It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing happened at Lowe's & It involves ATS. I need advice.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
About the prepping part.......if someone were to walk into my house today they would think I was a Mega prepper.

But to be honest, I am just a stay at home mom that enjoys using coupons! (Anyone need on of my 25 tubes of toothpaste or a few packs of T.P.? How about some cans of soup?)

Did you stop to think you are just building an extra pantry?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Let me quell some of the things I've read. I did not snoop around in some ones home. I seen a open computer, from about two feet away, on what I think was ATS. 99.99% sure it was, and it was on members screen, not visitors. As I am a member, I was more than intrigued.

This isnt about me making any money advertising or offering discounts to members. There was some pun intended with that. I was service electrician for 29 years, I know how to talk to folks. The does, the don'ts. Now that I work for me, the don'ts take on a whole new meaning.

We are not going to date and there's nothing romantic about this. I am married to a wonderfull like minded woman. I do not know if she is or not. From what I've seen after a couple days in the house is, she is not. I do know there's grown kids, pics on wall.

I have not outed her, I live in central N.C. I never stated she did. And she does not. If I do not have an u2u by the time I leave for there in the a.m. I will probally broach the subject at some time tomorrow.

I am not most contractors. I start work at 8:00am I'll pull in your drive at 7:45am . I have too much to do to dilly around till mid morning. Lately Ive been slammed. The thread was more for the fact I just happened to possible meet a member in the flesh. I would consider it unfair for me to know she was, even if I did not know her screen name and she not know I was also a member. we are all anonymous unless we want not to be.

It's 10:51 est and no u2u, so she must not be a night time user. Going to bed now. Tomorrow shall be and interesting morning. Peace. And she did openly say it was going to be a closet for supplies. Maybe it is just a pantry. First pantry I ever built out of 3/4 plywood as the wall medium. Just saying.

And if I all of a sudden dissape.................................

edit on 6-12-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Take a break and get on your laptop and jump on ats right in front of her. Duh.

Seriously though, ive never mentioned ats to any of my customers employees. I dont need them knowing much about me, some are crazy as hell. Well, you have to be a little crazy to work in a chemical plant. But still.

But i have had more than a few customers employees and even a couple management types go all on and on and on about conspiracies. I cant figure out why but i guess its in my destiny. I must exude sone sort of psychic signal or something lol. I just walk down the street and have random conspiracy theorists start spouting off weird theories to me. Everything from how mitt romney rigged the election (lmfao) to nephilim living in deep underground military bases and the rothschilds.

My suggestion is that you ask her about her interests and then say this sentence: "i like to read conspiracy theories!". You probably will have to make up an excuse to leave like i often do or youll be there alllllll dayyyyyy talking about some crazy galactic federation of light 665 december 21st nephilim 12th imam mahdi bullshizzle.

I have buckets of random chemicals i "borrow" from work in my kitchen, does that make me a prepper lol?
edit on 6-12-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Seriously though, ive never mentioned ats to any of my customers employees. I dont need them knowing much about me, some are crazy as hell. Well, you have to be a little crazy to work in a chemical plant. But still.

But i have had more than a few customers employees and even a couple management types go all on and on and on about conspiracies. I cant figure out why but i guess its in my destiny. I must exude sone sort of psychic signal or something lol. I just walk down the street and have random conspiracy theorists start spouting off weird theories to me. Everything from how mitt romney rigged the election (lmfao) to nephilim living in deep underground military bases and the rothschilds.

My suggestion is that you ask her about her interests and then say this sentence: "i like to read conspiracy theories!". You probably will have to make up an excuse to leave like i often do or youll be there alllllll dayyyyyy talking about some crazy galactic federation of light 665 december 21st nephilim 12th imam mahdi bullshizzle.

I have buckets of random chemicals i "borrow" from work in my kitchen, does that make me a prepper lol? Why did I read this last post. I laughed so hard, I think I hurt myself.

edit on 6-12-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

That is too funny! If you said that to her, you would totally freak her out! ...lol!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

Originally posted by phroziac

I have buckets of random chemicals i "borrow" from work in my kitchen, does that make me a prepper lol?

