It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Poles on Fire in Texas

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For so many counties' poles to burst into flames because of the fog, you'd think it would happen every year at the first fog. Electricity in wires and canisters - I'm not a professional but the people who set those poles up should be - doesn't overload unless someone made it do that.

Maybe the equipment was made of inferior material, or cut corners, or did the math wrong when setting up certain connections.

Maybe it was sabotage of the economic kind, intending to put the power companies out of business in some way. Egads we have a situation in the south with big businessmen in power companies making big deals, billions of dollars. All part of the focus on the energy sector.

I keep going back to that prediction about the terrorist plot against an energy tower that remote viewer Ed Dames put up. I'm not saying they are involved, you must remember that. Not too long ago a post like that spurred the weirdest "we love our electricity companies" full page propaganda in the press. But you know there is international investment group battles in the power grid, they come from big countries that cheat to win. Not for the investment, but for the overall political freedom of choice that vanishes when enough money shows up.

I wonder who was responsible for all the power connections that caught on fire? If you find the company you will find the country behind it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

i can explain this one. im from south texas and my dad is a fire chief there. i've seen probably ten different poles sparking at various times in my life. it usually happens during droughts, because dust builds up on the equipment and doesn't get washed off by the rain. when the transformers get too dusty, they start to throw sparks. if no one catches or reports them, they can catch fire quite easily. if a lot of them are catching fire in the area it is because there is a drought and the local utility company has been slacking on maintenance.

if u think hearing about one is scary, you should see it in person (especially when the sparks are over a large propane tank... luckily it didn't catch fire).

so you were right that there was a reason behind the high number of fires.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
For so many counties' poles to burst into flames because of the fog, you'd think it would happen every year at the first fog. Electricity in wires and canisters - I'm not a professional but the people who set those poles up should be - doesn't overload unless someone made it do that.

Maybe the equipment was made of inferior material, or cut corners, or did the math wrong when setting up certain connections.

Maybe it was sabotage of the economic kind, intending to put the power companies out of business in some way. Egads we have a situation in the south with big businessmen in power companies making big deals, billions of dollars. All part of the focus on the energy sector.

I keep going back to that prediction about the terrorist plot against an energy tower that remote viewer Ed Dames put up. I'm not saying they are involved, you must remember that. Not too long ago a post like that spurred the weirdest "we love our electricity companies" full page propaganda in the press. But you know there is international investment group battles in the power grid, they come from big countries that cheat to win. Not for the investment, but for the overall political freedom of choice that vanishes when enough money shows up.

I wonder who was responsible for all the power connections that caught on fire? If you find the company you will find the country behind it.

Are you saying the dust and fog had an agenda?

State sponsered dust terrorists do sound scary.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join