It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Poles on Fire in Texas

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been offered up as a reply on this thread (haven't read through the whole thing), but what comes to mind is sun-related. Think of the telegraph pylons during the crazy solar storm of 1859. Also, isn't Texas having unprecedented heat waves right now as well? Maybe there's more going on with the sun than we are being led to believe, just like in "Knowing" where people are trying to get out of the heat before the sun just torches everything.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is accelerating fast. From what I understand is we have two dimensions converging. While very rare, it does happen. Transference of energy is the first sign. We have seen this in the recent 'SuperStorms'. Now the energy grid in Texas. There should be more world wide reports of disasters.

From the VERY little I understand, each dimension has its own 'frequency', so to speak. These are not constant, but do vary slightly due to 'universal' forces (i.e. crossing the galactic plane). This causes the 'frequency' of a dimension to vary slightly more than usual and you get two dimensions trying to occupy the same space. The closer the 'frequencies', the more interference you have between the two. So long as the 'frequencies' do not match exactly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Keep an eye on the Sun and other planets as they should be affected also.

Peace all.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

As long as the High Voltage Transformers don't blow up then we will be just fine.

Clearly, our sun is throwing a bit of a hissy fit in December 2012.
We will ride it out. Roll with the punches.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

So many transformers all at once.

Seems like a bad omen to me .. One of large transformations soon to come!

For me ... internally speculating ... I found myself theorizing of a secret war ... and I'd be looking for bulletholes in those transformers.

Because ... my memory [which is poor] serves me some vision of me reading an ATS thread [which I am looking for] saying some war was on and the transformers were the target and there was info provided about the supply side of the transformer to market equation that was going to be exploited and how that market is now heavily squeazed.

There are all kinds of hit men ... both economic and real! They are all very good shots ok! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: I'm am not saying that it is bullet holes ... but that is what I'd be looking for from the get go!

You know ... just to like rule that out of the equation after a full and thourough deeply probing investigation.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: And as I promised above ... [please pat my memory with a star thank you!
]

Rifle-Toting Terrorists Called Major Threat to U.S. Power Grid (by Phoenix posted on 24-11-2012 @ 09:55 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Things .. just got a bit deeper and darker and murkier just before xmass.

I hope everybody has their tin foil hat tightly on.

Ima get :w:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Interesting theory OL

this power surge might be intentional
redirecting the electric power on a specifique grid target
would do that to power poles
that kind of damage is very hard to repair but still can be repaired
if they replace the poles but it would take weeks
and it happen 2 weeks before the big mayan date .. coincidence ? i dont know

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld
This is accelerating fast. From what I understand is we have two dimensions converging. While very rare, it does happen. Transference of energy is the first sign. We have seen this in the recent 'SuperStorms'. Now the energy grid in Texas. There should be more world wide reports of disasters.

From the VERY little I understand, each dimension has its own 'frequency', so to speak. These are not constant, but do vary slightly due to 'universal' forces (i.e. crossing the galactic plane). This causes the 'frequency' of a dimension to vary slightly more than usual and you get two dimensions trying to occupy the same space. The closer the 'frequencies', the more interference you have between the two. So long as the 'frequencies' do not match exactly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Keep an eye on the Sun and other planets as they should be affected also.

Peace all.

uh huh.. and where did you get that information? The planet's frequency or schumann resonances at 7.83 MH...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How unusual- good catch, OP (and your first ATS thread- well done!:up

Never heard of this phenomenon in the UK- anyone else?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: And as I promised above ... [please pat my memory with a star thank you!
]

Rifle-Toting Terrorists Called Major Threat to U.S. Power Grid (by Phoenix posted on 24-11-2012 @ 09:55 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Things .. just got a bit deeper and darker and murkier just before xmass.

I hope everybody has their tin foil hat tightly on.

Ima get :w:

I think that's a very plausible theory. I worked for a number of years swapping out pole-top transformer cores, and in about 80% of the cases, a bullet was the culprit. This was in Australia though, so i don't think it was any sort of "terror plot"... more of a local tradition of shooting anything you can see from the car window....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Opinion, the many CMEs and solar events seem to be stacking electromagnetic energy on top of electromagnetic energy that for some reason is resonating first in Texas. We had a strong CME a few days ago that did not arrive as they thought it would.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So I come here to enjoy the topics but I actually know something about this one! It is in fact the dust on the poles that cause them to burst into flames. It is caused by the severe drought conditions that Texas has had the last few years, and yes the static on the dust on the poles ignites when a fog rolls in.

The same thing happened in Pasadena, TX last year just south of Houston during the unprecedented drought we had last year. It got so bad with poles igniting that eventually the fire patrol / city workers were going around and dousing the poles in water during the week to clean the dust off to keep them from igniting. Only difference was that it was the humidity from the Gulf that caused the ignitions, and not a fog event.

I think central Texas is still in extreme drought conditions, so it would be no surprise to see this happening there.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The phenomenon that caused the fires, known as “tracking,” can occur when dust accumulated on the insulators of utility poles comes into contact with heavy fog conditions, according to experts. The moisture, combined with caked-on elements, can act as a conductor of sorts, causing electricity in the power lines to arc and the poles to catch fire, several experts said.

Although emergency and power officials said isolated incidents are not necessarily uncommon, several said the sheer number of such fires in such a short period of time Thursday morning was unique.

Hilco Electric Cooperative, which serves Dallas, Ellis, Hill, McLennan and Johnson counties, had 26 poles catch fire — 24 of them in Hill and McLennan Counties, assistant general manager Lea Sanders said.

“We haven’t experienced anything of this magnitude before,” said Sanders, who has worked at Hilco for 13 years.

“It’s an anomaly.”

www.wacotrib.com...

Yep, this here is some good ol' down home ATSian weirdness.

So their actual best guess right now is that dust got wet from fog and formed a cake around the power pole equipment and started the poles on fire...

60 times in 6 counties of Texas.

Best story in forever.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes- thats my problem with the OS.

I can see that dust, exposed to a damp fog, may cake into a semi solid mass- yes, I can see that it may be possible for said mass to cause some sort of arcing/shorting problem.

Why then a) dont we see it more regularly, and b) why is it suddenly at epidemic proportions in one small area, as in '60 times in 6 counties of Texas'

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

my first thought when I read your post was maybe they had just sprayed that area with chemtrails which is known to have aluminum. just a thought.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Hmmm, in Houston, Texas a little over a week ago poles and transformers were burning. Two incidents in my neighborhood and the next neighborhood. Now this could've happened in other areas of Houston as well but nothing was said about it if it did so as far as I know my zip code is the only place for the incidents. Who knows what's really going on? Someone flippantly said it may be due to the sun, personally I can't say.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by schmae

Opinion, the many CMEs and solar events seem to be stacking electromagnetic energy on top of electromagnetic energy that for some reason is resonating first in Texas. We had a strong CME a few days ago that did not arrive as they thought it would.

We are getting help.
Huge Biospheres Extending Their Shields

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but there was a meteor seen all across Texas today at 6:45am. It was green and had a big burst. People said they could hear it. Maybe this could have something to do with it?? I don't know.

www.myfoxdfw.com... as

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I overslept this morning, so if it was visible from here I missed it. I guess I'll watch the news tonight to see if they have video. Sad I missed it, but sleeping felt goooooood!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Must be related to the upcoming 2012 apocalypse.

There must be something in The Book of Revelation about this..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah I didn't see it either, but I know several people who did. They said they could hear it explode. I was happy to be sleeping too! Best night of sleep I had in a while actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join