It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A funny thing happened at Lowe's & It involves ATS. I need advice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Morning all. I have a small quandry I need help with. I do home renovations for a living. I'm at the Lowes or Home Depot 3 or 4 days a week. This past Sat, I was at my local Lowes Home Improvement store, trying to find a specific plumbing fitting. With no luck. As I was leaving the store i go down the electrical isle.

Here's where it all starts. I am approached by a woman that ask's me if I know anything about "motion sensors" and flood lights. Having done commercial, & residential electrical for 29 yrs, I said Sure do. I went on to show her her best option for what she said the lights would be needed for.

Not being one to miss the opportunity for a "new client" I gave her a business card. She called Sunday evening. I went over Monday and gave her an estimate. I started the work Tuesday morning. As I'm installing these flood lights, she ask's If I do carpentry, I say yes. Then we look at closing off a wall in the garage with a door into the house. I telll her I can do it and she say's ok.

Yesterday as I was coming into the kitchen. Her laptop was on the table. I could not help myself. I got a little closer to see what she was looking at. To my surprise...IT was ATS!! I say to my surprise because this lady does not look nor act like she would be into our site.

I got my water and went back to my work. Later she and I were talking and I was guestioning myself as to whether I should say I am a member and ask if she is. I decided I should not. I know she's a member, I'm pretty sure it was on the members screen and not the visitors screen. What should I do ATS? Stay anonymous. Or come up with a way to broach the question Are you a member?

I am pretty sure I'm building a prepper closet. Things in the garage gives this away.She also asked if when I was done if I could move some things from her storage space to this room. Do I let this woman know I am like minded? Or do I just stay quiet and let this take it's course? I will be back there tomorrow. I will let the community here at ATS guide me on this one.

Thanks in advance folks. OYM1262

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You may have just told her with this post!

I want to add, just ask her. If she is on ATS she obviously is one of those crazy conspiracy type of people that frequent the site.

No really, maybe just make a joke about needing to hurry up and finish your job before the 21st and see if she bites.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sure tell her, I bet you will be great pals

You can help her out with her preps and maybe if SHTF she would help you out too.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

My wife says you're fired! J/K

Yeah, bring it up by discussing what the work that you're doing for her is for. My wife cleaned a cabin for a guy from the Mpls two weeks ago. His cabin was out here in the country of NW Wis. She told me later that he had a load of jars stored in his basement and that he had tunnels throughout the house connecting rooms. She also said that out in the woods behind the house he had a partially built wigwam. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but then I went with her to get paid for the job a couple of days later and he was more than happy to discuss that he was a prepper getting ready for Dec. 21. You would never have suspected it by just meeting the guy. You'd be surprised how many there are out there and they want to talk. They want to know they are not alone!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes, you should tell her!

And by the way, I have some shelves I need built as well!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sounds like we need a ATS hand signal or trigger phrase.

I could use some roofing work as well.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
How could you not mention it...

I'll bet she has a hell of a story.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I am a pretty blundt person, so I would just ask if she's a member. I would say something like " I wasn't trying to be snoopy, but I noticed you were looking at ATS on your computer as I passed by. Are you a member?"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ok, this has got me thinking........(not always a good thing).

Why are we afraid to say we are on ATS to the general public? I mean I have no problem saying "be right there, I'm finishing up on Facebook." But I don't think I would tell my friends "hold on while I finish my post on Abovetopsecret.com". Why is that?

In fact, when the family is over I never leave ATS just opened on my screen.

(Sorry ATS owners, nothing personal.)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thescripter
Sounds like we need a ATS hand signal or trigger phrase.

Oooooh.....an ATS "gang sign". I love it!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
this is going to be interesting, i cant wait to see if she finds you on here.

i'm a self employed contractor too. maybe i should start advertising to build doomsday shelters.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dude, you just outed yourself. If she reads the forum, member or not, you just gave away who she is, and who you are relative to the situation.
You're busted.
LOL!

Might as well own up to it. If it were me, and I'd posted this thread, I'd wait to see if she mentions it....then you'll know.
Or, if she prefers to remain a lurker, she won't mention it. .... what are your usual topic/forums on here? She might already recognize you, or might float around with no clue about your activity here.

Ah well, a neighbor and member can be a good thing!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I say tell her who you are. Us wacked out conspiracy nut jobs need to stick together.

I need help with flooring.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You should be sly and just mention something conspiracy related. Spark it up without being like 'Peeked at your computer' haha

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Okay ATSers, own up, who of us is it???

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I do the same thing. The truth is, not everyone is ready for ATS. Including some of its members. I have family and friends who can't handle the "reality" they live in right now, let alone me hitting them with ATS.

I'm quite picky about who I mention ATS to.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Everyone that knows me knows I'm nuts, and I mention ATS to everyone, hell, I bought my gf onto ATS

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It is a forum, not the freemasons we are talking about here.

I thought most members wanted to bust these secret societies wide open, but it seems that most have an unconscious desire to remain secretive.

Tell her today!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm a businessman. I can't afford that kind of exposure. Some of my clients would not do well with this sites motto, let alone some of our discussions. Some of them would think our most conservative members were nutcases. Imagine what they would think of the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that she won't speak up on here now that you have outed her for building a doomsday shelter. Probably would have been better just to ask her outright, rather than tell everyone online her business. I know I would be pretty upset if I was paying someone to build me a safety room and they went out and told thousands of people about it. It's not really something you want others to know about. . If she sees this, you may have just lost some business.

~OkieDokie

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join