It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party signed a legal agreement with the Democrat Party in 1982 not to pursue suspected vo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

You wonder why McCain and Romney seem so nonchalant?

The Republican Party made an agreement 30 years ago with the Democrat Party NOT to ensure voting integrity and NOT to pursue suspected vote fraud.

blogs.sacbee.com...

Since 1982, that Consent Decree has been renewed every year by the original judge, Carter appointee District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise, now 88 years old. Long retired, Debevoise comes back yearly for the sole purpose of renewing his 1982 order for another year.

Democratic National Committee v Republican National Committee
judicialview.com...

Surprise! The judge who denied the RNC’s appeal to “vacate” the 1982 Consent Decree is an Obama appointee, Judge Joseph Greenaway, Jr., of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.

Election Conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Election Conspiracy?

www.newyorkdailysun.com...

The government of the United States is hopelessly corrupt.

Written by Lawrence Sellin

Americans are no longer citizens of a republic, but subjects of a reigning oligarchy composed of self-serving politicians, who are subservient to international financiers and enabled by a dishonest and partisan press.

The oligarchy operates the government as a “kleptocracy,” which exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population with no longer any pretense of honest public service. It is a government of thieves, where politicians and bureaucrats exploit their posts for personal gain with ever-increasing budget deficits. Through legislation and executive orders, the oligarchy then shifts the burden for debt repayment onto ordinary working people and absolves itself of any responsibility for creating the liability in the first place.

The outcome of the 2012 Presidential election was determined by massive voter fraud. This was done in two ways (1) illegal voters and (2) erasing votes.

Here are only a few of the hundreds of nationwide claims of voter fraud.

Barack Obama won St. Lucie County, Florida, which had 141.1% voter turnout. That is, out of 175,554 registered voters, 247,713 votes were cast.

It was estimated that more than 20% of registered Ohio voters weren’t eligible. According to authorities, in two counties, the number of registered voters actually exceeded the voting-age population. The report said, in 31 other counties, registrations were above 90 percent of the population, “a rate regarded as unrealistic by most voting experts.”

In pivotal Wood County, Ohio, which Obama won, 106,258 people were registered to vote out of an eligible 98,213.

In 21 of the 1,022 precincts in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, the statistically impossible happened. Barack Obama beat Mitt Romney by 5,978 to zero. Even third party and write-in candidates got more votes than Romney. In 202 precincts Obama tallied 95% of the vote and in 20 precincts he received over 99%. Furthermore, the average number of voters per precinct decreased by more than half as you move from precincts where Obama won less than 50% of the vote (714) to those where he won 95% (356). In precincts where Romney received zero votes, the average number of voters was 288. These data suggest that Romney votes were being systematically erased.

The same type of voting pattern was reported in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where in 59 precincts Mitt Romney got zero votes. It is also a statistical improbability that out of 19,605 votes, not even one vote was cast in error for Romney.

Obama also received 99% of the vote in some precincts in Broward County, Florida.

In addition, thousands of votes from members of the military, who were believed to be mostly Romney supporters, went uncounted or missing.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

When Stratfor was hacked, I remembered reading a story about how poll workers in Philly were caught stuffing ballot boxes (the same districts where Obama won 100% of the vote in 2012) and how McCain decided not to pursue it.

articles.businessinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No wonder the Republicans here in FL seem to have no problems fessing up to trying to influence the voter turnout and stifle minority voters who they figured were most likely going to vote for Obama. I mean even the Governor Rick Scott is blatantly admitting attempts to disenfranchise and prevent minorities voting.

What everyone didn't figure on is that the minorities, especially blacks since Obamas election is a history making event, but gays, women, environmentalists, immigrants and those against the war.... were not going to give up. And they stayed in line and found a way around all the impediments put in place to thwart them. The rich don't have that fortitude or willingness to suffer. If they can't buy it - which they indeed tried to do - they figure they don't need it. BIG FAIL.

edit on 6-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

youtu.be...

On August 1, 1946, Election Day, Sheriff Mansfield brought in 200 “deputies” to detain and beat up the veterans, who were acting as poll-watchers to ensure a fair and legal vote. In addition, they took the ballot boxes to the jailhouse to count the votes privately. Taking the ballot boxes constituted a violation of Tennessee law, as ballots must be counted in full view of the voting public.

