It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange Zombie Dream last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm going to keep this thread short and sweet and hopefully I'll get some members take on it, cause I'm curious to see if stuff like this happens to anyone else.

Last night I go to bed, I start dreaming, I'm the type of person who dreams and can tell you to great detail what I was dreaming about that night. I know many out there never know if they're dreaming, nor have any clue of the subject matter within the dream. So last night I'm sleeping/dreaming and I'm having a zombie like dream, where citizens (who are still alive) have banded together to survive against the walking dead. Nothing strange about that, I have dreams like this every so often because I find the subject quite interesting so obviously my mind takes me there in dreams. What was strange about last night was that I woke up twice, once to go to the bathroom and the other time to get a drink of water, and each time I returned to sleep I went right back to where I was at in my dream.... I dont believe I've ever had anything like that happen before and it's got me thinking about it today. I don't believe there is any significant meaning behind the subject matter of my dream (like i stated earlier), I actually love when I dream like this because I find the survival of a zombie apocalypse to be terrifying and incredible all at the same time. I just found it extremely strange that I kept returning to that same dream within the same night. It was like I hit paused for when I woke up and once I fell asleep again it was like my mind hit play again...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
edit on 6-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yup sometimes, but I find it annoying when I wake up from a dream (Like my Nicole Kidman fave dream) and I can't get right back into it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes, i had a long dream i continued many nights in a row. It was like a movie i had to finish. So every night before i closed my eyes i thought were i was when i woke up and voilá i was there again.

I fell asleep very easily like today when i took a nap .. took almost 10 seconds

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

LOL, yes I will try to "trick" myself like I'm not really awake....haha

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes, i had a long dream i continued many nights in a row. It was like a movie i had to finish. So every night before i closed my eyes i thought were i was when i woke up and voilá i was there again.

I fell asleep very easily like today when i took a nap .. took almost 10 seconds

Love dreams like that. I always felt bad for those who can't dream...

I always treat dreaming as living a second life...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It happens to me sometimes. I have even resumed the next night if it is considered the same dream. I generally have the same environment in a majority of my dreams. It's the same city landscape I have used since I was a kid. Granted it has grown as I have added places to it as I got older. I can sometimes break out of my dream state into a lucid dream state but not if it is in my dream city.

Strange dream on my side. Zombies outside my dream city. Was having to find someone close to me while fighting off one or two zombies. Then a dragon head with a super long neck attacked. Not sure if it had a body as I attacked its head and killed it. Then a baby dragon spilled out of the wound. It was harmless small and seemed hungry acting like a baby bird does when the mother tries to feed it. I then found myself eating bread and spit it out into the baby dragons mouth which it happily ate it up. The second time i did it it jumped up out of my hand and bit my lips. I felt the pain like it was real and woke instantly after that. Unfortunately I did not fall back to sleep as it was close to dawn and time to work.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just brain saturation. Same when everything in the media is about aliens when people are already obsessing about aliens. i think determination to find a solution to your feelings coupled with being on sites like this and media fads mean that whatever interests you you can get a bit overloaded sleep is the time when your brain starts organising itself. watch jim hensons labyrinth over the holiday period and avoid walking dead,might take you to a better place :0)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Most annoying thing is when you wake up from your dream thinking it was possibly the greatest dream in your life and a minute later you're scratching your head going 'WHAT THE HELL DID I DREAM ABOUT'. So be glad that you actually remembered it -- twice!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I remembered there were some zombie dream threads on ATS already so i'm just adding this for interest-i have had for 2 nights in a row,dreams of myself,family members+strangers banded together in a building,taking precautions against a 28Days Later type scenario that was happening,luckily in the dream,we were just hiding out,keeping things locked up,consolidating guns+ammo,that type of thing.No actual confrontations,or they would've been nightmares

In last night's dream,towards the tail end,i was out scouting among the ruins of a city,well like Beirut used to look,with other folks,when i became aware that the 28Days menace had mostly passed,idk if they died off or what,but i saw this huge Chinese army on their way to this city,crossing a mountain pass/bridge,i am not too clear on that ,but what fascinated me was how the army was shown to me in the dream-they were dressed and had hairstyles like in those ooooold chinese pics,you know?
wonderfulworldofworldhistoryemrc.wikispaces.com...

The invading army appeared in my dream dressed like the 2nd pic down at the linked site,more or less-so that there could be no misunderstanding that this was a Chinese army.I remember in the dream this caused us as much concern as the 28Days crowd did,which in real life,for me anyway,would not be nearly as scary as the latter-gimme an invading Chinese army any day over 2/3 members of the 28Days Later infected.Also i live in South Africa,we are part of the BRICS nations,so China is our ally,and i like the few Chinese people in our town.I certainly have not one iota of fear or concern associated with the concept of anything remotely Chinese,so i found this odd.Anyway,thought i'd share for interest's sake.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

top topics

join