It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Company Aims for Manned Moon Missions by 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A private company named "Golden Spike" which consists with Space enthusiasts such as Alan Stern a former director of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate wabts to ferry trips to the Moon to anyone who can afford it including nations, companies, or individuals. They're calling the Moon the 8th continent. Well, I'd say it "open for exploration."

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

....plans to sell each moon mission for about $1.5 billion — a relative bargain, said the company's president and CEO Alan Stern.

To keep costs low, Golden Spike will likely use existing or already-under-development rockets and spacecraft. However, the company will need to commission its own lunar lander and specially designed spacesuits.

I know I will never ever even come close to seeing $1.5 Billion, BUT.....

Let's say I did have an extra $1.5 Billion to throw away. That would not be all of the money I had. Now with that in mind, I say screw the dam discount bargain price. I'll pay $2 Billion if you use the top of the line merchandise. I don't want no dam hand-me-downs.

Paint a new label onto used discount rocket parts that were purchased from someone who found it on the beach.

edit on 12/6/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah, I think someone posted about this very thing last week, but I think it's worth posting again if that is the case. As things heat up more and more in Space prices will come down significantly. Tickets are a million and a half right now but that will change. I think the smart thing to do now would be to set up a Space tourism company with destinations in the inner solar system. Destinations in the outer system would be added as better faster propulsion methods are perfected. Are you excited? I know I am.

new topics

join