It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher-Than-Normal Flu Reports in some states

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There have been a couple of threads here at ATS about an earlier than normal flu season and it seems they were right. According to this news story five southern states are reporting higher than normal flu and earlier than usual as well.

NEW YORK — Flu season is off to its earliest start in nearly 10 years — and it could be a bad one. Health officials on Monday said suspected flu cases have jumped in five southern states -- including Alabama -- and the primary strain circulating is one that tends to make people sicker, especially the elderly. "It looks like it's shaping up to be a bad flu season, but only time will tell," said Dr. Thomas Frieden, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The story says that it usually doesn't uptick like this until after Chistmas, but it says that more than 1/3 of Americans are vaccinated. Two children have died already this year from this flu.

Full Story

Here's a report on the flu as of late November on a worldwide scale from FluNet

FluNet

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'll remember to load my gun and lock the kids inside!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am still pondering weather I should get a flu shot or not.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I get the flu once a year, I have it right now and then Im fine for the rest of the season. Id rather build up immunity to it this way than take the flu shots that CVS and Walgreens keep pressuring people to take.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

My girlfriend just got a flu shot, but they actually give her the flu every time... Seems dumb to me.. She's been sick the last 3 weeks, and much robotussin taken...

And while she works with kids bringing home all kinds of yucky stuff, I never get sick... I actually did get the flu once, but I cannot even remember what that feels like. It was about 20 years ago.

I don't get shots.. Yuck.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I am still pondering weather I should get a flu shot or not.

We took my Mom to the emergency room last night as her blood count was too low and she needed a transfusion and she ended up in the same room as a woman who had the flu. The woman asked the doctor how that could be as she got the flu shot.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You can't get the Flu from the Flu jab. That's not how it works. It can however make you feel crappy for a few days. I have to get the Flu jab every year because my wife is immune compromised and the worst thing that's happened to me is a sore arm.

Rev

edit on 6/12/2012 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
10,000 IU of vitamin D3 per day will boost immune function.

Onion and garlic kills bacteria and viruses also.

link   

That can't be right. They just had a doctor on one of the morning news shows that said "People claiming to get the flu from the flu shot is complete and utter rubbish"

Unfortunately, many family members and friends have had this same "rubbish" problem.

Needless to say, I've never had one, never will.

link   
Me and my oldest daughter (6) just got it Sunday night..We were miserable Sunday night through Tuesday..I still have no appetite and feel queasy around food..it was horrible..I hadn't had the flu like that since I was little! I felt so bad for my little girl though..

The school here has had A LOT of absent T's though from flu and upper respiratory stuff..the flu we had was puking and diarrhea..not upper respiratory. Every one here has upper respiratory all winter long. Every year it's a hack fest whenever we go in public..the air must be very bad here for most people...
edit on 6-12-2012 by Neopan100 because: error

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

my dad quit getting them (he's 66) he said they made him sick for at least a week after getting them..he took them every year for about 5-6 years and then these past few years he said to heck with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Vaccines are toxic and poison your body that is why you will still get sick - even though you have had the shot. Just because a person on the television says that the talk about the flu vaccine not working is all crap - does not have to be believed. If the same person came on the television and told you the moon was made of cheese - would you believe him?

People - listen to your body and stay well with good food and rest and vitamins. Vaccines have not been tested and Children are dying as a result of the vaccine and not the illnesses they are supposed to be preventing.

Do what you want people but not just because a person you don't even know says so - use your own intellect and make your own decisions - whatever that decision may be.

I don't get flu shots and I don't get the flu. Figure it out!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

You can't get the Flu from the Flu jab. That's not how it works. It can however make you feel crappy for a few days. I have to get the Flu jab every year because my wife is immune compromised and the worst thing that's happened to me is a sore arm.

Rev

edit on 6/12/2012 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

I have to disagree here. Humans build up immunity by exposure. I work within two miles of the Sanofi plant that makes the Vaccine (Swiftwater, PA) and many of my co-workers have family that work there. Flu vaccine is a weakened form of whatever strain they engineer for, but it is an active virus.
Hence, if your immune sytem is weak or comprimised you may very well come down with the flu as a result.

