It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend wants to micro-chip her kid!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The knee-jerk reactions in this thread sort of amuse me. Let's be serious here: Any information CAN BE USED IN A TERRIBLE WAY.

If someone wanted to snatch YOUR kid, they could just as easily plant a tracker of some sort on their backpack or stalk them to learn when they can be snatched. If someone with ill intentions is going to target your kid (to the extent of gaining access via GPS), it probably won't help save the child from their determination. If a random pedophile is going to snatch a kid just to get his/her rocks off... I would venture to guess that they aren't going to take the time to thoughtfully access the GPS network. If they do, I suspect it would leave SOME kind of digital trail.

Some people just want to do the best they can to protect the ones they love. You may think they're a raging idiot who is foaming at the mouth with insecure lunacy, but in your haste to label/ridicule/condemn them... (in some cases *actively* seeking a REASON for them to be "wrong")... there seems to be some very bad logic. A lot of keyboard cowboys, all ready to get the lynch mob rustled up.

Again, any tool/information can be used inappropriately in the wrong hands. The best intentions lead to some horrible things, but so can judging everything without legitimately considering what could be gained.

Just because someone may see the picture a little differently doesn't mean you have to gouge out their eyes.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollowguardian

Wow, did we read the same page? Your post is pretty hostile. I'm going to have to give it a reread and see what eye gouging you are talking about.

Not clear where you stand on the issue either...

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Your friend sounds like the kind of paranoid mother that has a very sheltered kid with a weak immune system because she disinfects everything, and makes the kid wear a helmet when it's out in the front yard.
No offence.

Kinda makes me angry, actually.

This is the only post that I think you could be referring to? YEA Adam, I totally agree.
Everyone else was showing disgust for the pedophiles and the View....
edit on 6-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think the idea of implanting chips in children is crazy.
How many times have things that were supposed to be temporary became the rule of law.
How long before so many people would do this to their kids that a law would come up making illegal to be removed.

They know most adults wouldn't allow themselves to be tagged like an animal so they start with the kids.
Using fear to create control is all its about I believe.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would be terrified to implant a foreign object into my child's body, but speaking as a mother, I can understand considering it. Many of us are desperate right now. Our primary job is to keep our children safe and it seems there is no way to do that. I think of this bible verse often. "And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!" Matthew 24:19.

We're terrified and desperate. Everything seems worth considering.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Your statement in way confirms my last line.

Those in power use that fear knowing a parent will consider anything to protect them.

There are always better ways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join