Why did I read this last post. I laughed so hard, I think I hurt myself.

Meee Tooooo

Frankly, this is one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read...
Those guys talking about not wanting to say "...finishing my post on AboveTopSecret" cracked me up!

Look, a Star is not enough sometimes...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
should have mentioned it and told her your a member as well ... been a few times when been downriver on my annual trips and someone has noticed me surfing ats on my mobile while at a coffeeshop and once on train in china met another member of ats - we got to chatting after she saw was viewing ats my mobile ...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Just say that you noticed she was on ATS, and that you're a member! If you're worried about it, you can wait until after you get paid lol
edit on 6-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I always like your comments and ideas, Phroziac.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ha! This thread is funny! All I have to say is this:

What's up with the gang sign/hand shake? Are we doing this or what? It would be so awesome! We could have the ATS sign, when the sign is recognized, the hand shake is then initiated... Or we could issue super secret membership rings, so when you see the ring, you know to do the handshake... Anything? I seriously think we should devise a method of contact should our paths cross. I too have a hard time mentioning ATS to most people, in fact I refer to it as "the conspiracy site."

I wonder why people react the way they do to ATS. I can talk to some people about chem-trails or UFO's all day, but linking them here usually doesn't play well. It's almost like some people are willing to concider crazy theories but only if they can't possibly find truth in those theories. Or something to that affect. The topic could make a good thread...

Robb

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for her to post. 49 Flags and counting and very quickly too it seems. I remember it was at 15 earlier today when I made my Flag. Please, just climax already will ya! People are obviously waiting so please don't keep us in suspense. Just climax alright will you for the love of God

It's always good to see two people brought together by something they're both interested. Obviously he must have liked her else he wouldn't have made this thread. Seriously OP, I hope you end up going out on a date with her tomorrow night which just happens to be a Friday night.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Does it really matter if you're like minded? If you're getting paid to do the job who cares if shes a prepper? IMO prepping for disasters, manmade or otherwise is a waste of time. The odds that what you prepped for will be said disaster are pretty low.

All you need is guns.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Actually this is an easy one.....mention one of our more mundane concepts....like the volcano rumbling, just a mention....when she acts suprised or interested, say oh, saw it on this site 'ATS'...someone not in the know won't have a clue and will think it is a news site....ATS=ABC=KJZ and so forth......if she is actually a member and you didn't mistake it for facebook after being hot and bothered.....then she will immediately recognize you as own of her kind and open up......Did that at work two days ago.....my co-worker started a conversation and stressed 'i'm not a conspiracy guy'...i looked at him and thought that was odd, i thinks he protests to much, i said, 'well, i'm a conspiracy factist'.....he smiled, and then I mentioned ATS....he responded in kind, 'yep, love the site'.....we have been trading back and forth for the last two days.

Just dew it, no, dew it....just dew it

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Hi openyourmind,

I have to agree with the other ATS members, just openly ask her. I think she would be so at ease knowing that someone else understands.
I hope she replies, if she hasn't already. I feel like I have sand in my eyes, so I had to stop reading the replies.

Blessings,
yesterdaysreality
edit on 7-12-2012 by yesterdaysreality because: had to add a little more text

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There you go your 50th flag, it's a funny thread. I am wondering if she's already replied... Or maybe she'll run far far away. If I was her, I'd pretend I don't know what your talking about. But ya never know.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Redditors have an identification phrase. ATS needs one too.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I was just catching up on this thread and wanted to say sorry if my words came across as harsh, it wasn't my intention at all. Or maybe I was just being cranky this morning. I know what I was trying to say, but it did come across as rather rude. Either way, I apologize.

Looking forward to hearing what happens tomorrow. I hope all turns out well with both of you. Keep us posted.

And to the poster asking for pics of the bunker you are building me, I will get to that after it is completed
i kid

-OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
God, id be proud to meet another member face to face.....
My computer fixer is a lurker but hes the only person ive ever met live!
Dont be shy....we are all stuck on this planet together.....Introduce yourself fer petes sake.....maybe offer a few suggestions on the prep job.....i couldnt help myself....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

You are her...right?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

LMAO That would be mean!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join