I don't get the shots beacuse of that fact. I grew up eatin' dirt and bugs and such in the sixties and I've only ever gotten the flu once...after getting a vaccine shot.

Don't be fooled kiddies - infect more to sell more...Tamiflu, advil, etc...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PaTommyJ

If common sense is failing you then please feel free to Google it. When you have a wife that's as sick as mine, knowing things like "the flu jab doesn't give you flu" helps keep her alive and healthy.

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to you're own opinion, but this urban myth really needs to be put to rest once and for all. Deny Ignorance and all that...

Rev

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This year the fear mongering of the flu season to be "worst than expected" is in full gear this what I have seen so far.

More than unusual nasty cold going on I have not gotten a common cold in 3 years, and my last Full blown flu with bedridden and Bronchitis after was in 1998.

Now I went to my doctor last Thursday for a follow check, most of half of the people in the room were coughing and sneezing, even the nurses working behind the counter were sick I have a good friend that works in the facility and she was sick also, I asked what was going on and she said that it was a nasty cold going on and people were afraid it was the flu so they were running to see the doctors

Well I figure my turn after been in the room with so many sick people and lo and behold, I am now fighting the nasty cold myself.

I guess because my immune system is nice and strong is been so far, sore feeling and chills for only one day, swollen glands, headaches and stuffy, but getting better today after 5 days.

No need for doctors visit on this one and I can tell the different between a cold and a the flu

Take care people and be aware is a nasty cold going on and feel to some like is the flu
edit on 6-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by PaTommyJ

If common sense is failing you then please feel free to Google it. When you have a wife that's as sick as mine, knowing things like "the flu jab doesn't give you flu" helps keep her alive and healthy.

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to you're own opinion, but this urban myth really needs to be put to rest once and for all. Deny Ignorance and all that...

Revo

Yea, well whether youre right or not, lets look at the original source for that information. It comes from the Pharmaceutical companies and doctors, both of which profit from selling flu shots.
They do claim the the flu shot is made up of a dead flu virus and the nasal mist vaccination has the live flue virus.

edit on 12/6/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

And marge may be right about the colds. That could possibly be what I have. Ive had it for only 4 days and I feel better today than I did yesterday and I never felt "deathly" ill, just enough to make me bitchy.
Ill probably be over it by tomorrow.
edit on 12/6/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Never had the flu. Never had a flu shot.

I wonder if the rise in flu cases are because the freaking country is shoving flu shots down everyone's throats. When I see advertisements for something health related every two feet, I stay far, far away. It's like "they" are dying to shove a needle in everyone suddenly. Disgusting.

We all should know by now that when that happens, a few years down the line a new study comes out that says whatever it was is now terrible for you.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hi guys

I've no idea if this is true but it might help
Amazed me link (if it's true)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I haven't had the flu shot nor my family because I hear the same thing, you can still get the flu. Also, I've heard that once you take it you have to keep taking the damn shot every year or you'll get it no matter what. Either way, the flu shot seems like big business to me because we have these flu outbreaks regardless year after year.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I'm afraid you're mistaken in my intention here friend. I'm only passing along what I've been told by people whom I trust have no agenda. I agree with yours and others statements regarding who is making and pushing it and why. My post was imply an effort to pass along what I've learned and experienced mysel. Nothing more. No name calling, no accusations, no derision. Passing along information for review and comment, nothing more. Thanks for yours.

And I understand completely your need to get it because of your wife's condition. BTW I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and truly wish nothing but the best and a speedy recovery. My sister recovered from one of the nastiest strains of breast cancer so believe me when I say that I understand you predicament. Watched the effect of chemo and radiation, and I'm very familiar with your situation. you have my sypathies and utmost respect.

ETA: I stated one may end up with the flu, most certainly did not state with conviction that it would.
edit on 6-12-2012 by PaTommyJ because: see above

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join