It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#FireBoehner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This twitter hash tag was trending yesterday. Most people would assume it would have originated by the fingertips of dirty liberals or elitist leftists, but that would be an incorrect assumption.

The hash tag was generated by conservatives at AMA (American Majority Action) upset by Boehners purging committees of "real conservatives".

American Majority Action (AMA) is launching a #FireBoehner campaign. If 16 members of the Republican Party abstain from voting for Boehner as speaker in January, he will be one vote shy of the 218 necessary to confirm his speakership.

“Speaker Boehner has been an abysmal failure as speaker, and his latest purge is the nail in the coffin for conservatives,” said Ned Ryun, president and CEO of AMA. “Boehner has never won a negation [sic] battle with the White House or Senate — and he’s been nothing short of an embarrassing spokesman for the conservative movement. It’s time for him to go.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You know, it really isn't hard to disappoint the conservative movement. Personally, I don't see what the big fuss is about. I really don't care what he did - if it was anything short of blowing up a bus full of children, then it's happened before with less media coverage. It's just because this is politics. That's all it is.

You know, the emulative spotlight. Either you're perfect, or you're terrible. And it's all subjective anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As usual, if you need someone orange, who spends way too much time on the golf course, is an alcoholic, is very sentimental about his corrupt life and views government as a business, then Hardonman is the one for your job. At this stage of the game, politicians have become an impediment, whose time remaining as political minions, is very short. In case you hadn't noticed, the planet is moving on and all politicians and officials will be as dumbfounded, as the GOP was, when they had their ass handed to them, in the Nov. elections. Keep on truckin.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The GOP talks about compromise and then refuses to compromise within their own ranks...

I do understand presenting a unified message, but this is taking things to far.

Time to kick the crybaby to the curb. He's not helping, well maybe he is. He's helping the current admin for favors that we do not see.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I agree. Fire Boehner, and then fire the rest of congress too.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Kali74

#flatulentbunny agrees with #FireBoehner

...as does this guy...I've been yelling "you're fired !!" at the TV everytime I see of that D-bag. When in the world, or more to the point will they ever, these ignoranus' realize they work for John Q Public and not the Corp. and PAC's??

Baaahh, who am I kidding, or more precisely what the heck am I thinking?? Sad realization is they never will.

Star for you Beez for giving me my much needed gut-bustin' belly laugh for the day. Thanks a bunch!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What has me mildly amused is that, in my opinion, right after the elections it seems that the GOP has been more than willing to rip itself to shreds in such very public ways like this. I don't think it's a secret that in-fighting within the parties exsist, but I don't really ever recall having been witness to it being done so publically before. Just who is it that hit the 'self destruct' button in the GOP command central?

I am well aware this happens within the democratic party as well, we've seen it in the past but even then I do not recall it being as viscious and biting as it seems to be currently within the GOP. I have to wonder if we are witnessing the complete thrashing of the GOP and if they do not come up with something to pull them all together on the double quick, there may not be a GOP in the future. At this point all the democrats have to do is sit back, do nothing and watch the carnage pile up as the GOP gallops headlong to their own demise.

With friends like this.. who needs enemies, eh?
edit on 6-12-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
I agree. Fire Boehner, and then fire the rest of congress too.

Just judging from this current congress, I can understand why we don't have any congressional "recalls".
If ever a group deserved to by replaced, this is the one.
I'm not even going to pick sides or favorites. Just ship the whole bunch to .... some place else!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
#FireReid!!

McConnell wants Reid to call the vote on the Senate floor and he is refusing. It would be nice to see how many Democrats actually disagree with this nonsense coming from the administration. Not a single Dem has ever voted for one of Obama's budgets and I am sure that many on the hill don't agree with his latest scheme either.. They still have careers and reelections to worry about. Obama... not so much....

As for Boehner... I'm not very happy with him at the moment or with his threats against his fellow GOP in the House. Boehner states that they "are watching their votes" as they are about to replace the committee members who were just recently ousted. Don't like this crap one bit. From both sides.

Where is the flipping change that we have been promised for the past four years.

#FireObama... he's too busy trying to sell is plan and too busy meeting with Al Sharpton to discuss the plan. Al Sharpton!!?? When he should be making daily trips to Capital Hill. You know that is actually part of his job... Bridging the gap and building consensus...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Seems that any conservative caught building consensus with Obama loses their committee seat because Boehner has decided to be a tyrant.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by jibeho

Seems that any conservative caught building consensus with Obama loses their committee seat because Boehner has decided to be a tyrant.

Actually, they lost their seats for simply being strong fiscal conservatives. They were not building bridges. That's Obama's job... These guys were not towing Boehner's line...

Sources tell FreedomWorks that these fiscal conservatives were removed from their committees because their votes were not in lockstep with House leadership. Reps. Amash, Huelskamp, and Schweikert correctly voted against a handful of House leadership supported big spending bills:

Reps. Amash and Huelskamp voted against the House leadership supported Continuing Resolution (H.J. Res. 48) that would have continued our unsustainable levels of deficit spending without the transparency of the open budget process.

Reps. Amash, Huelskamp, and Schweikert voted against the House leadership supported Continuing Resolution (H.R. 2608) that would have funded the government without any spending cuts.

Reps. Amash, Huelskamp, and Schweikert voted against Speaker Boehner’s Budget Control Act (S. 365) which created the failed Super Committee, and allowed President Obama to raise the debt ceiling to over $16 trillion and did not cut, cap, or balance federal spending.

Reps. Amash and Huelskamp voted against the House leadership supported House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan’s budget (H.Con.Res.112) citing that it did not cut enough spending. While a step in the right direction, it would not balance the budget until at least 2040 – far too slowly given the massive size of our nation’s debt. They opted to support the Republican Study Committee’s more conservative budget instead, H.Amdt. 1003.

www.freedomworks.org...

Heaven forbid... they actually oppose spending more than we have to spend. What a concept....

See you on the other side of the collapse....

new topics

top topics

join