It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man says Orion is in the Wrong Place

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by twtankhamwn

but i noticed it a full three weeks early this year.

You looked later at night this year.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by wildespace
Many amateurs have Go-To telescopes. They align them to several known stars (like the North Star), and the automated mechanism can swing the telescope to any of the hundreds of famous targets, like the Orion. If anything had shifted, these telescopes would show the wrong part of the sky.

There wasn't any pole shift either, because the North Star is exactly where it's always been.

That the problem with those Go-To telescopes if you align them to a known stars (like the North Star), and the automated mechanism can swing the telescope to any of the hundreds of famous targets, like the Orion they position will be raletive to the north star.( so no change to see here)
What if the north star has change a few degree sence those Earth Quake.

I refer you then to my post back on page 6 here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW - to another post: if you could snap your fingers and magically teleport to Alpha Centauri over 4 light years away, if you were on a planet there and looked up at the night sky, you'd almost swear you were looking up at Earth's night sky, with the exception of a hand full of stars that happen to be very close to the Earth.
We have to travel quite far to make the constellations look very out of place, and strange looking too.

The solar system is moving at about 220 km/s and it takes us about 1,500 years to go 1 light year.

RE: earth's plate moving inches due to earthquakes, equaling 10th's of a degree in the alignment to Polaris.

This is true, but it won't cause some drastic perspective change of the constellation in the sky. The Orion constellation covers over 590 sq. degrees in the sky. That's a HUGE swath of sky that it covers. We could have a mega quake that shifts the physical spin axis of the earth by a whole foot and you won't see the difference in the sky with your eyes.

Again, the Earth has shifted so drastically on it's axis, you would not be getting you GPS to work, nor would satellite TV be working correctly.

I noticed how that was ignored.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If that was the case then ALL of the worlds "fixed" telescopes in observatories would not be aligned any more.
Even those little ones that amateur astronomers have built in their back yards.
Even the smaller ones where the mount is fixed in concrete, but the telescope is unpacked each night.

Every single last one of them would now, under your theory, not be aligned any more.

And just a reminder, last year we had a whole bunch of threads claiming the sun and/or moon were out of alignment as the dreaded Nibiru comet Elenin was approaching.

And yet, still not a single person who owns a telescope has noticed.
None of them.

Maybe, just maybe, things are in fact still in the expected places.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by wildespace
Many amateurs have Go-To telescopes. They align them to several known stars (like the North Star), and the automated mechanism can swing the telescope to any of the hundreds of famous targets, like the Orion. If anything had shifted, these telescopes would show the wrong part of the sky.

There wasn't any pole shift either, because the North Star is exactly where it's always been.

That the problem with those Go-To telescopes if you align them to a known stars (like the North Star), and the automated mechanism can swing the telescope to any of the hundreds of famous targets, like the Orion they position will be raletive to the north star.( so no change to see here)

I refer you then to my post back on page 6 here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW - to another post: if you could snap your fingers and magically teleport to Alpha Centauri over 4 light years away, if you were on a planet there and looked up at the night sky, you'd almost swear you were looking up at Earth's night sky, with the exception of a hand full of stars that happen to be very close to the Earth.
We have to travel quite far to make the constellations look very out of place, and strange looking too.

The solar system is moving at about 220 km/s and it takes us about 1,500 years to go 1 light year.

RE: earth's plate moving inches due to earthquakes, equaling 10th's of a degree in the alignment to Polaris.

This is true, but it won't cause some drastic perspective change of the constellation in the sky. The Orion constellation covers over 590 sq. degrees in the sky. That's a HUGE swath of sky that it covers. We could have a mega quake that shifts the physical spin axis of the earth by a whole foot and you won't see the difference in the sky with your eyes.

Again, the Earth has shifted so drastically on it's axis, you would not be getting you GPS to work, nor would satellite TV be working correctly.

I noticed how that was ignored.

Well they say it change
so their would be a small change on your mount

According to our calculations, the quake moved Earth's figure axis by about 3 inches (8 cm)," says geophysicist Richard Gross of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

phys.org...
www.nasa.gov...

I'm still looking for that GPS signal loss and realingment report I saw a few year back.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Well they say it change

No they don't. From your source:

Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it will not cause a shift of Earth's axis in space—only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets can do that.

www.nasa.gov...

