It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apartments on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Curiosity will soon travel to a nearby location to study a finely-layered rocky outcrop, dubbed Shaler. Curiosity took some images of it earlier: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

But ask Richard C Hoagland, and he'll tell you that on those images you can clearly see the Martian apartments! Which NASA are apparently going to study. www.enterprisemission.com...

He compares the image of the outcrop to an image of a building with its wall collapsed. While there is some similarity in the crumbling material on both pictures, looking at the raw images and the panorama which I assembled ( www.pictureshack.us... ) it is clear to me that the "apartments" in the outcrop are very small, perhaps just a few centimeters tall. Curiosity was about 35 - 40 meters from the outcrop when it took these images. If those are really apartments, the Martians must be very tiny!

So, what do you think? Is Hoagland onto something there? ...

P.S. how do I post images so that they appear in the post?
edit on 6-12-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All I see is someone wasting my time.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh for #ing sakes...I've heard it all now

Ah what the hell why not. It's not like we would ever see the real pictures anyways.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Looks like sedimentary rock formation to me. You know like the ones you see right here on Earth.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They are nothing more than really good pictures of the surface of Mars. There are NO little people on there and there are NO apartments.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Curiosity will soon travel to a nearby location to study a finely-layered rocky outcrop, dubbed Shaler. Curiosity took some images of it earlier: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

But ask Richard C Hoagland, and he'll tell you that on those images you can clearly see the Martian apartments! Which NASA are apparently going to study. www.enterprisemission.com...

He compares the image of the outcrop to an image of a building with its wall collapsed. While there is some similarity in the crumbling material on both pictures, looking at the raw images and the panorama which I assembled ( www.pictureshack.us... ) it is clear to me that the "apartments" in the outcrop are very small, perhaps just a few centimeters tall. Curiosity was about 35 - 40 meters from the outcrop when it took these images. If those are really apartments, the Martians must be very tiny!

So, what do you think? Is Hoagland onto something there? ...

edit on 6-12-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

They are small, if not centimeters, Hoagland has fell out of his tree.

For pictures go to your tools then uploads menus and open it, on the left should be a green uploads button, use that and it will open to your pictures or documents. Upload from there and the picture should appear in the uploads as a thumbnail, open the thumbnail and copy the url given, and paste that into your reply box by clicking on the image button above, it will open and allow you to paste the url of your picture.
edit on 6-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So, what do you think? Is Hoagland onto something there?

He is "onto" self-promotion, unfounded ideas, and money making.

Apartments on Mars?

pffffft

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Whatever drugs Hoagland is taking - I want some too. Maybe then I'll see little green men living in apartments on Mars too.

All I see is rock, and dirt.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If those are really apartments, the Martians must be very tiny!

I'll bet there's a tiny George Jefferson up there as well.

Movin on up! Movin on up! To that deluxe apartment in the sky!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

You mean Jetson ?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I see land and ...ahm rocks.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't know about those apartments. Looks like the south side of the tracks anyway. But that ground sure looks like its had water running over it at some point.
edit on 12/6/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Every picture that Hoagland has ever alarmed about, which I viewed, showed me nothing but a rorschach test (psych one, for Hoagland!)
I well remember years back, when Art Bell was the main coasttocoast guy, and we finally saw "the face on Mars" up close, and Art said, it looked like his cat's litter box.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Go to "Tools", Then "ATS Uploads". Upload your images there, then paste the "use in a post" link for that image.

You may need some trial and error to get the width right, but the ATS posts seem to fit images that are about 570 pixels (or so) across. Wide images still show up on the page, but will require the reader to "click on" the image to see the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Everyone knows there are no Apartments on Mars....They have Condo's.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I don't know about those apartments. Looks like the south side of the tracks anyway. But that ground sure looks like its had water running over it at some point.
edit on 12/6/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

NASA has already said they found signs of an ancient river bed.

PLUS, they already think that all of Gale Crater was once a lake (or something watery). Even before Curiosity was launched, orbital analysis of the soils in Gale Crater showed an abundance of clays, which only form in watery environments.

That's why Gale Crater was chosen as the landing site -- because it was probably once a very wet place. The main target of Curiosity is "Mount Sharp", which is the name given to the mountain in Gale Crater. NASA feels that Mount Sharp was built up by sedimentary layers that were laid down by water. Later, after the water vanished, much of Mount Sharp was eroded away (by winds?), but the visible strata layers have been left behind, and NASA plans are for Curiosity to examine those layers of strata.

EDIT TO ADD:
Curiosity Finds Old Streambed on Mars

edit on 12/6/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I should have been clearer I suppose. My comment was more of an observation, rather than any dis or indictment of NASA. Good post though bro.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Without siding on either side of the argument there is the problem of landing a small lander on a planet sized object especially when aiming from Earth to Mars. Imagine a probe coming the other way. It could get lucky and land in Manhattan and proof of life (of a kind) would be pretty conclusive. But if the lander came down in the middle of a vast desert or salt flat or say somewhere in Iceland which has some amazing volcanic landscapes, then the lander could trundle around for ages and not spot anything remote looking like life, or even miss life because of the time taken to take a photo, or the sample taken was an inch to the left from something that would prove conclusive.

That they've managed to land Curiousity and get images back, and it seems to work is nigh on miraclulous, It's pretty demanding to ask it to land in just the right spot to find life, signs of life, or an alien in a baseball cap waving a Yankees flag grinning and saying "Hi Folks".

Give the people time to explore, let's hope they are honest with us.

My own view is that if they do discover life, current or past on Mars, then it will show if two bodies in the same solar system can support life then the likelihood is that the Universe is teeming with life on every last rock where it might take hold. Whether civilisations develop from that life is another matter altogether.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I should have been clearer I suppose. My comment was more of an observation, rather than any dis or indictment of NASA. Good post though bro.

No Problem

As you indicated, it looks like there may be signs that water was once in that area. Those flat layers of strata may be one good indication. It will be interesting when Curiosity gets into some of those canyons along the sides of Mt. Sharp to further investigate strata (most likely laid down while under water) that are still in place.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by wildespace

I live in those apartments. The commute is painful

Seriously though, I highly doubt they are apartments. Not sure what Hogeland sees
. . .

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join