Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My friend wants to micro-chip her kid!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So, I open facebook and here is the first post I see, from a RL friend...

'I hate the news. Seriously considering having my daughter micro-chipped. Is that possible?'

WOW I don't even know what to say to this? It sounds like a bad idea to me. I guess she saw a news report about a kidnapping or something. She is obviously over protective. Her kid barely even comes outside

Apparently Whoppie Goldberg thinks it's a good idea:

Whoopi Goldberg suggested that in light of the horrible things that can happen, we should consider implanting microchips into children at birth, much like we do for our pets

The Ladies Of The View Think We Should Microchip Our Children — Like Pets

What cha think?
edit on 6-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If she does report her. But I bet it was just a joke.
I pity the kid having a parent so protective, kids need freedom as much as adults and yes they may cock up every now and then but they will learn from it and hopefully be better people in the long run.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why is it a bad idea do you think??? The only purpose it serves is to locate your child, if they go missing not like they're keeping tabs on them 24/7..... A small implant under the skin that can be removed at any time, I don't see what the big fuss is about...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just send your friend a link to this thread I'm sure we can make hem think twice about future. Implanting.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

All very well and good if you are SURE the only person who can use the child GPS, but what if others can see where your child is? you know bad people.
Also trust between a parent and child is a massive thing and if you chip your kids they will have no respect for you in the long run.
If you chip children it will happen to us adults...do you want TPTB to know where you are all the time?
edit on 6-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I pity the kid having a parent so protective, kids need freedom as much as adults and yes they may cock up every now and then but they will learn from it and hopefully be better people in the long run.

Report her?

I asked her...'you serious?' she hasn't replied yet, but She is a SUPER over protective, so she might be serious!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Show your friend this article.......

Chip implants linked to animal tumors

There are many more articles out there......

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Why is it a bad idea do you think??? The only purpose it serves is to locate your child, if they go missing not like they're keeping tabs on them 24/7..... A small implant under the skin that can be removed at any time, I don't see what the big fuss is about...

Yes it sounds hunky dorie, but I had a feeling ats people would find issues with it. It sounds creepy to me, and I wouldn't want one in me...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Heck I just looked for a while on the net on the subject and as long as the child agrees you can do it.
I weep for the future.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

.do you want TPTB to know where you are all the time?

No boymonkey, no I don't. I knew some people would find it harmless and helpful...I don't know...I'm going to check out the article up there about tumors

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, the ladies of the View are complete morons. JMHO.

I guess, I can see just one reason people might think this is ok.
I would not be able to do it, myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Well, the ladies of the View are complete morons. JMHO.

I guess, I can see just one reason people might think this is ok.
I would not be able to do it, myself.

HAHA I agree, they are.

Scary to hear they are pushing this idea, a lot of people buy their crap.
edit on 6-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Report her?

I asked her...'you serious?' she hasn't replied yet, but She is a SUPER over protective, so she might be serious!!

Naw. She said she is seriously sick and scared about whatever happened yesterday, ( I need to watch the news i guess) but would not actually chip my little buddy!!

poor kid, she drives her nuts with the hovering

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
don't these microchips have to be scanned to be useful.

they won't help you find your kid, they'll just help identify the corpse if its ever found.

and third, if ones that send out an active gps signal, couldn't that signal be hacked giving a potential piece of #$%@ scum sucking mother #$@%ing death to all of them sick garbage animal an exact location to stalk.

the only solution is to convict these people and hang them in public squares and then their body parts fed to dogs in view of everyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Your friend sounds like the kind of paranoid mother that has a very sheltered kid with a weak immune system because she disinfects everything, and makes the kid wear a helmet when it's out in the front yard.
No offence.

Kinda makes me angry, actually.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I would never even micro chip my dog, much less a kid!

Man..... we all just THOUGHT we were paranoid!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't see the harm in it as long as it is removed by the age of 13.

After that it becomes creepy IMO. Up until then, more power to you.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

the only solution is to convict these people and hang them in public squares and then their body parts fed to dogs in view of everyone.
reply to post by randomname

You mean the pervs right?

You serious? Might be a good idea. Might help....

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. RFID chips only activate in the presence of the scanner. How in the heck is this supposed to help keep her kid safe? ID'ing the body is the only use for it, as you said.

As for those opinionated "ladies" on the View, who cares what they say? If I had a lobotomy, I could maybe watch them and take them seriously. Because I have a working brain, I don't.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Posters and milk cartons seem to be a much better way of detecting your childs whereabouts if they ever go missing..........................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join