It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21, 2012 : A Time For Truth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I feel this thread should be in 'The Gray Area'.

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences.

OP has no wish or care to even attempt to backup the claims. I know I am not a moderator, I just wish all 2012 threads were made by people at least interested in supporting their claims with something
edit on 7-12-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Albert Pike was a pretty interesting Freemason.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Philosophile

11:11 is the wake up call to what is going to happen on December 21, 2012. The winter solstice which is the origin of Christs birthday for December 25, will occur this year at 11:11am Universal time.

Two things...

1. The "event" according to the mayan calender is to happen at 00:07 GMT, not 11:11 MFT (magical fairy time)

2. The winter solstice is not "the origin of Christs birthday" It's clear in the scripture Christ wasn't even born in the winter. The winter solstace (dec 25) is the day which the sun is up for the least amount of time in a single day. Just as the summer solstice (jun 21) is the day which the sun is up for the most amount of time in a single day.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Philosophile

11:11 is the wake up call to what is going to happen on December 21, 2012. The winter solstice which is the origin of Christs birthday for December 25, will occur this year at 11:11am Universal time.

Two things...

1. The "event" according to the mayan calender is to happen at 00:07 GMT, not 11:11 MFT (magical fairy time)

2. The winter solstice is not "the origin of Christs birthday" It's clear in the scripture Christ wasn't even born in the winter. The winter solstace (dec 25) is the day which the sun is up for the least amount of time in a single day. Just as the summer solstice (jun 21) is the day which the sun is up for the most amount of time in a single day.

Now why did you have to go and slander fairies?

They had nothing to do with this thread whatsoever.

Don't be surprised if you can't find your keys in the morning.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
But seriously, only the OP knows when it's time for him to bolt. I'm 2500 miles away from my family and friends. When the time comes, if it comes at all, society pushes you away and you don't fit in any longer. There's no question.

If you've never received a calling, then how would any of you know? I have, and I am answering it. My wife and daughter didn't need me anymore and my family and career were non-existent. But it was still hard to walk away from the family dog. That was the toughest part. You guys can judge me too if you like. Knock yourselves out.

Cut this guy some slack. At least he's honest and has a pair.
edit on 7/12/2012 by htapath because: it's another conspiracy

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
are you going to be a hobo?

good luck with that

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Because when someone says something is going to happen at 11:11 and it's god-related, and they forget to include a time zone, rest assured it's MFT (magical fairy time).

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

no he went to go live with the natives.. i'm not kidding.. native americans .. he works for some cranky lady that owns a farm and the internet that he uses and he tracks water like 1/2 mile/day..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Because when someone says something is going to happen at 11:11 and it's god-related, and they forget to include a time zone, rest assured it's MFT (magical fairy time).

In all fairness if it's in the context of the Mayan 'end times' I would think the time zone would be the modern-day Mayan time zone.

As for 11:11... too silly for me to invest much thought in

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

In all fairness if it's in the context of the Mayan 'end times' I would think the time zone would be the modern-day Mayan time zone.

As for 11:11... too silly for me to invest much thought in

Typically when referring to timezones for any major event we use GMT, because it's universal.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Not sure I follow that?

If in fact the Mayans knew of an event why wouldn't its timing be based on their timezone? Was your point not that a precise time zone was not being given?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

ETA: Deleted.
edit on 7-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

i get what your saying since it's a mayan prediction.. but he's saying they're using universal time so everyone everywhere on earth will know at the same time in different zones... i don't know what a specific time has to do with the mayan prediction.. but i think it's more of this ascension thing people are referring too... anywho.. it'll be here quick now..

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Honestly I don't know much about time-zones

According to Wiki "The Maya people constitute a diverse range of the Native American people of southern Mexico and northern Central America.".

So would that be Central Standard Time (CST)?

According to Wiki GMT is the same as Western European Time.

Snapshot (kinda) of

CST
Saturday, 8 December
0:21:34 a.m

GMT
Saturday, 8 December
6:21:12 a.m

If the question is December 21 according to which time zone. And that date is going to occur differently depending on those two time zones... why wouldn't CTS be the correct one?

Again I don't really understand time zones or how it would relate to ancient civilizations. So if this is really stupid it's totally fine if you tell me so
I just don't understand why if it's something a culture was tracking from the perspective of their geographical location, we wouldn't assume the event they were tracking to happen according to their time zone.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

GMT is space-time. Also known as UTC or Zulu. It is the time that all countries refer to when using multiple time zones, as to avoid confusion. Satellites go by GMT. Major events that span across multiple time zones use GMT.

Yes, the Mayan's would have used their own time zone to predict the event but modern people trying to do serious research on when the Mayans said the event will occur would use GMT.

From wiki:

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is a time system originally referring to mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London, which later became adopted as a global time standard. It is arguably the same as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and when this is viewed as a time zone the name Greenwich Mean Time is especially used by bodies connected with the United Kingdom, such as the BBC World Service,[1] the Royal Navy, the Met Office and others particularly in Arab countries, such as the Middle East Broadcasting Center and OSN. It is the term in common use in the United Kingdom and countries of the Commonwealth, including Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan and Malaysia, as well as many other countries in the Old World. Before the introduction of UTC on 1 January 1972 Greenwich Mean Time (also known as Zulu time) was the same as Universal Time (UT) which is a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields. Astronomers no longer use the term "Greenwich Mean Time". In the United Kingdom, GMT is the official time only during winter; during summer British Summer Time is used. GMT is the same as Western European Time.[2]

edit on 8-12-2012 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by reject

no he went to go live with the natives.. i'm not kidding.. native americans .. he works for some cranky lady that owns a farm and the internet that he uses and he tracks water like 1/2 mile/day..

You forgot the most important part.

The kicker is that I've never been happier in my life.

Loving you brother.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Lol i'm a sister
and glad your finding your happiness brother.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Back off, fella.

I saw her first.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
What will you do when nothing happens? Because NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostyMew

That was a factually incorrect post.

Nothing will happen? Nothing? Pretty sure I am going to feed my cats that day. Pretty sure lots of stuff is going to happen.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join