After one poll-watcher was shot by a “deputy,” while trying to stop confiscation of the ballot boxes, enraged veterans armed themselves and sought to obtain the ballot boxes to prevent voter fraud and stop government tyranny.

A firefight at the jailhouse ensued and the veteran blew up the jailhouse door with dynamite to get the ballot boxes.

In a fair count, the veteran electoral candidates were victorious over the deeply entrenched and corrupt political machine

You may not be concerned now because your guy won, you may even be happy they cheated, but one day this more than likely will affect all of us in such a negative way, or our children's children,

In the United States today, there are no fair elections, there is no rule of law, there is no means to petition elected officials or courts for the redress of grievances and there is no free press to challenge governmental abuse.

I believe this, I believe there are no fair elections.
Who owns us?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

In other words ... when you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul's vote come election time.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

When Stratfor was hacked, I remembered reading a story about how poll workers in Philly were caught stuffing ballot boxes (the same districts where Obama won 100% of the vote in 2012) and how McCain decided not to pursue it.

articles.businessinsider.com...

Yup now we know why.
or they are all on the same team.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this.... I saw all this come a few days after the election on the site I mod at and did all the fact checking to insure it was legit to stay there. It is...near as I can tell. Basically, Republicans are prohibited from challenging election results in many conditions under this agreement. It's absurd...insane really. Basically, it's a license to cheat for the other side...and they can't, legally, be called on it. The worse it is, the more this actually applies to prevent challenge, as I've read it.

Crazy Crazy times....... ID laws are challenged to death because 1 theoretical voter..somewhere...may have trouble getting said ID. Perhaps that's valid and perhaps it's not....but things like this don't even warrant serious comment by the vast majority out there, it seems.

I gotta say, the double standards in giant neon lettering are alive and well.....and codified into legally binding agreements by the court system. It's a hell of a way to run a nation, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I constantly fight the idea that our political system is fixed. I try and try to believe in the system. I want to believe that my vote counts, that I have a real voice that matters.

I starred and flagged, but I am deeply disappointed.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I constantly fight the idea that our political system is fixed. I try and try to believe in the system. I want to believe that my vote counts, that I have a real voice that matters.

I starred and flagged, but I am deeply disappointed.

You have to wonder if they actually do meet in a back room somewhere and decide who they allow to get elected.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I was born in Pennsylvania but actually live in Athens, TN now where this happened. My grandfather was part of this battle to clean up the town when he came back from WWII. I knew several of the people involved. These people are no nonsense down to earth common sense people. The jail that they blew up is still here but no longer used. The corrupt politicians escaped by jumping onto a train passing by and jumped off in Cleveland TN. where they basically took it over. It all started when a black man tried to vote and was beaten. He went back again to vote and was shot in the back. These were Democrats that were stuffing the ballots and beating blacks who tried to vote. The tradition continues.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There are warnnigs from the best of our politicians that go back for decades......
Few have heeded or understood the words which were spoken then or since.....
The corruption is rampant, and the rule of law is long dead in America, or for that matter most of the free worl;d......
We simply have to have a clean sweep or the agenda is for totalitarian control....
Our choice is to stand and fight or live forever on our knees......
Which side are YOU on..............?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

thanks wrabbit I was wondering about the legitimacy of this story or if it had been misconstrued.

It seemed legit to me but you never know.
www.wnd.com...

The judge, Dickinson Debevoise, appointed by Jimmy Carter, later retired but decided he would continue to control the case. The decision requires the RNC – but not the DNC – to “refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision to conduct, or the actual conduct of, such activities there and where a purpose or significant effect of such activities is to deter qualified voters from voting; and the conduct of such activities disproportionately in or directed toward districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic populations shall be considered relevant evidence of the existence of such a factor and purpose.”

The rest of the agreement essentially requires the RNC to follow applicable state and federal election laws.

But the section cited above has been used for decades to warn off Republicans from any challenge to evidence of voter fraud in districts with “racial or ethnic populations.”

