It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dark side of Earth - new high-res images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by aRogue
Photos are fake, Australia is no where near as lit up like that lol... Nice try nasa.

They all look fake to me.
Like some sort of digital reproduction of some sort.
Why on Earth would the Earth be blue where not "lit"?

Supposedly taken on some Moonless night, no doubt. LoL.
They appear decidedly cartoonish and yes, I would say the "error" in Australia probably isn't the only one.

They are not fake, but they have modified the lights to make them visible. The shots are taken in visible infrared (from green to near-infrared) and they use filtering to show dim lights such as wildfires and city lights. They are taken by Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (Suomi NPP) satellite over 9 days in April and 13 days in October. Wildfires look so wide because they obviously move during the photo session. Same bush doesn't burn for months.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Sad but true is that from space, Earth is completely black in night side. Aliens wouldn't see us without satellites

edit on 11-12-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Yep,
I noticed that.

The thing I find funny is that the News in Australia are telling you those lights are Bush Fires.

Bushfires? are you kidding me? The smoke from those fires would have been pretty obvious!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Those bushfires look so big because they moved during the imaging time. Like I said earlier, it was taken in period of 9 days in April and 13 in October. So they bush fires move during that time.

link   
Yeah, as an Antipodean, and with friends in the mining industry in Western Oz, that is pretty bizarre...something gives there that we aren't being told, whether it's a false rendering, or 'bushfires' , it doesn't really add up...

link   
Yeah, as an Antipodean, and with friends in the mining industry in Western Oz, that is pretty bizarre...something gives there that we aren't being told, whether it's a false rendering, or 'bushfires' , it doesn't really add up...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Oh yeah I understand that, but to have 'that' many, large scale bushfires burning for 9+ days like that?...

I know what Perth is like when bunbury has a bit of a sizzle... that many fires of that scale would have been known and recorded.

I'm not saying its some wam bang thankyou mam conspiracy of aliens, its probably just a fault with the optics or a super secret death ray testing... but i dont think its 'all' legit bushfires.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The raw images looks something like this, this is taken from Nile delta.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Australia is almost the same size as the US. Do you think if half the US was on fire you might have heard about it?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

While I understand the explanation, and appreciate NASA for pointing this particular conflict out, these must be a composite of many many many pictures because that is some serious lighting. If you measure them they are incredible in size. I would expect the feint speckling lighting that you can see in between the large sections but those huge patches where there should be DESERT just makes no sense whatsoever.

Also the land should be blackened. A massive patch like that should show evidence even in Google Maps. There is none.

Very strange.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
No wonder they call us the light beings from the blue planet

That's really beautiful.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Thanx for those images, i have set the UK one on my desktop

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>