It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if a free downloadable app to read the thoughts of another being is relaed on 12-21-12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That would change the world but it would not destroy it.

or something that allows a person not to be lied to or preyed upon

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if an app was released that could do that all it would ever say is i hope he doesnt have that app i would hate for him to know what im thinking about.... repeat for every person you used it on.

paranoia is rampant as it is, let alone with some tech like that running around... people would never leave there house again for fear of there biggest secrets, desires and fears being found out.

would end humanity as we know it.

just saying

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Personally I cannot wait a minute longer for the date to come and go, to see the end of these ridiculous threads popping up lately. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
That would change the world but it would not destroy it.

or something that allows a person not to be lied to or preyed upon

Whatif

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
And pranced and partied all night long
And sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pol?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems swell, and then
The nighttime Whatifs strike again!
- Shel Silverstein

www.qu-i-x.com...

I think while it is good to think about what ifs, you cannot dwell on them.

If an app was created to read minds or detects lies, society would adapt.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've got an idea for a new thread! What if a purple, flying spaghetti monster swoops down from the skies on Dec 21st and literally EATS every politician on Earth? OR what if we start perceiving everything around us as if we are watching a Looney Tunes Cartoon - animation and zany antics and all?

Seriously though, this technology is likely to already exist. And we won't ever see it in the public sector. This world would be reduced to absolute chaos within a week if such an 'app' were made available.

I see no point in this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, then I'd say a mystery has been answered. Walt Disney really WAS cryogenically preserved. Why? Because if this happened, then they thawed him out and made him Secretary General of the Global Community because I'd have definitely gone to bed in Missouri to awake in Fantasy Land.
Now that would be quite a change indeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes it would end the world because every single wife would be #ing pissed off about what really went thru the minds of a man.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What if a free downloadable app to read the thoughts of another being is released on 12-21-12

it would reveal that your a d... a.. !

just kidding!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Everyone is look around.

Back to the subject.

Oh there would be a shock to society but afterwards there would be no lying, (Children would never get away with it so they wouldn't even try) No theft because the thieves would be caught, no murder because the victims would see it coming.

Utopia maybe not.

Would speaking fall by the wayside? possibly since I suppose people would not bother with speach after a while.
And writing would soon follow since you need to learn one before another. Too bad there is a lot of great literature out there. The internet would probably go byebye (no writing=no typing)
Movies probably not there anymore.
Music would be instrumental no songs.

One planet wide electric disaster a couple of generations down the road that takes away the app and we are speechless illiterate apes again.

Maybe that is what happened to the neanderthals

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I've got an idea for a new thread! What if a purple, flying spaghetti monster swoops down from the skies on Dec 21st and literally EATS every politician on Earth?

Hmm
Maybe I should convert to Pastafarianisem.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by tinhattribunal

Everyone is look around.

Back to the subject.

Oh there would be a shock to society but afterwards there would be no lying, (Children would never get away with it so they wouldn't even try) No theft because the thieves would be caught, no murder because the victims would see it coming.

Utopia maybe not.

Would speaking fall by the wayside? possibly since I suppose people would not bother with speach after a while.
And writing would soon follow since you need to learn one before another. Too bad there is a lot of great literature out there. The internet would probably go byebye (no writing=no typing)
Movies probably not there anymore.
Music would be instrumental no songs.

One planet wide electric disaster a couple of generations down the road that takes away the app and we are speechless illiterate apes again.

Maybe that is what happened to the neanderthals

Now this would be an interesting book or movie. Something that could really be fleshed out. What is going to happen to people as they become more and more dependent on technology? What happens if that technology fails? How many "tweens" out there would be lost if cell-phone/internet/cable service was cut off for days/weeks/years?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DCNWA

Would have made a great Twilight Zone Episode.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by DCNWA

Would have made a great Twilight Zone Episode.

Yes. It did; or at least approached the reading minds aspect. Watch it here:

edit on 12/7/2012 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

In the hands of man, we would enjoy the ability of reading our wives minds and could become the perfect mate, knowing when to say and do those special things and leave the room/house/county as needed till a storm passes.

In the hands of a woman, us men are screwed ...

new topics

top topics

join