It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More unexplained booms in AZ and RI

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And they continue...
More unexplained boom noises heard in yesterday in Arizona and Rhode Island.

Rhode Island boom has no explanation

Mystery booms rock Arizona

How can there be so many reports of these strange booms for so long now without any hard explanation. All we have is speculations of what people think, but nothing concrete.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Check this vid out for some interesting ideas:
33:45 for some interesting ideas.....also this thread that I just posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Thanks for that heads up nitro. This is some good stuff. When was this video made? Some would suggest weather manipulation by HAARP, but yet others debunk all this stuff and call this normal weather we are experiencing and that the booms and shakes are also normal. I still believe that Sandy was manipulated and watching this video just reaffirms my belief even more.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Fracking perhaps? If these keep occurring at the rate they do, maybe a "Boom Watch 2012" thread might be necessary!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these! I had written two threads the last two days on the booms I heard here at my house on December 4th and 5th. I did some searching last night and found out that people all over Texas and Oklahoma were reporting the booms yesterday.

Disturbances Do Not Appear To Be Earthquakes

A couple of loud booms have caught the attention of area residents. It is not certain what caused the booms but it can be reported that it does not appear to be an earthquake. Amber Wilson, Ardmore Emergency Management Coordinator, contact the Oklahoma Geology Department in Tulsa and was told that no activity had taken place which would lead officials to believe it was an earthquake. Look in the Thursday edition of The Ardmoreite for more details.

Then I found out the LockHeed Martin says that they are doing Supersonic testing along the I-35 corridor which runs up and down Oklahoma through Texas

Supersonic Flight Tests Cause of Loud Booms Felt Across Texoma

Loud booming noises have been reported all across Texoma today. We now know what's behind these booms. A spokesperson for Lockheed Martin tells us the booms were caused by supersonic flight tests being conducted by the company. The flights were authorized by the FAA and are conducted in the corridor that runs from Dallas through Oklahoma.

This testing was supposedly carried out approximately 150 miles west of my location, so could it also account for the booms heard in Arizona? I don't really know the mechanics of sound traveling. Is it even possible for it to carry that far of a distance?

Looks like folks in Georgia are reporting several loud booms today

Several Loud Booms Reported in Columbia County Georgia

Columbia County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) director Pam Tucker tells WJBF News Channle 6 there have been several loud booms reported in the county over the last couple of days. On Tuesday, Tucker tells us there was a distant loud boom reported in the the Pinebrook area off of Hereford Farm Road between 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. On Wednesday, at 9:07 p.m., a county resident heard a loud rumble and he says his driveway is now lifted up with cracks in in and the road and sidewalks near his home are now cracked. Then, Thursday morning at 5:00 a.m., a man and his neighbor both heard a loud boom on the 200 block of Louisville Road. Tucker tells us officials are looking for the cause of the booms and rumbling.

Seems like folks are hearing booms all across the US the last few days. Could these all be Supersonic flight testing or something else? What the heck is going on?

~OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Drums of war.

Something bigger than all of us has been cooking a long time, only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Thanks for adding this extra bit...did not know this. It's interesting to say the least. That's a lot of sonic booms. Witnesses in the RI event say they also saw an explosion of light.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's a little truth for you.

The Gulf of Mexico 'oil spill' was actually an early symptom of earth changes.

So too are the mass animal die-offs, sink holes, booms, weather changes, eq's, humming sounds, sky flashes, and the behavioral changes in people that are occurring.

When large corporations quickly take credit for disasters and oddities, this should throw up a slew of red flags. Fracking my ass.

edit on 6/12/2012 by htapath because: clarification

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That is strange about the flash. I was looking more into the RI case and this article was posted 4 minutes ago.

House-Rattling Boom Remains a Mystery

To add to the mystery, residents further reported a low, droning, humming noise coming from the water that began about an hour or so after the initial boom was heard, about the same time crews took to the water to comb for a source. Some on social media said the hum sounded like a distress signal, while others said it didn’t sound like anything they’d heard coming from the bay before. One person said it sounded like it could be a tugboat. But Kinney said the source of the hum is just as mysterious as whatever caused the initial boom. However, the Coast Guard did determine that the strange flashing light reported in Barrington came from a lighthouse.

So there was a hum reported after the flash and boom. It never does say in the report when and if the hum ever stopped.

