It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More unexplained booms in AZ and RI

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by new_here

I was just reading the thread about the power poles on fire in Texas and came across this interesting post over there linking to this page about the Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis. This is very interesting reading and might go along with what you are explaining here, or what you are feeling.

Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis

Wow, I hope not, but that is some disturbing information!

You know, it reminds me of a thought I had a while back. Maybe harvesting all of this oil & gas has less to do with fuel for our cars and more to do with capturing it before it kills all of us.

Yeah, I agree with you, it's a disturbing thought provoking read.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
My money is on HAARP. Not much else I can think of. Saw a video of some booms in Texas A couple years back.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread. In my opinion, this topic is way underdiscussed, just about everywhere. I am so sick of people saying that it is natural & normal. It may be natural, but it is not normal. Otherwise, they wouldn't be so shocking when they're heard. We all know what trains, thunder, & fireworks sound like. These are different.

I have experienced the "sound phenomena" a few times, but in a couple of different ways. In August & September of 2011, during & after earthquakes & they were the "booms", and a month or so ago, and it was the "trumpet" sound. In August, with the quake, it woke me up from a dead sleep, thought someone was in our house & had slammed our basement door shut violently. Made my husband check the house. Nothing. A couple of weeks later in September, heard them and they made my whole street shake, setting off every car alarm & rattled glass jars in our pantry. They were very, very loud booms, like cannons being shot off, but without a lot of echo. Preceding the booms, my dog was cowering and whining about 30 minutes before it happened and then started peeing in the corners of rooms, so I knew something was up. I emailed the USGS and they claimed that there wasn't a quake or any sort of geologic activity and that I was probably feeling a 1.9 quake 180 miles to the south of me. Now, how does that make sense?

A month or so ago, I posted here about the "trumpet" sounds. I thought the booms were scary, but the trumpet sounds made all of my hair stand up on end. The eeriest part about that was that at points, the sound was such a low pitch that my ears were vibrating as if still picking up sound, but the frequency was so low, i couldn't actually hear it. At that point, my dog start barking wildly and every dog up and down our street was going nuts. My daughter heard it, my husband heard it, but when I contacted our local PD, they said they hadn't received any calls. They did, however, check into normal sources of sound and said that they couldn't find a reason for it and that no one in our county even had a drilling permit. It was a very foreboding feeling, like a message or warning. I know that sounds bizarre, but if you heard it yourself, you'd understand

I've also been seeing bright blue flashes of light pop off now and again and the weirdest cloud patterns you've ever seen, form right before your eyes. Orange-pink clouds popped up today in the midst of "normal" clouds while walking my son to school. My cell has been handy on these walks, documenting what I've been seeing, thankfully, so I know I'm not crazy.

I think--believe--that the booms, trumpet sounds, weird sky phenomena, sinkholes, quakes, just like you said, are ALL RELATED.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Thanks for the info, Mountaingirl, what part of country are you in, what state? You've had a lot of experiences. In the Clintonville Boom case in Wisconsin, they ruled out earthquake at first. The booms happened every night for four nights in a row. Over 400 residents heard it and made calls to police. Then, after the week was up, they decided it was a small earthquake under a 2, that happened on the first night. Nobody in the town was buying it and it still remains a mystery.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I have heard a few this week in my area, not sure what they are but they sound like they are coming from the sky. Almost like thunder but we don't have a storm about. They aren't real loud just way up and muffled sounding. Hard to describe really. I am hoping to catch the sound on video.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, Mountaingirl, what part of country are you in, what state? You've had a lot of experiences. In the Clintonville Boom case in Wisconsin, they ruled out earthquake at first. The booms happened every night for four nights in a row. Over 400 residents heard it and made calls to police. Then, after the week was up, they decided it was a small earthquake under a 2, that happened on the first night. Nobody in the town was buying it and it still remains a mystery.

Hi, Rezlooper! I'm in Colorado, between Denver and CO Springs. We tend to get a lot of "stuff" happening here, lol. Isn't that the place where the floor tiles were flying off the school cafeteria, like something tunneled under the floor?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Did it sound like what is in this vid:

Also I recommend you read my sig post and see if you can relate..

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67

Did it sound like what is in this vid:

Also I recommend you read my sig post and see if you can relate..

I've seen that video before and it's not really like that, though it is interesting that it's from the same period as when I heard the first booms last August. I'm betting that the sound doesn't transfer well to recording, so maybe it is more similar than I think.

As for your post, how about I u2u you?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Floor tiles coming up? I never heard about that one. Will have to look into that. I was living in Wausau when that happened, about an hour away, but we moved since more towards the Twin Cities.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Floor tiles coming up? I never heard about that one. Will have to look into that. I was living in Wausau when that happened, about an hour away, but we moved since more towards the Twin Cities.

Oh, yeah, pretty sure it was there! The floor tiles in the school cafeteria flew up off the floor in a weird pattern, looked like someone was tunneling underneath. There were people in the cafeteria when it happened, but no one got hurt. I think the official explanation had to do with a poor tile job, lol. There is a video on youtube that shows the damage... I'm going to try to find it and then I'll post it back here if I find it!

ETA: YEP! Here it is! Apparently, this is Watertown, but it was reported in connection with the Clintonville booms.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-12-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

That is wild, I went and looked at the links also. I remember a thread last wee that found all usgs sites reported strange vibrations across us at same time, that and this seem strange when added to the reports of flashes/ booms/ pole fires etc. I heard the frequency type hums here in Nebraska last year, something is going on,

Very intrigued by the jumping jack flash theory, the flashes could be atmospheric explosions of gas makes sense anyone researched this theory? I am going to do some research if anyone has looked into this would appreciate any info-

Thanks
bg

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
to people who said fracking. there is no fracking going on in the MIDDLE of narragansett bay im from rhode island there is none going on in that area. for the real reason id suggest that you read the lovecraft story haunter in the dark. the end reslut being that a strange sphere of alien rock that is a prision for a denzien of utter terror was droped into the deepest part of the bay. strange things indeed.......

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

Oh, yeah, pretty sure it was there! The floor tiles in the school cafeteria flew up off the floor in a weird pattern, looked like someone was tunneling underneath. There were people in the cafeteria when it happened, but no one got hurt. I think the official explanation had to do with a poor tile job, lol. There is a video on youtube that shows the damage... I'm going to try to find it and then I'll post it back here if I find it!

ETA: YEP! Here it is! Apparently, this is Watertown, but it was reported in connection with the Clintonville booms.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-12-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

Holy crap, that's crazy. Missed that one. I always said that I suspected the Clintonville booms as underground digging, but call me crazy

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Still going on in RI examiner

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join