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

I was born in Pennsylvania but actually live in Athens, TN now where this happened. My grandfather was part of this battle to clean up the town when he came back from WWII. I knew several of the people involved. These people are no nonsense down to earth common sense people. The jail that they blew up is still here but no longer used. The corrupt politicians escaped by jumping onto a train passing by and jumped off in Cleveland TN. where they basically took it over. It all started when a black man tried to vote and was beaten. He went back again to vote and was shot in the back. These were Democrats that were stuffing the ballots and beating blacks who tried to vote. The tradition continues.

OH my gosh thanks for the inside information, I had never heard of it before.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel you. I live in Chicago and like everyone else, I have hear all the stories. Its tough waking up and following the rules when you suspect those who made them are little more than self appointed dictators.
edit on 6-12-2012 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks OP for bringing this to our attention. I was not aware of it. I live in Florida and have seen so much corruption over the years here when it comes to election time. I often and angrily wondered why nothing was ever done about. How could something be so obvious and yet no legal action is ever taken?

This explains the attacks on Ron Paul that were so brazen, tptb knew there would be no action against them for shafting him as they did. Our government has become all things corrupt and it's being carried on the shoulders of the American people against our will. So much of the world see us in a negative light and it's not even the people at the helm of this country, it's crooked greedy politicians and corporations. If there is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not seeing it yet, nor do I believe I will in my lifetime and that is pathetic for a country that was at one time great.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyholes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, 2many,

We are all losing, there are no winners, no checks and balances.

Leaving us open to the most corrupt.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There is a book about it. The Battle of Athens. It goes into much more detail and Eleanor Roosevelt got involved and praised the people who rose up. Saying: Let this be a warning to those who might try to corrupt the poliical process.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm of the mindset that believes the parties are two sides of the same coin and am usually on the side of any post that trashes the government; however, . . .

I don't see that the ruling actually states what your sources claim. Have you read the actual ruling for yourself? What language in the ruling supports the claim in the OP?

From what I can tell, the decree simply states that the RNC agrees to follow state laws, in regards to voting eligiblity, and agrees to not harass, interrogate, or post officers or signage that might intimidate. Since it appears they were targeting minority polls in NJ, the order states that if they do put up signage or have officers at polls that they have to be posted uniformally and not target "minority" districts. The RNC objected to some of the language that was added/amended by the court and their appeal was denied. I don't see anything that says they can't challenge voter fraud. They simply have to use the courts to do it and can't act like . . . well, the new black panthers, for instance. (funny how it's not intimidation when the person holding the weapon is on the other side.) You'll also notice how both parties get around this decree today . . . the black panthers are "not" affiliated with the DNC, so the DNC isn't violating the terms (and the repubs have their groups they are "not" affiliated with as well!)

Now, I do believe our voting system in rigged/corrupt and believe both sides are working for the same master . . . and it isn't the people. I just don't see that there is anything to this document/ruling.
Judicial Review

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The decree does not stop the GOP from investigating voter fraud.

In 1982 the DSC alleged the RNC was targeting minority voters, attempting to intimidate them in breach of the 1965 voting rights Act.

To settle the lawsuit, the RNC and RSC entered into the Consent Decree at issue here. The RNC and RSC agreed that they would:

[I]n the future, in all states and territories of the United States:

(a) comply with all applicable state and federal laws protecting the rights of duly qualified citizens to vote for the candidate(s) of their choice;

(b) in the event that they produce or place any signs which are part of ballot security activities, cause said signs to disclose that they are authorized or sponsored by the party committees and any other committees participating with the party committees;

(c) refrain from giving any directions to or permitting their agents or employees to remove or deface any lawfully printed and placed campaign materials or signs;

(d) refrain from giving any directions to or permitting their employees to campaign within restricted polling areas or to interrogate prospective voters as to their qualifications to vote prior to their entry to a polling place;

(e) refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision to conduct, or the actual conduct of, such activities there and where a purpose or significant effect of such activities is to deter qualified voters from voting; and the conduct of such activities disproportionately in or directed toward districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic populations shall be considered relevant evidence of the existence of such a factor and purpose;

(f) refrain from having private personnel deputized as law enforcement personnel in connection with ballot security activities.

from Judicial review (link is in the OP too - but apparently the OP didn't bother to read it!)

There is ample scope left for the GOP to investigate voter fraud - as long as it does not decide to do so on the the basis of the racial makeup of the district(s) concerned.

this thread belongs in hoax!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join