It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Survival Sites Out There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It just dawned on me this morning (no pun intended) that it might be a good idea if everyone chipped in a list of the best survivalist/prep sites out there so that anyone new to the idea would have a go to list for the best ideas.

My personal favorite because it has a bit of everything is George Ure over at
urbansurvival.com...

If everyone could take the moment and plunk in the best they know of I would appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This HERE will give you a list of all the best survival sites out there.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Im partial to cheaperthandirt.com

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Decent Info here

BushcraftOnFire

Great Videos Here

YouTube

More Info Here

The Prepper Movie

Full Spectrum Survival

BUT REMEMBER

You can watch all the movies and read all the books in the world, if you are NOT going out and practicing the skills you need, you are WASTING YOUR TIME

Semper

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've always found this site survivalcache.com... to be rather comprehensive and of course Doug Ritter's site www.equipped.org... Ritter's site is not a traditional survival type site. More about preparedness and identifying resources..

Double Ditto on practicing what you learn. I wish I had more time to spend in the woods just for fun. There's always the backyard...

For home prepping checkout thesurvivalmom.com... don't laugh
she actually has some practical advice for practical everyday suburban folks.... Not every prepper sleeps in camo PJ's
Her site helped me to convince my wife that all of my crazy prepping and practice was actually a good thing...

Cheers!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.zombielyptic.com...

Fascinated with the level of preparedness of some of the hardcore preppers, I still consider myself to be a survivalist more than anything. Honestly even though I might eventually achieve all the same things as those hardcore preppers it will be done with a different mindset. I feel like many "preppers" put far to much stock in their preparations. The moment I decided that something may or may not happen that I should at least attempt to prepare for I started thinking what if something happened right now and I forced to survive without any preparations at all. That survival mindset needs to come first. For me, without going into too much personal information everyday is survival and I know there are many like myself out there who perhaps doesn't have any real survival skills like bush crafting or hunting but they've already been battle tested with overcoming excruciating life obstacles.

Survival is warrior like mentality that lives in the heart. Some people got it and some don't.

When I got interested in getting prepared I wasn't buying into all the things trying to be sold to me by a majority of the prepper/survival websites. For example, why should I invest in precious metals because if what you say is going to happen takes place toilet paper will be far more valuable than any precious metals.

Anyways I encourage everybody who is least bit interested in being ready for whatever life may throw us to check out www.zombielyptic.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
for a good blog

www.backdoorsurvival.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i am a frequent browser of .ssrsi.org , not sure how to link. they have all sorts of stuff from atlatls to evasion, I also cruise around instructables.com a couple times a week. while it is not all about survival , there is a lot of stuff that comes in handy. the wilderness outfitters youtube channel is also filled with great bushcraft teachings.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Another good one is:

www.Survivalhq.net

Low key and easy-going there.

new topics

top topics

join