It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omaha State Bank President Brought Gun to Work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
If I ran a bank I'd carry a gun too - in a holster, in plain site. As for pointing it at her, or not, maybe just playing with it, well he's an idiot either way. Gun safety 101.

Small rant here. My biggest concern with gun owners are the sub-group who are gun lovers. Guns are a tool, like a hammer. Not your girlfriend, not your XBox - the folks in this group look fools when going around talking about their guns like they're showing off toys.

Practice your shot on the range or in safe area, put it away, lock it up and don't talk about it. Yes we have guns - so what, I also have a drill.

I'm a "gun lover" and I've never pointed any of my guns at anyone.

I spend time with other gun lovers and was a competition shooter for 5 years. I collect guns and they are my main hobby. In all the time I've been involved with the gun collecting and shooting community I have yet to see anyone point their guns at anyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

He is an idiot and dangerous too. I totally agree with you and I'm glad your circle of shooters hasn't done this.

Slightly off topic again, and maybe I should just start a thread on it, but....

So guns are toys to you and your group of friends? Listen, I get that but I also believe a culture of "gun love" is silly and degrading to the adults in the room. Boys with toys and all...

And no BSing here - I took the highest shooter award in the USMC, ranked in the top ten of all time throughout USMC history (mods can double check if so please); and I'll tell you I'll likely out-shoot most gun lovers, but you'll never catch me joining a boys club to play with them. In my mind, and others I know who are pros, we treat guns as tools, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways, to each their own... don't mean to be rude if that's how it sounds.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And even if a building owner doesn't want you to carry they have to post a sign at every entrance. And even then they have to ask you to leave if you choose to carry anyway. It only becomes a crime if you refuse to leave after asked.

That is the same way it works here in Missouri. The Government stuff and things like Schools and Amusement Parks are black letter off limits. What is in the law is a serious offense for carrying. It's the loss of the permit at least. Outside of those specified places though, the sign thing works the same way. You aren't supposed to carry past their sign, but it's not even an infraction unless they've asked you to leave and then the person carrying outright refused or argues. Personally, I don't see where it should ever come up anyway. Concealed means just that. Not covered....but concealed. If even my other half can tell when I am or am not carrying by visually looking, I've got a problem to address in how I'm carrying it, IMO.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

He is an idiot and dangerous too. I totally agree with you and I'm glad your circle of shooters hasn't done this.

Slightly off topic again, and maybe I should just start a thread on it, but....

So guns are toys to you and your group of friends? Listen, I get that but I also believe a culture of "gun love" is silly and degrading to the adults in the room. Boys with toys and all...

And no BSing here - I took the highest shooter award in the USMC, ranked in the top ten of all time throughout USMC history (mods can double check if so please); and I'll tell you I'll likely out-shoot most gun lovers, but you'll never catch me joining a boys club to play with them. In my mind, and others I know who are pros, we treat guns as tools, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways, to each their own... don't mean to be rude if that's how it sounds.

Where did I call them toys?

You showed your hand with that comment.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have two hands.

I don't collect things, in my mind whether guns, trains, coins or stamps -- it's all child's play so that's where "toys" comes from.

Anyways, sorry to derail this thread from the OP.

This bank boss needs to lose his gun license and his job if the facts are true as stated - never point a gun unless you intent to shoot. Period.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I hope a pitbull bites his ballsack for being so careless with a gun. Gives the rest of us gun owners a bad name, and the fools who are scared of guns a bit more ammo to toss out there.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I have two hands.

I don't collect things, in my mind whether guns, trains, coins or stamps -- it's all child's play so that's where "toys" comes from.

Anyways, sorry to derail this thread from the OP.

This bank boss needs to lose his gun license and his job if the facts are true as stated - never point a gun unless you intent to shoot. Period.

Firearms are not "childs play", they are deadly weapons and should always be treated with respect.

My other hobby is collecting and racing cars, and for the same basic reasons I enjoy guns, the engineering.

I can appreciate the genius of people like John Moses Browning and Ferry Porsche without looking at their creations as toys or childs play.

Have you always been this condescending to people who's interests differ from yours?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TZela

From the link in the OP:

In an interview with The World-Herald, Dahir said, “There was not a weapon ever brandished in any kind of threatening way, and everybody knew it.” He said Cenovic's report was “sensationalized. It doesn't tell anybody anything. It's just gossip.”
this is a really stupid statement.
How in the hell do you place the laser sight dot on someone's body without pointing the weapon at them?
If the laser sight was casting a dot on the woman, the gun was pointed at her. If the gun was pointed at her, it was being brandished.

All guns should be considered loaded, no exceptions. This guy is a fool, and should not have a CCW.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Deleted longer post. If interested DM me AGWskeptic, we can continue this privately. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I hope a pitbull bites his ballsack for being so careless with a gun.

Maybe one will run him over instead. Dogs taught to drive cars

top topics

<< 1   >>

join