Also, the lighthouse explanation seems to be a far reach. I am sure folks in that area know what a lighthouse looks like.

The article continues:

Those on Facebook came up with these ideas: some thought the noise could have been a small bomb, a gas explosion or a transformer, but police and fire searches quickly ruled out those possibilities. Others suggested it was a meteorite crashing to Earth, but no landing sites have been found, and there were no reports of the water being disrupted by a space rock. Then there were a slew of commentators who suggested an unidentified flying object or aliens caused the noise. One of the more colorful suggestions came from Jason Oneppo who shared this: “It was aliens there [sic] space ship ripped a whole in the space time continuum when they stepped on their breaks to avoid a squirrel while traveling at the speed of light.”

So most of the more expected explanations have been ruled out. I do like Jason's theory though

~OkieDokie
edit on 6-12-2012 by OkieDokie because: ugh typing too fast

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Facebook is now lighting up with reports out of Pennsylvania of loud booms within the last hour. It has been suggested that it could be nearby construction, but people are quickly dismissing that claim. Others are wondering about a local power plant.

Heard a Boom? Could be Construction

The first one was last Friday, around 1pm. Patch contacted the United States Geological Survey, the group responsible for tracking earthquake activity, but the USGS said no earthquake activity had been reported in our area. A second boom was noticeably audible today, Thursday, also around 1pm. Facebook comments from readers indicate it was felt in many of the same areas as last week's boom.

Thought I would just add it to the list as something to keep an eye on. Seems like it would be easy enough for reporters to verify if blasting was taking place at that time on Friday.

~OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

S & F
these things really have me baffled.. I have yet to hear any booms in my area ( i too am on the I-35 corridor north up into kansas) but I wasn't paying attention yesterday. I will be today! These anomalies(seneca guns) just seem more and more frequent.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How odd. I live near a major freeway exchange and just prior to checking new posts heard a boom. Wait... it was probably a truck, as it often is around here. Although, it did cause me to pause because it sounded different. Since I was activly questioning the boom I chose your thread. Also, as of lately I have heard strange humming when the trafic noise is lower.

I found the story about Az interesting and scary. The area of those booms is my favorite part of the state. I did a quick web search and found that 7 states have reported booms. Here is a video about that.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

A lighthouse huh? I like Jason's theory too. Much more believable

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

The booms had died down for quite a while, but now all of these states and multiple witnesses. Things are spiking again... if's it the military running test flights, they sure are busy and that must be one hell of a fast craft they got flying around up there!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And of course it's the ATS'er in me, but..
when an Aerospace company and construction
company jump in immediately with "It was us!"
My spidey senses tingle.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philosophile
Fracking perhaps? If these keep occurring at the rate they do, maybe a "Boom Watch 2012" thread might be necessary!

There is no fracking that I know of in that area of Arizona.

Did not hear the booms down here in the Valley but then again that is a couple hours drive from here.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I posted a story almost exactly like the Rhode Island story on another thread in November. Booms and a flash of light.

My post

On the 17th, various people saw a flash of light in the sky and an extremely loud boom between 8:30 and 8:50 pm central time. This was in Missouri. A local police department said something about it on Facebook and there was almost 40 comments from people seeing/hearing it in different towns. About 30-60 minutes later, another town claimed to be seeing/hearing the same thing. I didn't see anything but I'm a little further south of all the reporting towns. My brother told the police he had heard a loud boom, louder than fireworks, and saw a flash of light a few days prior. I called my mom about it, and she said she ALSO had heard a loud boom and seen a flash a few days before the 17th. The police decided it was probably the Leonids meteor shower which was supposed to peak for us Saturday morning. I looked it up and I guess that meteor shower was supposed to be really crappy this year. 10-15 per hour and small pieces. Seemed kind of crazy to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am from Rhode Island and live a third of a mile from the light house in question. I will tell you this, the explosion literally shook my house. I jumped out of bed and ran out to my deck expecting to see a mushroom cloud, it was that intense. the light house theory is just plain silly. I will also tell you for a fact, that local law enforcement are just as baffled as to what caused it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The Verde Valley area has a long history of mining according to this article I found: www.sedonaverdevalley.org...

I would suspect some cave in event in an old mine may have happened. Perhaps there was even a crate or two of some old dynamite down there and it blew after being hit by falling debris.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The cross country tunnel project is escalating as they are behind schedule.
These tunnels connect all of the major underground cities and bases.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join