It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS'r accused me of being 'blood thirsty' for saying I do 'Gods Work.' THIS is my response

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For starters, I am not ‘Christian.’ I am not any religion. I do not adhere to texts or scriptures or dogmas or traditions. I do, however, draw from all sources of wisdom and information, from all cultures of the world, and then draw my own conclusions depending on what resonates best within myself as ‘truth.’
You seem to believe that everyone who believes in God is ‘blood thirsty.’ Why?

“Gods work” does not mean eliminating ‘non-believers’ or believers of other faiths from the face of the Earth. It does not mean spreading hate and fear and judgment. In fact, quite the opposite, if you are truly doing Gods work then you are spreading light, love and compassion.

Example: Yesterday I spent $50 (which is a lot of money in my world) on a 12 year old girl whom I have never met. I signed up for a Secret Santa program through a local charity. I have also had a ‘Traveler’ I met ‘randomly’ on the streets sleep in my house for the last week because he’s a nice guy and I don’t think the city I live in is safe to sleep outside. My wife and I have had probably close to 2 dozen people stay in our house over the last 3 or 4 years. Most of them are ‘strangers.’ Some have stayed with us upwards of 3 months while we helped them get a job and an apartment and just get settled overall. I also am a musician, poet and artist. All my work is designed specifically to give either hope, inspiration, a smile, laughter, or at least knowledge. My wife and I make pieces of art that we leave in different locations around town for people to find.

I smile at people. I make eye contact. I listen. I compliment people on the small things that I know mean a lot to them.

I do not believe in war or violence, unless it is direct self defense. And even in the case of self defense, I believe it should be ‘reasonable force,’ and not unnecessarily violent or destructive.
Yes, it is sad and true that many people who claim to believe in God do so in order to promote other agendas. Yes, some who believe in God do so in order to feel superior. Some do so in order to judge or condemn others. Some do so simply because they are to scared not to. But I tell you, Brother, those do not use the force of God to spread Love, Light and compassion, do NOT know who God is anymore than you do.
However, take a step back and look at what you’re doing: You’re judging, condemning and accusing people that you don’t know simply because of their beliefs….hm…Sounds like you’re doing the exact same thing as those you are mad at.

I do not say this to attack you. I say this to raise your awareness as to what you are actually doing with your energy.

ALSO:
Who are we to say what is ‘good’ and what is truly ‘evil.’
Yes, it is noble and just to stand for Peace, Love, Justice, Truth, etc, etc. And yes, it is my wish and prayer for the human population to better ourselves and to end suffering as much as we can…

But how do we know what someone else’s soul needs to learn? I know from my personal experience that some of the most painful experiences I have had to go through (the ones that make me ask, “Why God, why?”) are also the experiences that I learn the most from. And, I don’t know about you, but even if I could, there is no way I would go erase all of the pain and suffering that I have gone through in my past. Those experiences are of utmost importance.

Our souls sign up for these lessons. We need them. It is impossible to experience such lessons on any other dimension other than this physical world we call Earth. We come here with purpose: to learn. It is my belief that we even get to choose who our parents will be, when we will meet our ‘soul mates’ and other soul partners, and even what major lessons we will have to experience (yes, even the painful ones.) Our Higher Self knows what we need.

Think about it this way: Life is like a movie. Why do some people go to horror movies? Why do some go to sappy love films? And, still, why do some go to dramas and soap operas? Well…we go for a number of reasons: To learn, to have fun, to spend time with loved ones, and to immerse ourselves in another world, even if it’s only temporary. Movies are illusions. Movies are the illusion of space and time projected onto a 2 dimensional surface. We know this before we enter the theatre…and yet we find ourselves connected to the characters. We find ourselves scared, laughing, crying, yelling at the screen (even though they can’t hear us.) We suspend our disbelief that this movie is just a movie…even though we know it will end and we will return to that which we came from. Life is the same. We watch as the movie unfolds before us…we believe in space and time, we believe the illusion, and we temporarily choose to forget about the ‘real world’ from whence we came.

