of the Universe was to create and experience life, and observe itself? That would mean our bodies play a significant role in the function of the Universe, the most important role of them all. The inanimate objects such as the stars and planets, and atoms and molecules, are merely support systems for the existence of life. The solar system is just as significant as your circulatory system, nervous system, skeletal system, digestive system, and all systems regarding physics, etc., and all things must coexist in order for the Universe to be fully functional.

If the function of the Universe was to create and experience life, that means without life (and humans) the Universe would not be functioning. Sure the planets will still spin, and the stars still burn, but it's not completing its ultimate function. It's like a generator that is spinning but not creating any electricity.

Why must you even measure significance? Significance is a subjective unit of measure. What is significant to One may not seem significant to another. To "accept that we are insignificant" is not to accept reality, you are only accepting your idea of what is significant and what is not.

You say, "We are not big or small". I disagree, we are both big and small. One big system made of small parts.

"We are the result of the Universe's desires." -illuminated0ne

The "All" is God, and it is aware of everything, because it is everything, including all awareness.

Who told you that? Please offer even a sliver of logical proof? Where is this awareness in the universe - where is its memory stored? Does it have synapses to transfer ideas from the memory to the thought processing area? Or, is it magic?

The Universe told me. It is an observation... Both logical and physical. You are a part of the Universe. You are aware. That means the Universe is aware. All life is a part of the Universe, so the Universe is alive.

What you know, and what I know, the All knows. What you see, and what I see, the All sees. That means some of the memory is stored in our brains. Other memories are stored in matter like carvings, and books, and music, and images, and videos, which are all a part of the All. But, just like humans don't fully understand how the thunderstorms in our brains create thoughts, humans don't exactly know the purpose of every lighting strike in a storm.

Memories can and are also stored in light. For example, the light that One emits holds memories of their movements and actions. When you look at the stars in the sky, you are only seeing a memory of those stars that is stored in light, and that memory traveled a long distance and time to reach us. If you could travel faster than light away from the Earth, then look back at Earth with a telescope, you would be able to see into Earth's past. You would see a memory of the Earth that was stored in light.

Also, the electric charge of an object, and or it's magnetic fields, can store certain memories. Just like how computer hard drives magnetize a disk with different polarities to memorize data, all matter in the Universe can store memories of certain significance to the Universe on large scale.

In fact, because all things happen according to laws, if you knew all laws of physics in the Universe you could look at the current state of the Universe, every single photon, every single atom, in every position, and calculate how and why it got in that location, and know all possibilities past and future. Just like how you can calculate the angle to hit cue ball in order to hit another billiard ball into a pocket (the future), you can observe a billiard ball in a pocket and calculate every possible way that billiard ball got in that pocket, and one of those possible ways would be a memory (the past). So in reality, the entire Universe is one big image that contains all memories. It contains all memories that exist or ever will exist.

Many people observe the planets spinning, the stars burning, chemicals reacting, light reflecting, electricity sparking, gravity pulling, magnetism repelling... but they can't make sense of it all, so they assume it doesn't amount to anything, nor have a purpose. That is like observing the electrical impulses in your mind and thinking they have no purpose.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

What if the function or the ultimate outcome of the Universe was to create and experience life, and observe itself?

This is assigning human feelings to a mindless thing. The universe exists because it exists, that's all. With your type of thinking then rocks were made specifically for us to sit on. Gold was made specifically for us to make jewelry out of. The sun was made to specifically keep us warm even though there are billions of suns with no life on their orbiting planets. The stars were made specifically for us to look at.

See how silly this is? Life is not the goal of the universe, it is merely an outcome.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The universe exists because it exists, that's all.
Life is not the goal of the universe, it is merely an outcome.

Without anything seeing and hearing, what would be seen and heard?
Your belief is that there is a solid world that existed before you, you believe that you came into the world. This cannot be proven.
How can you know for sure that you are not dreaming it all?
edit on 9-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Life is not the goal of the universe, it is merely an outcome.

Without anything seeing and hearing, what would be seen and heard?
Your belief is that there is a solid world that existed before you, you believe that you came into the world. This cannot be proven.
How can you know for sure that you are not dreaming it all?

Can't know, and I will never claim that I do.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Without anything seeing and hearing, what could be seen or heard? Could anything appear?
The belief is that you are insignificant. Without the seeing and hearing aspect being present what would there be?

It is the all seeing, all knowing presence that makes it all possible.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join