It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of The Citadel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ran across this: iiicitadel.com...

What do you think? Are they on to something? Is it a good idea? Do you think the government will feel threatened and try to subvert their effort?

I think they are on to something. And the agreement is no different than any other neighborhood association agreement (except it free's you rather than restricts you).

Imagine... living somewhere that liberty is practised like it was 200+ years ago... And imagine living there as the rest of the country goes down the toilet.

I like thier agreement. Trading in precious metals is encouraged, as is barter. The homes are made of concrete. The more I think about it, the better I like it.
edit on 6-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Dude that link is bringing up my anti virus stuff and it will not let me view it.

Reason it says is phishing URL whatever that means. I use kaspersky btw.
edit on 6-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

someone already built that to almost the same specks....different mission statement.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Okay, they look interesting. Does anyone know anything about them on a personal level? It looks like the kind of thing that could be really positive or exceptionally bad for ideas. Depends on how it's all handled I guess....

One thing I've wondered though as I've been invited to things like this in the past. I've never accepted...and the reason is what I'd ask them here. If TSHTF in real world way that isn't theoretical anymore, what good will it have done to openly advertise the existence of the place? I'm sure I'd not be alone on marking this location, mentally if nothing else. I'd be doing it for positive reasons of a point to contact at some future date, if it came to that. However, many others wouldn't have such good thoughts....

So...Again, if it all falls apart to where this walled city is relevant......what are they planning to do about the Gomer who looted an army base to build up a little fiefdom and decides he wants to add this to it? Castles of old had a MAJOR weakness and it was the doom of the ones that fell. (and almost all fell eventually). Bombardment is something almost impossible to sustain for any length of time....and artillery in the modern form? Ugh... Just one of those little details I've always been bothered by on these plans.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

"someone" is compiling a list of those who might be into self preservation. welcome.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by davjan4

the Gomer who looted an army base to build up a little fiefdom....

movie plot...call Stallone to produce it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

There are already communities established based on this premise. Some much more restrictive and others more loose associations based on cooperation. This one fosters a lot of questions about community decisions, government, finances, infrastructure, ownership, etc. Who are the backers, what are the liabilities, on and on.
Building a walled city with only one way out sounds like a disaster looking for a place to happen.

I think there will be a lot of interest in forming like minded communities for mutual security and survival in the days ahead. I think it is imperative that people don't trade one set of problems for another. Looking for freedom in a walled city seems a little counter intuitive.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You know how this goes dont ya? How many 'religious sects' have been on TV in the past 10 years? Thats right.. You will most likely be defined as something that you are not... and you will most likely be called a child sex slave owner. Then your compound will be raided, and your town dispersed.

It happens today.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sounds like a cult.

I'd steer clear of people and groups like this, especially if you like being able to fly on a plane.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a place like that makes it easier for the govt to round em up unfortunately

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by davjan4

the Gomer who looted an army base to build up a little fiefdom....

movie plot...call Stallone to produce it.

Actually... Africa... Call up some headlines to see it. Nations do very ugly things in total economic collapse.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find it funny how it goes on about living by the constitution and freedom and liberty and then bans liberals. Yeah that sounds like a the kind of place that liberty means free as long as you agree with me.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
reply to post by davjan4

someone already built that to almost the same specks....different mission statement.

Thats the Citadel in Charleston,SC.
It's a military school.
I know alot about that place,but I never went to school there.
My wife took night classes there and I have been inside a few times.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I don't know about that site,I mean,they ask for online users names to sign up?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Still bringing up a phishing warning when I click on it. BEWARE.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The idea of it seems kinda cool on the surface....but something about it seems weird to me. Maybe because I don't like being walled in anywhere. Maybe because I have a funny feeling that something like this could easily turn into a nightmare, with a bunch of power-hungry fools letting it all go to their heads.

Anytime people get their hands on a good idea, it's only a matter of time before they get greedy, stupid, and judgmental.

Plus, wanting your information (name, address, email address) raises a red flag with me. I can't help but think that this is nothing more than a data-mining site, and everybody who gives their information will be on some gubmint list of "terrorists", instead of "patriots". It's sad that we cannot take these things at face value anymore, but I don't trust anything that pops up on the net like this and wants my personal info.

I'll stay in my little country house in the middle of nowhere and take my chances with the network of farmers and ranchers out here.

Truth be told, that place looks like a prison... (Joliet, Illinois comes to mind).

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Ever watch the Walking Dead on TV?
A prison seems to be the best place to defend yourself and others during a zombie apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

LOL, no, I've never watched it.

I think that zombies will be the least of our worries.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is what I think: and it is depressing, so be prepared for that.

Any group, knowing what it is any sentience desires, can respond with what we are confronted with daily, with this.
Weapons. They can insure your autonomy. But if someone has a better weapon, then their rule perseveres. It has become, today, just this simple.

All the intellectualization and nice thoughts between, are just to convince, hypnotically or otherwise, actively, I mean.

In other words, we live in times where the rescure may, in fact, be the solution provided for those who created the prison.....freedom, as it were, is just a different prison, presented by the same jailors.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
On this forum I often see the mantel of "what if you knew, and how would you reveal so as to inform and save the most....as we all, every thing wants to be free.....

Once the enemy encompasses all and everything, then the common enemy can be named for the masses to prevail against. And still, no one wins anything. and it becomes quite obvious that there really is no autonomy.
Even think about that words. Autonomy, automatic, automaton.....all implying artificial beings and then minds.....

Fate. Prescribed. A fait accompli, long ago.

I just love French, though, even if I don't love the result.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join