It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Poles on Fire in Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it strange that ATS is presently the closest thing to an international or even national 'news' source that is carrying this story right now?

This is good stuff. I knew this sort of thing would happen on ATS someday. Just didn't expect it to come like this.

Dozens and dozens of power poles catching fire through out half a dozen counties in Texas? I'd say this here story has serious legs.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Does anyone else find it strange that ATS is presently the closest thing to an international or even national 'news' source that is carrying this story right now?

This is good stuff. I knew this sort of thing would happen on ATS someday. Just didn't expect it to come like this.

Dozens and dozens of power poles catching fire through out half a dozen counties in Texas? I'd say this here story has serious legs.

I think,and I could be wrong,but salt will be the reason.
But why in Dallas?
Too weird.
edit on 6-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Well if you follow the current trend of gas leaks and explosions it does seem to fit the bill.
IMO sun is getting hotter and Louisiana is getting lower.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yeah, I am realizing that now, as I look around I am finding that it has happened before. Here is a case from Texas last year...

www.kbtx.com...

Yeah, not the sun, but still, the event seems notable just due to the fact that it was so widespread. I am thinking that it must have been an extraordinary amount of fog in areas that had not seen it in a long time.

So, yeah, if everyone Googles 'fog catches power poles on fire', or something like that, you will see stories going back. Just not as widespread and intense.

Too weird.

It is awesome in its weirdness. I don't mean to be a ghoul but it doesn't get any better than dozens of power poles spontaneously bursting in to flame.

If it started happening on my block, I would crank up some Sabbath.

Thanks friend.

Hey ATS, I just wanted to add that even though the reasons behind the fires is very mundane the number of poles catching fire and the wide geographic area over which they ignited really does set this episode apart as extraordinary. This is from the same article that i posted from last year...

"Very unusual for us to have five pole top fires in one night ," said Dan Wilkerson, Bryan Texas Utilities General Manager.
www.kbtx.com...

So over 60 poles in 6 counties must be very, very, very unusual, I'm thinking. Seems to me this may qualify the occurrence to be known as the Texas Power Pole Event of 2012.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Wow , really ?
They all caught fire at the top ?
But its' been bone dry here for ages.
Hmmm, this is a strange one.
You would think it would happen all the time then.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Something fishy is most likely going on.

Fog doesn't start fires. And dust would vary enough that they wouldn't all catch fire on the same day

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It would take some time for a power pole on fire to cause an outage and more than likely a single pole on fire completely burnt up could still allow for electric flow until the lines ground or short out.
So any power outage in the area at the same time would be from an event other than poles on fire.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

"The form of either dust and on the coast salt builds up on insulators and when there's just enough light rain the two mix together and make a mud that is conductive and it will conduct electricity down to the pole or the cross arm and catch them on fire," Wilkerson said.

Well the problem with that theory is that there is no salt in the air in bryan texas or the area these poles caught on fire.

link   
For fifty or sixty poles to sponateously combust? all at about 4 am? or was it spread out among the counties at differing times?
I think thats a mega coinky dink ......
The weather radar should be retrievable for the time period.....maybe we could follow the harrumph" Fog banks" movements by it?

The fog must have been present in all locations no?
how does the times of the fires jibe?
I am thinking big inrush of power to something in the area too................???

link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
It would take some time for a power pole on fire to cause an outage and more than likely a single pole on fire completely burnt up could still allow for electric flow until the lines ground or short out.
So any power outage in the area at the same time would be from an event other than poles on fire.

When our little power outage happen,it was sudden and widespread.
I was in the grocery store in line to check out,then a bright blue flash and the power was out.
I couldn't check out,so I left.
As I was driving down the road back home,I witnessed many more bright blue flashes for transformers blowing out.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I live just south of Fort Worth and I recall that collider was in Waxahachie about 60 or so miles south of Dallas.

From Wikipedia

The Superconducting Super Collider (SSC) (also nicknamed the Desertron[1]) was a particle accelerator complex under construction in the vicinity of Waxahachie, Texas, that was set to be the world's largest and most energetic, surpassing the current record held by the Large Hadron Collider. Its planned ring circumference was 87.1 kilometres (54.1 mi) with an energy of 20 TeV per proton. The project's director was Roy Schwitters, a physicist at the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Louis Ianniello served as its first Project Director for 15 months.[2] The project was cancelled in 1993 due to budget problems.[3]

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Was there severe weather involved that caused a short in the lines? ie tree limb or strong wind causing the two separate transmission lines to short

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I knew it was somewhere up there. I do wonder if they continued working on it in secret though.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Maybe the same squirrels found on Mars..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
1859 all over again.....
get ready

en.wikipedia.org...

Back in 1859 we had a huge solar flare that set telegraph lines on fire.

edit on 6-12-2012 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Who knows. The pentagon always has billions missing from budget each year...black ops most likely. I suspect there would have been some leak by now though. I am wondering why the wage was so high. Danger? someone trying to take advantage of the gov or just stupidity.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Or.... it could be 1859 all over agian

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Probably because they had to go underground quite a ways. Also they had to get searched going in and coming out.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

OK surely other people have put this together with the sonic booms and tremors that occurred on the I35 corridor on Tuesday and Wednesday that are being posted about on other threads.. seems to all be related or at least very odd 3 strange and unusual occurrence all together within a 72 hour period ...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Was there severe weather involved that caused a short in the lines? ie tree limb or strong wind causing the two separate transmission lines to short

What caused our problem was actually the storm of the century with the winds blowing saltwater well inland.
After a couple of weeks,everything dried out and then another storm hit with just some wind and rain.
Nothing fell or anything like that during that event.
It was like the fourth of July all of a sudden.

That was back in '93

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join