It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "nothing happens" in the December 21, will you wait to see if something happens on the Dec 22 o

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Suppose that "nothing happens" in the December 21...

Will you wait to see if something happens on the Dec 22 or the 23?

Or will you just say: "oooooooooh, the Mayans were wrong, all this talk about 2012 was just bull#, whatever..."

Do you really think "the game is over" before the day of December 23 ends? Or will you wait to see...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In my opinion, the game is not over until the day of December 23 (Sunday) is over...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

What is the reasoning behind the 23rd being the date?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by GLontra

Well... If you do a Google search about the "End of the Mayan calendar" and go after the internet threads from 9, 8, or 7 years ago, most people used to talk about December 23, 2012.

I really don't know when the majority of people started to talk about December 21 instead of December 23...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
As a last minute Christmas shopper I'm really hoping for the mother of all excuses this year.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't have a chance to get you anything.... with the world ending and all."

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Things happen everyday.. I don't put faith in dates, but I do think there is something to all this 2012 stuff.. The mayans made a calendar, and people need to get over that. People combine all the ideas and forget about it all because if one thing is wrong it's all wrong. guilty by association..

My 2012 started in 2005.. It's getting stronger, but how do I know when will be the peak? I don't.

I'm thinking 2013 is closer to being right for me.

So to answer your question whatever happens on the 21st I will wonder what will happen on the 22nd. I'm always wondering what the future may bring. Unlike most silly people who don't think you can predict anything and then say that nothing will happen, I will actually say I don't know the future...

I'm the actual skeptic. Debunkers are so lost in their own faith, they forgot to have questions to ask.. When you know that nothing will happen you have skipped science. You have skipped life.

I don't know. but I wonder everyday.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'd just note that in my mind..about 98% chance..this is already over and it never got started. Why? Everything I've ever read about this and the theories of what may happen, involve massive transitions or earth changing events or even the end of things. Ascension on a spiritual level is something else...but that isn't what I take the thread here to mean.

So...in any other case? I'd fully expected to see either the source of our doom or changes and physical signs of whatever...being close or near or building by now. Well before now, actually. I don't see references that would indicate things happen like flipping a switch when the clock strikes 12. So...Where's the Beef, as an old lady once asked?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If nothing happens, I'm running out in my underwear and screaming, "IS ANYONE STILL ALIVE!?!"

Because I have to get SOMETHING out of it. Even if it's just a cheap laugh. Or maybe I can record a dozen segments of dramatized news broadcasts going on about a cinematic doomsday, then play them all with it ending in static. Just to freak everyone else out.

I don't know. I wanna have fun with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

reply to post by GLontra

Well... If you do a Google search about the "End of the Mayan calendar" and go after the internet threads from 9, 8, or 7 years ago, most people used to talk about December 23, 2012.

I really don't know when the majority of people started to talk about December 21 instead of December 23...

For example, this video was posted to LiveLeak on May 2007:

www.liveleak.com...

Title of the video: The Mayan Calendar - Sunday, December 23, 2012

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thats not how it works.

The formula calls for the following events to occur:

1. The date was miscalculated or it was an oversight.
2. The date was put out by disinfo agents.
3. The end of the world was diverted do to tupac chupacabra guy who aligned the stars with uranus.
4. 2012+ [2] + [0] + [1] + [2] = 2017
5. The new date will be 2017. You pick a date too close it won't get attention , the same goes for a date that is way in the future. The formula calls for a date that is just far enough but not to close to profit from. 2017 should suffice.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

In assuming that the mayan calendar lines up with the soltice I have some dates to show.

Winter solstices for 2011-2015.. Some are 21 dec. some 22 dec.

2011: 22 December at 5:30am GMT
2012: 21 December at 11:12am GMT
2013: 21 December at 5:11pm GMT
2014: 21 December at 11:03pm GMT
2015: 22 December at 4:48am GMT

"At extreme ends of the four year calendrical cycle the solstice can sometimes get shunted into the early hours of the 22nd, as it does this year. Next year is a leap year, which resets the calendar so that the winter solstice will fall on the 21st again," said Marek Kukula at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London.

