It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Doomsday Prepper” Raided By Police, FBI After Criticizing Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Maryland man targeted after telling undercover police officer he was “irritated” at Obama re-election.

A “doomsday prepper” in a rural area of Maryland became a target for police and the FBI after he told an undercover cop that he was “very irritated” about Barack Obama’s re-election, sparking an investigation that eventually led to 46-year-old Terry Porter being thrown in prison and having his home raided by 150 armed officers.

Link to Video

www.infowars.com...

dprogram.net...
www.darkpolitricks.com... paign=Feed%5Cu00253A+DarkPolitricks+%5Cu002528Dark+Politricks%5Cu002529

Crap I know a lot of people that could be arrested for the same thing....Geeez!

edit on 6-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Alternative sources?

Infowars isn't a credible source in the slightest in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Land of the free... home of the brave indeed.

A very close friend of mine has so many rifles and hand guns I can't count. I wonder if he too would run the risk of having the police storm his home.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wish you had a better source...But, thanks for sharing.

If true there is probably a lot more to the story.

Some of these people make "Balloon Boy" parents looks responsible.

Also, lots of these "Preppers" have small arsenals.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I think that depends entirely on where they live. Preppers in this area would probably just have a couple cops stop buy and they'd surely ask for good sources on prices for some of it before leaving too. In other areas? 150 cops come like Apocalypse Now.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by DerekJR321

I think that depends entirely on where they live. Preppers in this area would probably just have a couple cops stop buy and they'd surely ask for good sources on prices for some of it before leaving too. In other areas? 150 cops come like Apocalypse Now.

Well, we live in New York. Long Island to be specific. And the feds keep a close eye on people out here. They are always lurking undercover at the local firing range. Especially since it was "rumored" that some terrorists used to train there (Calverton Rifle Range).

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Had you read the article you would have seen this - articles.herald-mail.com...

The man doesn't have a leg to stand on Maryland law being what it is. Any felony drug conviction and you lose your 2nd amendment rights. This is true in most states. I can understand if you were convicted of a violent offense but whatever.
They can also declare you mentally incompetent (maybe just for believing in conspiracy theories) like they did to David Sarti in Tennessee.

Good thing I don't have any convictions and am only somewhat irritated by Obama's re-election. I wouldn't want them stealing my Ruger 10/22 and big bag of rice!

edit on 6-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Infowars also provided a link to this information.....

Terry Allen Porter, 46, of 4433 Mills Road, Sharpsburg, was charged Friday with seven counts each of being a convicted felon in possession of a rifle or shotgun and possession of firearms after being convicted of a disqualifying offense, court records said.

Porter was the subject of a manhunt after his property was searched Thursday. He turned himself in Friday morning and was briefly held on $75,000 bond before posting bail, court records said.

Contacted Monday by The Herald-Mail, Porter declined to comment on his case. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Dec. 19, court records said.

Porter’s criminal record includes a 1992 conviction for distribution of coc aine before a U.S. magistrate in West Virginia, according to the statement of probable cause filed by state police. Porter was sentenced to six months’ incarceration and three years’ probation in the case, the document said.

Source

The guys was convicted of distribution of coc aine, thus his felony status prohibits him from owning any weapons!!

I guess this is an example of Alex Jones being as guilty of lieing as he harps on the MSM for doing the same thing!!

This guy was NOT arrested for criticizing Obama as the false story implys......

Such a shame that Infowars is guilty of the same kind of lies and stories as the MSM........

Hey Alex! The MSM and government lies plenty! Stick to the truth and quit trying to sensationalize things...

edit on 6-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Infowars also provided a link to this information.....

Terry Allen Porter, 46, of 4433 Mills Road, Sharpsburg, was charged Friday with seven counts each of being a convicted felon in possession of a rifle or shotgun and possession of firearms after being convicted of a disqualifying offense, court records said.

Porter was the subject of a manhunt after his property was searched Thursday. He turned himself in Friday morning and was briefly held on $75,000 bond before posting bail, court records said.

Contacted Monday by The Herald-Mail, Porter declined to comment on his case. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Dec. 19, court records said.

Porter’s criminal record includes a 1992 conviction for distribution of coc aine before a U.S. magistrate in West Virginia, according to the statement of probable cause filed by state police. Porter was sentenced to six months’ incarceration and three years’ probation in the case, the document said.

Source

The guys was convicted of distribution of coc aine, thus his felony status prohibits him from owning any weapons!!

I guess this is an example of Alex Jones being as guilty of lieing as he harps on the MSM for doing the same thing!!

This guy was NOT arrested for criticizing Obama as the false story implys......

Such a shame that Infowars is guilty of the same kind of lies and stories as the MSM........

Hey Alex! The MSM and government lies plenty! Stick to the truth and quit trying to sensationalize things...

edit on 6-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Your point is very fair (despite the fact that the "non-violent 'criminals' can't own firearms" law being complete anti-constitutional BS).

However, my question is why was this man's property searched? An anonymous tip. That's awfully convenient. I know for a fact that sometimes "anonymous tip" is a tool used to target someone when there is no other (legal) reason to do so. Not saying that's definitely what happened here-- just that it raises some flags for me, when I read that kind of thing....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I do think there is a vendetta against this guy, but my reply was to point out how Alex Jones is no better than the MSM for presenting half truths and total lies.

It is a shame really, because I used to use prison planet to actually find truths that if not for them bringing it up, I never would have found the info.......

Seems to me that Alex is becoming nothing more than a shill to promote sensationalized garbage like the rest of the media.....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

already posted
edit on 12/6/2012 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This article might tell a different story... Man who was subject of manhunt told undercover trooper about bunker, surveillance cameras

They on in length about this man's apparently long history with the law. Leaving this slightly redundant post, however it should be noted that this is a good example of how Infowars often chooses to write a story: without important facts.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join