It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apartments on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Curiosity will soon travel to a nearby location to study a finely-layered rocky outcrop, dubbed Shaler. Curiosity took some images of it earlier: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

But ask Richard C Hoagland, and he'll tell you that on those images you can clearly see the Martian apartments! Which NASA are apparently going to study. www.enterprisemission.com...

He compares the image of the outcrop to an image of a building with its wall collapsed. While there is some similarity in the crumbling material on both pictures, looking at the raw images and the panorama which I assembled ( www.pictureshack.us... ) it is clear to me that the "apartments" in the outcrop are very small, perhaps just a few centimeters tall. Curiosity was about 35 - 40 meters from the outcrop when it took these images. If those are really apartments, the Martians must be very tiny!

So, what do you think? Is Hoagland onto something there? ...

P.S. how do I post images so that they appear in the post?
edit on 6-12-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

To discount this is ridiculous, but I have to say it is more like a louvres such as ventilation shafts of long ago and I mean probably thousands years.Could be buildings that had to have special terraces for ventilation.
The polls (however what size they actually are I don't know. But there are support for those terraces. But being that they could be for ventilation and not standing under they are of course narrow. I don't agree that they are apartments at all. But those vertical bars are true indications of more anomalous things going on mars. And there really are TONS of anomalous things there whether the skeptics want to believe it or not. The image is an impressive one I think!

But if your a debunker - scientist type your not going to buy any of the anomalous pictures until it sneaks up to you and grabs you right by the you know what and shakes you into a stupor and dangles a bio - sprayer right in front of your eyes. But nasa has to fly you up there and let you see for you self. But even then you might have to check and make sure you were not hypnotized by a nasa doctor or given a drug for indused forgetfulness.
edit on 6-12-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

edit on 6-12-2012 by thetiler because: added thought and spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hoagland is as scientific as the front cover of the National Enquirer, he is a joke in the scientific community, yet he claims he is the scientific adviser to Coast to Coast AM, the guy doesn't mean well anymore if he ever did, he only is out there to make a buck on his niche, and his niche is claiming C3P0's head is lying on the surface of Mars.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Originally posted by thetiler
To discount this is ridiculous, but I have to say it is more like a louvres such as ventilation shafts of long ago and I mean probably thousands years.Could be buildings that had to have special terraces for ventilation.
The polls (however what size they actually are I don't know. But there are support for those terraces. But being that they could be for ventilation and not standing under they are of course narrow.

The OP's picture (the one Hoagland is commenting on) is of a picture of layers of sedimentary rock -- something like shale, and similar to the layers of rock in this picture from earth:

www.geologycafe.com...

Although the ones in the OP's image are weathered more from the wind-blown sandstorms of Mars than the ones are in the Earth image I linked.

Those layers of rock in the OP's picture were only a few feet away from the rover when the rover took that picture, so the pieces of layers rock are about 10 or 20 feet long, and maybe a couple of feet high.

edit on 12/6/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes. Nature sometimes plays with symmetry and astonishes us all. But there is still other things that cannot be explained as nature at work.

I am making a collection of images as I browse through original pictures. The inferences I arrive at speculatory not facts though.

Martian Riverbed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join