London mega mosque refused planning permission

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wasn't sure whether to put this here, religion, or social unrest, feel free to move it if you see fit mods.

Hi guys
Seems the council in west ham london have seen sense and refused planning permision for a 'mega mosque' which would hold about 10,000 worshipers, it would have been 3 times the size of St Paul's cathedral. They cite parking and traffic issues amongst other things. I just don't fancy 10,000 p*ssed off muslims after someone dared to draw a cartoon of Mohamed, or some other minor offence to muslims (there do seem to be a lot) rampaging around London citing sharia law etc. For 4% of the population of Britain they don't half make a lot of noise. Just wandering how many ATS's would want this mosque built near them ? Especially as the group funding it have proven terrorist links.You can read the article HERE
edit on 6-12-2012 by cody599 because: Crap typing again
edit on 6-12-2012 by cody599 because: Missed out important part.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I live near a mosque and I like waking up to the call to prayer, the dude who does it has a lovely voice.
At least it is better than a church with bells, been there and it was not very nice to hear bells every 15 mins.
Heck I have been to it a few times to take an ex patient of mine to pray. They were very nice to me and answered alot of questions about their faith.
Oh and you need to go out and meet some Muslims they are not all fundies and they love their children as much as we do.
edit on 6-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Wasn't sure whether to put this here, religion, or social unrest, feel free to move it if you see fit mods.

Hi guys
Seems the council in west ham london have seen sense and refused planning permision for a 'mega mosque' which would hold about 10,000 worshipers, it would have been 3 times the size of St Paul's cathedral. They cite parking and traffic issues amongst other things. I just don't fancy 10,000 p*ssed off muslims after someone dared to draw a cartoon of Mohamed, or some other minor offence to muslims (there do seem to be a lot) rampaging around London citing sharia law etc. For 4% of the population of Britain they don't half make a lot of noise. Just wandering how many ATS's would want this mosque built near them ? You can read the article HERE
edit on 6-12-2012 by cody599 because: Crap typing again

!0,000 raging muslims.. rampaging around London citing Sharia law.. ?? A bit of an exaggeration mate.. Even if it did. would only be a handful of people. Its this sort of belief an attitude that.. Actually whats the point..

On the subject of the Mosque.. I can fully see the reasons for rejecting the proposal, they are valid although im sure there are a few more reasons that were taken into consideration but not brought to light to prevent upsetting a certain faction of the Muslim people.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I live near (I think) Europe's biggest mosque in Morden, Not to close to it though a bus rid away and i have never seen any crazy pissed off Muslims

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't doubt it, my wife taught at a muslim school (the girls). It isn't anti muslim per say but the group that wanted to fund it have proven terrorist links. Just think it's a bad idea. By the way I next to luton so plenty of muslim friends.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

It was just an example of what could happen as I just replied the group that want to fund it have proven terrorist links.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

THat's because, much like Fred Phelps in the US, extremist Muslims aren't welcome among moderate Muslim populations.

They feel the same way we too about terrorism and extremist Islam. Their problem is that they refuse to stand up and speak their minds. That and the media refuses to show you that the vast majority of Muslims are just as moderate and normal as you or me.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Good for you England, personal I am against everything that is written in the Koran so no, I dont think they should spread this dreadful religion anymore, same goes with all other religions. BUT alot NOT all of those followng the Koran takes the religious spasms to a whole new level of craziness. I should know, I been living in the land of the infidel since one of our local newspapers posted a silly picture of Muhammed, talk about overreacting

AND before anyone call me a racist I am NOT
I am against religion not the person behind it that been forced into it from childbirth.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by definity

THat's because, much like Fred Phelps in the US, extremist Muslims aren't welcome among moderate Muslim populations.

They feel the same way we too about terrorism and extremist Islam. Their problem is that they refuse to stand up and speak their minds. That and the media refuses to show you that the vast majority of Muslims are just as moderate and normal as you or me.

~Tenth

As with any population the radicals give the majority a bad press.
They cite religion when it's all about power if we actually followed the teachings I'm pretty sure we'd have peace, go to the most religous areas and they tend to be the least tolerant especially the christians. The more pious they are the less forgiving they seem to be. Except maybe the Amish.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Well said.
You do realise we both just made the hit list

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Spacespider

Well said.
You do realise we both just made the hit list

Actually I been evacuated from my work two times from bomb threats, thankfully it was only empty threats
Been working in same building as Kurt Westergaard few years back, he was the one that made those cartoons of muhammed with a bomb in a hat..

new topics
top topics

join