It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More unexplained booms in AZ and RI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My money is on meteorites. The can sound like thunder and create quite a flash on even the most clear nites. Have seen and heard two so far here in New England over the last year.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There is an interesting comment added to one of the articles quoted in the OP:
www.wpri.com...

At exactly 05.13 am here in Luton 31 miles North of Central London England, both myself and my partner heard an explosion on Tuesday 4th December! On arriving at work (office in Luton town Centre with panoramic views) at 05.45am I asked my work colleague if he heard any strange sounds and he confirmed that he had heard an explosion around 05.15 am. He explained that he could not determine the cause having scoured the area from the windows. I had done the same but to no avail. No reports via media have been made in relation to others hearing an explosion in either the Luton area or any other part of the country yet three of us Luton residents did hear an explosion! 05.13am here in England would have been 00.13am your local New York City area time, Therefore there was a difference of just 43 minutes in relation to your strange explosion sound (reported at 23.30pm)and this one here in England. Could they be related occurances or just a co-incidence? Something definately exploded or erupted, but where?

Perhaps it is meteors, but there have been so many for a while now.
Or is the earth breaking apart from the inside?
It must be something global, and not caused by any occurrence specific to one area.

This is getting a bit scary.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Must listen to this man: www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Planes are supposed to be 150 miles off shore before going supersonic, because the sound can carry that far. That's why Concorde failed.

We used to have F-4 Phantoms going supersonic about 115-120 miles off shore, and it would rattle glasses on shelves on part of the island. So yes, it can easily carry that far.

As for Georgia, they are under the Eastern end of the high speed corridor. That is a section of airspace that goes as far West as Knoxville, and up to Huntsville, that the Air Force owns. They're allowed to do pretty much whatever they want in there, as it's a testing area for Lockheed out of Marietta, GA. I used to live under part of it, and loved watching the F-22 test flights. We got some amazing airshows right over our house.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

This is interesting because you say 43 minutes time difference which would fit time it would take this Hypersonic jet, the X-51 Waverider to fly from New York to London. Here is news about the test flight in Aug. 14 of 2012. This test flight failed and I post a link to the video below the quote here. In the story someone says that he doubts the military will have this within jet successfully completing missions within a few years. Maybe he was wrong and it only took them a few months. This is what they would tell the world if they wanted to keep it top secret for a while. I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there because these are a lot of boom reports in a short period of time.

Edwards Air Force Base-A U.S. Air Force bomber carried an experimental aircraft over the Pacific on Tuesday with the aim of putting it through a five-minute flight at six times the speed of sound, or about 3,600 mph (5,800 kilometers per hour). There was no immediate official word of the test's success or failure. The unmanned X-51 WaveRider was expected to reach Mach 6 after being dropped by a B-52 bomber and taking flight off the Southern California coast near Point Mugu. Engineers hoped the X-51 would sustain its top speed for five minutes, twice as long as it's gone before. The B-52 took to the skies Tuesday, but no other information about the test flight was available, John Haire, a spokesman for Edwards Air Force Base in California, said in an email. Public affairs officials at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio, which is in charge of the X-51 development project, provided no updates. Last year, in its most recent test, the X-51 fell for about four seconds before its booster rocket ignited, but the aircraft failed to separate from the rocket and plunged into the ocean. Designed by the Boeing Co., the aircraft is intended to allow the Pentagon to deliver strikes around the globe within minutes. Eventually, the X-51's hypersonic propulsion technology may be applied to civil aviation as well. "Is it going to happen in two or three years? No," Imperial College aeronautical engineer Paul Bruce told Britain's ITV News. "Could it happen in 10, 20 years? I think the answer is probably yes, if there's enough of a market there."

Here's video of failed test flight in August. Must see this thing and the contrail it leaves behind.

Video of failed test flight
edit on 6-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I've never heard the booms, but I have posted before about hearing the 'loud generator' noise. Today, though, I heard strange high-pitched whines and low droning noises. I know it's not "ringing in the ears" because both of my dogs reacted (pulling their ears back, one of them growling and the other pawing at me with a worried look on her face.) The noises happened several times today, and the dogs were both on edge.