Source

So if the mayan calendar is actually lining up with the solstice that should mean the 21st... I'm not sure where they got the 23 from, but if you go as far back as the 70s you will see a date marked in 2011... I guess they were off a year? I don't know... Cause again I care not about dates except my anniversary, coming up.. My world will end on the 11th going by that calendar hahaha.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

reply to post by GLontra

I 100% agree it is the 23rd, always has been, alway's will be . I still don't know how the 21st ever got used ? Not the end of the world by the way , although it may feel like it for many.Expect a lot of suicides from vunrable people.This is mostly the 21st believers .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Oh I can tell ya the date.
2029. Get your mechandise early and stake out the best seats for the show! Lets see.. I'll be about 55...so with odds on that it'll strike water and the Pacific being the biggest target...I'll see about sitting on a beach, having a drink that day somewhere in Southern California I would think. Indeed... A nice way to go, I suppose. The tidal wave will be so large, you won't need to worry about drowning. Impact shock should be about instant, I'd imagine.

Apophis Cometh

Have a nice day on the 22nd. The real fun starts then! (goes back to building new countdown timer)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can't recall where i read it but i think it was Nostradomus who basically said on the 21st people will look up in wonder but on the third day it will turn to horror. No idea what he meant by that unless it is a reference to a pole shift.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Silly wrabbit, don't start something please... Cause...

A·po·phis
[uh-poh-fis] Show IPA
noun, Egyptian Mythology .
a demon serpent of darkness whom Ra, as sun god, destroys every morning at dawn.

Source

Sounds like:

Apotheosis (from Greek ἀποθέωσις from ἀποθεοῦν, apotheoun "to deify"; in Latin deificatio "making divine"; also called divinization and deification) is the glorification of a subject to divine level.

Source

The snake in the bible is also the one who gives knowledge.. The Snake surges up your spine so obviously this is linked to enlightenment. Apophis is the one who gives apotheosis...

SOOO

Enlightenment 2029 is it? We missed the first chance..
I like it... 2029 it is!! Yay. Something to look forward to...
And built right in is 2036 haha..

disclaimer: Post was a joke just so no one gets confused. even if some of it was real.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I can't recall where i read it but i think it was Nostradomus who basically said on the 21st people will look up in wonder but on the third day it will turn to horror. No idea what he meant by that unless it is a reference to a pole shift.

What would you see in a pole shift that makes you look up? That sounds more like my all time favorite end time party. The aliens of course.. The date could make sense and be exact. Like "we have now signed a 2,000 year peace treaty ending on winter solstice of the 2001 year from this date... And so they have to wait until just the day after...

And then you'd look up in wonder at the sky with all the craft... but soon lets say 3 days the attack begins??

Haha. I could come up with so many of these.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When Nostradamus lived Calendar used was Julian, now we use Gregorian so if Nostradamus said at 21st December it would be January 4th in Gregorian Calendar.

Mayans were wrong? no their Calendar start over again, ppl who think doomsday happens when Mayan Calendar ends are wrong..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
On the online timewave calculator, the old version, you can choose to have it plot an end date of 12/21 or an end date of 12/23

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure about what might happen on the 23rd, but I'm planning on having a super special day on the 21st...I just don't know what I should do. Interestingly enough I'm guided to spend the day alone by myself, reflecting on the world...most likely be somewhere out in the nature.

Just some places I would rather be on that day...enjoy..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Well, since the question of doom dates and all comes up, I just figured I'd be the ray of sunshine for the fact more come! Heck, its ATS right? A % of the forums would almost dry up if there wasn't "a date" of some kind to speculate, ponder and fret over, right? The only reason we don't hear about that little rock, I've figured, is the die hards don't expect to see 3 more weeks. (I'm only 98% sure nothing happens, myself. There is still that 2% that will smugly say 'Told ya so' if the day starts with explosions across the sky and trumpets sounding or something)

When they do.... Errrr... Yeah... "Honey, how do we justify this $250,000 Maya doom shelter and mini warehouse of food?" I can hear that in prepper homes across the county. Can you imagine? Some folks really did ....just for this.... spend obscene resources and money to prepare for, and yes indeed. Where are the signs of doom? Err... awkward for some, eh? lol....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join