Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Tim Cook tells NBC: Apple will be building Macs in the U.S.

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

FORTUNE -- Tim Cook drops a bombshell in his interview with Brian Williams scheduled to air Thursday evening: Apple (AAPL) next year will begin manufacturing one of its existing Mac lines exclusively in the U.S.

tech.fortune.cnn.com...

I told myself about a year and a half ago, I wouldn't dare purchase another Apple Product unless it's manufactured here in North America. Seriously, there is NO REASON that a Tycoon with the likes of Apple cannot have their products made in the country in which it was invented.

It's mass madness, even in the name of profit.... Hoarding Billions upon Billions of dollars is the essence of what's wrong with America and Capitalism as a whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I think he isn't playing with a full deck. Just look at the sales. Mac doesn't have it. Bottom line.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can sort-of see how it might work though.

The almost "cult-like" devotion of much of their customer base has already proven that price is no object when purchasing products that Apple competes in, so increased pricing to maintain margins by building here might work

until...at least...Samsung or other comes out with a true Apple-corer

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
They could do what all the television makers do and have assembly plants for their chinese components just over the border in Mexico. Thanks to NAFTA Mexico is loaded with low-skill assembly line jobs because assembling and importing over the southern border is cheaper than assembling and shipping across an ocean.

Then charter a couple of buses to shuttle Americas over the boarder to work.

USA! USA! USA!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The sad thing here is the fact that this product will not cost much more to produce, and people will stop buying them.

Oh wait! Apple fanboys will pay anything for their products, no matter if they have the last generation anyways. Nevermind.

top topics

join