It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Afghan boys 'shot by British while drinking tea'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

British forces have been accused of killing four boys at close range in an operation in Afghanistan.

A 12-year-old boy and three teenagers are alleged to have been shot dead as they were drinking tea during a counter-insurgency operation in Afghanistan. Witnesses claim the operation was lead by British soldiers, with defence secretary Philip Hammond now being asked to launch an investigation. Lawyers for the victims' family claim the four boys appeared to have been “deliberately targeted at close range”, according to the Guardian newspaper. They have been named as Fazel Mohammed, 18, Naik Mohammed, 16, Mohammed Tayeb, 14 and Ahmed Shah, 12. A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence last night confirmed it had received a letter outlining the allegations from a firm of British lawyers.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I don't even know what to say. How can someone have the right mind to do this? We need to withdraw from there as soon as possible.

edit on 6/12/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Okay, there are two levels to this...and I must be getting cynical to see it that way, but professional hazard I guess. The obvious and most important one is the human one of course...and I'd want to hear both sides of the story in some detail before assuming anything. An Investigation is what they're calling for and I'd say that's absolutely what's in order. If it's as bad as it sounds....(big if ...I mean.. wow.. really? this cold?) then these guys need put under the prison.

The other level is the statement of the story ITSELF. Hey, when the war zone where it's apparently necessary to kill like this....is SO open, friendly and press positive that they have the names, ages and for all I know...the school records for each kid too, then I think it's time to call it a war, however we want to describe it .....both the U.S. and the British anyway... Let NATO stay if they want to.... but it's time for our guys to come home.

This is just too twilight zone over there now and it's been over a decade of war... ugh.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I will call this as BS

First, even in Western culture the 18yo is not a boy, he is a man. In Afghan culture the 16 and 14yo are both men. So three men and a lad sitting around drinking tea? In Afghanistan?

And someone has the funds to hire lawyers in England!

You know I know when I smell fecal matter and this stinks of BS

We need harp music to go along with this.

P

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The death of a child is horrific in any situation. However:-

www.trust.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
we need to get out of afghanistan, and leave these people alone to live in the 7th century. these people don't want democracy, or representative government, they want rules and laws to be established and carried out by their respective local warlords, all in accordance with the quran.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I will call this as BS

First, even in Western culture the 18yo is not a boy, he is a man. In Afghan culture the 16 and 14yo are both men. So three men and a lad sitting around drinking tea? In Afghanistan?

No, it doesn't matter what they think, in our countries they would still be under the adult age which would make them minors.

join