This doesn’t mean, of course, that we shouldn’t try to help others. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t feed the hungry, clothe the needy, and give a shoulder to the tired. But it does mean we should try to not judge ‘God’ for ‘doing’ ‘bad things’ to other people. God does not kill people. God does not let others be killed. God gave us freewill. Thus, it is we, HUMANS, who kill others. And, yes, it is we, HUMANS, who let others kill and be killed. Not God. But remember, the soul does not (and cannot) die anymore than a character in a movie. We are eternal.

So please, before you go around accusing others of hatred and a thirst for blood….stop. Breathe. Think about what energy you are putting out. Instead of reacting…evolve.

Again, Gods Work means spreading love. It means helping one another. It means loving yourself FIRST, so that the love you have for yourself can’t help but spread to others.

I apologize for all people of all religions who have spoiled the name of God. But let’s do our best to change that starting…..NOW.

edit on 6-12-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hell yeah. Good read. Im right there with you man!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice Rant...

Prepare for incoming...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

I wonder if it's possible to be charitable without telling as many people as possible how 'good' one's been? I have never seen anyone do it yet. Is telling people about one's charitable deeds a part of God's work? Or perhaps it is an appeal to vanity?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very good rant and I agree with what you say. My advice is just to do what you feel is right and continue doing it as long as it does not harm others in the process. Judging by what you have written I do not think you are out to harm others or are blood thirsty. Don't let the trolls get to you my friend as they are plentiful and are always looking for a meal.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I wonder if it's possible to be charitable without telling as many people as possible how 'good' one's been? I have never seen anyone do it yet. Is telling people about one's charitable deeds a part of God's work? Or perhaps it is an appeal to vanity?

A good point indeed, I was actually wondering the same thing myself as I was reading. It didn't seem wholly necessary to list a paragraph of charitable actions to prove to others one is not 'bloodthirsty'. I don't mean this as an attack on the OP, just with all the other points suitably raised that seemed unnecessary.

You say you've never seen someone be charitable without broadcasting it to someone, but then again if someone was charitable without mention it or allowing it to be known then how would you know about it in the first place to be able to say you've seen it?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I wonder if it's possible to be charitable without telling as many people as possible how 'good' one's been? I have never seen anyone do it yet.

Yes it is possible, in fact it happens every day all over the world. The reason you haven't "seen anyone do it" is because by definition they don't talk about it, of course.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I understand what you're saying, i really do. And yes, i did battle feelings of hypocrisy or 'gloating' whil i wrote this. But, truth is, I've been doing things like this for over 20 years...and this is the first time I've specifically posted about it. Also, this guy happened to call me "blood thirsty" just a few short hours after i spent many hours shopping for a charity program. By no means whatsoever did i sign up for this program in order to 'brag' about it. I didnt even mention it to my wife until days later after i signed up.
anyway, the 2 main reasons i posted about it were
A) To let this guy know that not all ppl who believe in God are hypocritical and selfish, so that maybe, hopefully, he could have a change of mind
And
B) to inspire others to remember that they too can take action.

Besides, even though it's difficult to talk about any of this without sounding hypocritical or like I am ironically selfish....

I do a lot more for others
Every single day
That i havent mentioned in this thread,
and i will continue to help others
every single day
Even if you know nothing about it.

I promise.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Dont sweat the small stuff, just do your thing and ignore the #....
The naysayers and the reformers will always be with us....so will the poor....
Relax ,go place a nice piece of art somewhere somebody will find joy in it....
good rant though.....feel better now?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Is it possible to be charitable, and present to others an example of positive thinking as an excellent role model with genuine respectable morals and standards, within an open forum meant for such, without being considered vain by the cynical pessimist? Forgive me if that quote was not directed at the op.

Beautiful message OP, this divided world filled with so much hate, would be a better place if many others could follow such an example, for even a portion of their otherwise, self absorbed lives.
A person that chooses to live their daily life by 'Godly' inspired rules, from a vast number of books or teachings, doesn't have make said person part of any religion, or church, or force anyone that they must believe what they do.. otherwise they will be condemned and so on.
I appreciate you sharing with us your good deeds and your admirable stance on how you carry yourself.
I do hope it will set an example for others to take something positive from, however small.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
People are anonymous enough in here, last I recall. Unless I missed the OP's address and name somewhere?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I get angry at anon people on the net too then rant about it

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeneid

A good point indeed, I was actually wondering the same thing myself as I was reading. It didn't seem wholly necessary to list a paragraph of charitable actions to prove to others one is not 'bloodthirsty'. I don't mean this as an attack on the OP, just with all the other points suitably raised that seemed unnecessary.