Also felt a slight vibration a couple of times while sitting on the couch. And I haven't felt right today. I've had the feeling I get when we have a solar eruption... slightly off balance and head hurts off and on.

One more thing to add-- the weird reddish sky (long past sundown) is back. Don't know if it's related to anything but I find it disconcerting.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Very interesting. I have experienced something very similar to what you describe. Check out my sig post and these as well: www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I was just reading the thread about the power poles on fire in Texas and came across this interesting post over there linking to this page about the Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis. This is very interesting reading and might go along with what you are explaining here, or what you are feeling.

Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Wow! Great info there. I bet it was an awesome thing to watch. I was really doubting that the sound could travel that far, but your post really put it into perspective. Thanks

-OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Have you read this one.. when the sky turns red is the third sign. eerie
.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I was about 30 miles from Cottonwood on Tuesday in McGuireville, between Cottonwood and Flagstaff, and didn't hear of feel a thing on Tuesday.

Of course I sleep like a rock so that could explain that.

They are doing some major Highway construction on I-17 down around Cordes Junction, but if that were the cause, people in that area would've been making calls before Cottonwood.

Call me realistic but I'd hedge my bets on some really large meth labs having accidents. It is rural out here and meth is a pretty big seller.
edit on 7-12-2012 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

To paraphrase Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, hypersonic flight is hard. Really really hard. The stresses and friction is so intense, that multiple flights have failed because large pieces of airframe peeled off, which was expected, but they were larger than they thought they would be. There are two hypersonic test airframes both of which have failed multiple times.

Interestingly, there is an anomaly that has popped up at the eight minute mark I believe it is. All of the flights have failed in the eighth minute of the flight.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

www.earthfiles.com...
found this just now..very interesting.
makes one wonder how all these odd events are connected.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

I was just reading the thread about the power poles on fire in Texas and came across this interesting post over there linking to this page about the Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis. This is very interesting reading and might go along with what you are explaining here, or what you are feeling.

Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis

Wow, I hope not, but that is some disturbing information!

You know, it reminds me of a thought I had a while back. Maybe harvesting all of this oil & gas has less to do with fuel for our cars and more to do with capturing it before it kills all of us.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

Have you read this one.. when the sky turns red is the third sign. eerie
.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah I see that now. Also, the 4th sign is poisoned waters. I think we're getting there.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Strange Booms/Sounds Continue Worldwide As Disinformation Campaign Starts

theintelhub.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yesterday, about 5:00 pm EST, I heard a loud boom and the funny thing was it sounded all around me as I was standing in my hay field with my dogs and the sound trailed off to the west. Later, as I was watching the local news, they had a segment on loud booms in Columbia County.

www.wrdw.com...www.wrdw.com... e/headlines/Columbia-County-No-earthquakes-took-place-recently-in-Columbia-Co-182395991.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.wrdw.com... thquakes-took-place-recently-in-Columbia-Co-182395991.html

In our county, we have a company that is named "Force Protection" and they build armored vehicles for the military and test them with high explosives. Testing usually occurs between 1:30 and 2:30 pm, but I don't believe this was them today. Citizens in the northern part of the county have been complaining that the explosive testing has been collapsing water wells in the rural areas.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I guess we've all heard about the new quake off the coast of Japan. Well, I went to this site:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

...and clicked on SC and pulled up the data closest to me and this is what happened in the wee hours of this morning: Link

So I started clicking on other states and saw the same picture.:pus:

Did the whole world shake?

Like, click on today's date for Maryland here: Link
edit on 12/7/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

Here is one in Virginia: Link
edit on 12/7/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I saw the thread for the 2.3 quake in East Texas as well. Someone said that after the Japan quake that this quaking everywhere else could be similar to the Ringing Bell Syndrome when the whole world vibrates, but I don't know. Just saying. Nice to see what the quake experts on here have to say about these things, but I haven't seen any of their posts yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Hey Nightflight, what state are you in?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join