Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Therapist declined temporary confinement for accused Colorado gunman: report (Holmes)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

The gist is he informed the therapist that he had fantasies about killing a lot of people.
Ok then, what is a 'Fantasy'?

Fantasy

• : fancy; especially : the free play of creative imagination

• : a creation of the imaginative faculty whether expressed or merely conceived: as
    imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters —called also fantasy fiction

• : the power or process of creating especially unrealistic or improbable mental images in response to psychological need.

• An imagination is something that should be neither feared nor punishable. We are free to do with it as we please.

The imagination is also something that can vary greatly from one person to the next. We are capable of imaging all sorts of whacked out scenarios, some of which may be quite grotesque. Not everyone fantasizes about lollipops, gumdrops, and unicorns. Some people can fantasize about things that in reality may be completely inconceivable.[color=797979](which is why they are called fantasies)

I have fantasized about tying a 50foot rope are my neck, and jumping off a 200 foot train trestle. I'm still here though, so obviously I didn't do it. It was just a fantasy that briefly entered my mind, and then went away. I may have envisioned that a few times, but whatever, I'm still not gonna do it.

...and that is just one example.

I was using slang when I typed "diff". Does it really bother you that much that you had to devote part of your reply to that? Seriously?
    Aside from being a violation of the Terms & Conditions, it's just plain lazy. You're typing on a keyboard, not a cell phone.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

I am not advocating anything, what I am saying is that if this claim that his phyc knew 6 weeks before he wanted to harm many people would have been taken serious that is what would/should of happened.

Do you think law enforcment should not be allowed to investigate a person who makes threats on peoples lives, at least to find out their capibility?

A fantasy is a fantasy. It is not a blatant threat. See above↑↑↑↑

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

According the article his statements were alarming enough that she reported it to law enforcement. Why do that if you aren't going to follow through?? To me it is suspicious and lends me to think that she may have been laying road work down for what was to happen in the future. To reiterate: I do not believe he acted alone and/or is a patsy.

Next: It is a slang word. I have nothing else to say to you. You obviously have issues.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
    link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

According the article his statements were alarming enough that she reported it to law enforcement. Why do that if you aren't going to follow through?? To me it is suspicious......
    The lack of details regarding exactly how it all went down, between the therapist and the cops, is definitely suspicious. Just doesn't make sense. Almost seems that maybe she blabbed about it to someone else, then that 3rd party told the cops.

I don't know. I wasn't there. My opinion regarding this specific article is that the word they used was 'Fantasized'. They did not say that he made any actual threats. There is a huge difference between the 2.

Next: It is a slang word. I have nothing else to say to you. You obviously have issues.
    It's not a word at all, unless you're a teenage girl. The issues are not mine. I didn't write the rules.
    edit on 12/7/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join