You say you've never seen someone be charitable without broadcasting it to someone, but then again if someone was charitable without mention it or allowing it to be known then how would you know about it in the first place to be able to say you've seen it?

Plus one.

The hypocrisy of the OP is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth. These 'look at me, aren't I a wonderful person' threads are pathetic. I can't even comprehend the kind of ego of people like this.

I don't need to read the other thread to confirm you are absolutely not spreading love light and compassion. If you were you wouldn't have written this selfish narcissistic rant. You are also complaining about another member judging you yet most of your rant is judging others and asking to be judged in a positive light.

A genuinely caring compassionate and charitable person would never extol the virtues of their own actions. Do charity for its own sake not so one can boast to others and prop up ones ego.

Does being charitable make you feel good? Well if it does then you are also doing it for selfish reasons, i.e. do it to feel better about oneself.

Genuinely caring compassionate and charitable people don't talk about it, its like the rules for fight club.

See look how wonderful i am. I don't tell anyone about my charitabe works.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

The hypocrisy of the OP is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth. These 'look at me, aren't I a wonderful person' threads are pathetic. I can't even comprehend the kind of ego of people like this.

Do charity for its own sake not so one can boast to others and prop up ones ego.

I didn't see any ego in the OP's words, interesting that is what you "see".

Did something in the OP upset you?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ones are believers, the others are infidels?
Than, the first group is deffending its god, or gods, killing the other group(s)?
Of course, they must homogenise their rows, and, they are starting killing some of their members, meaning, anyone who says the word against the leaders. That all leads to the same at other relligion groups, and, after they homogenise, they are to start bloody religious wars...

They can even make a secret deal, the leaders of the opposing sides, in the begining, in purpose of division of the spoils, and territories...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Gods work?? Don't you mean your work. There is absolutely no proof god exists.. Just what has been forced down every citizens throat since child birth. The belief in a supernatural being that will rain hellfire and damnation on you if you do not give submit to it's will. Who's will, what's will?

If we are to advance in culture and etc we will need to cast off Paleolithic beliefs and thought forms.

Destiny is in our hands not some invisible beings.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Youareallschizophrenic because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2012 by Youareallschizophrenic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I wonder if it's possible to be charitable without telling as many people as possible how 'good' one's been? I have never seen anyone do it yet.

Yes it is possible, in fact it happens every day all over the world. The reason you haven't "seen anyone do it" is because by definition they don't talk about it, of course.

You put into words what I was just trying to say. Thanks.

I've been charitable all the time without others knowing.

I'm anonymous on here so me saying that doesn't count as taking credit for anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Your presence screams of a being a bloodthirsty heathen from the howling outer darkness. You're a trickster. A deceitful snake attempting to win over bamboozled minds. Why don't you just skip to the end and start sacrificing children on the dark altar to your pagan gods?

Idk, you just give that impression.

But FIRST...let me actually read what you wrote and come back later (maybe).
edit on 8-12-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Your presence screams of a being a bloodthirsty heathen from the howling outer darkness. You're a trickster. A deceitful snake attempting to win over bamboozled minds. Why don't you just skip to the end and start sacrificing children on the dark altar to your pagan gods?

Now that's an insult...

Remind me not to make you angry.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm glad you could 'hear' my intention within this thread.

I appreciate you taking time to say something nice.
Far too often it is only those who like to tear down others who take the time to speak

That's okay. They are going to read and hear what I write with their own voice inside of their own head. If they could only have written this out of ego and selfishness...well, then they will imagine that I too could only have written this out of selfishness and ego, and thus, that is how they will hear my words inside of their head.

"In your growth, do not be afraid of evoking anger in other people. Anger is only a manifestation of their insecurity. But fearing this anger can hold you back. Anger would be merely stupid if it didn't create so much grief. Dissolve your own anger in love and forgiveness."
-From "Only Love is Real" by Brian Weiss.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join