There was theorectically a very slight movement of the Earth's figure axis. There was no change in the Earth's rotational axis. The Earth's tilt did not change.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Well they say it change

No they don't. From your source:

Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it will not cause a shift of Earth's axis in space—only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets can do that.

www.nasa.gov...

There was theorectically a very slight movement of the Earth's figure axis. There was no change in the Earth's rotational axis. The Earth's tilt did not change.

Sorry but a (wobble a bit differently as it rotates) is still a change small but still a change.
Now just add all those little wobble up.what do you get ( A personel responce from Phage )

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hmm maybe the planet didn't move, maybe the stars didn't move.. but maybe the planet bulged or caved in a little? then it would be different for him?

i saw a video about eskimos saying the sun was in a different place as well, not so recently

lol i won't believe/presume anything until i have more speculation.. he might just be cray

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Didn't the Recent planetary alignment of Saturn, Mars, and Venus exactly mimic the placement and angles of Orions Belt? They lined up with the pyramids on dec 3rd as well. Perhaps this man saw the rising planets and ASSUMED it was Orion.

I'd also like to mention, the constellations are not always in the exact same place in the sky. Earth moves, the solar system moves, as does our galaxy, as well the constellations move(although slowly).

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Now just add all those little wobble up.what do you get
You get an unnoticeable and barely measurable change in the rate of precession. You do not get a change in the Earth's tilt or a noticeable change the apparent location of the stars. The tilt of Earth's axis did not change. The stars are where they should be.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

LOL

That's pretty much the point of this entire thread: Would "scientists" come out in white lab coats to tell everybody that Orion is in the wrong place? I highly doubt it. If you are waiting on someone else to TELL you so you can believe, you are indeed lost.

Or would the data even be uploaded into popular star map programs? Again, I doubt it.

You have to remember science completely bases itself on being never-changing, therefore, if something changed that wasn't already explained by science, they wouldn't tell you. Everybody is so conditioned at this point, they will deny what they see with their own eyes until somebody tells them what to think about it.

Somebody else mentioned "Go learn from a book instead of a YouTube video." (paraphrase) First, I don't think anybody is learning from the videos so much as it's confirming their already existing belief about the matter. That is, afterall, why we watch YouTube videos (I know, for me) to have our reality reflected back to us so we know somebody else at least noticed what we noticed because without ONE other person, you will go insane and revert into fantastical delusions, like many of you already do (think man-on-a-deserted-island and why Castaway needed Wilson).

Also, the logic about "learning from a book" is flawed as well. Are you kidding me? Again, the book is going to teach you what about the stars and where they rise? Who learns from books when simple observation is available? I'll tell you who: sheep. Dumb, docile sheep who doubt themselves. If you're not using the brain that's in your head along with the senses attached to it, then you are literally a walking body... literally a zombie.

This IS the zombie apocalypse. Just because it doesn't look like what movies made up and fed to your eager mind, doesn't mean it's not happening. Why would it look like what they put in a movie? Are you dense? And wouldn't they put something so unrealistic in a movie so that you would be constantly looking for that and then never see it (or start to believe you're seeing signs of it! i.e. eating flesh, which just allows for MORE horrible crap to happen because you've already decided that as a reality in your mind, therefore, you made it possible), so therefore, think it's not occurring? It's the same as WWII propaganda and "how fascism looks." You've been taught to recognize something they completely pulled out of their asses and now that it's right here in your face, you can't even see it because you're searching for Obama or somebody to be heiling the people before and after his speeches... the same people, keep in mind, that were brainwashed into a false sense of pride through nationalism, which only caused racism (the original definition of the word, thanks), and gave those in charge the power to annihilate whoever they wanted and have absolute power under the guise it was the best thing for Germany.

Anyway, long story short: LOL.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

A rather gross error. The planetary conjunction (Mercury, Venus, Saturn) covered about 13º of arc. Orion's belt covers about 2.5º. The planets rose just before dawn. Orion rises a couple of hours after sunset.

No. He's just "confused".

edit on 12/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by celerygeneral

You do not understand, do you?

The "books" that you are scorning and laughing at, the "books" that the rest of us use that you call us "sheeple" for using are:

Right Ascension and Declination coordinates.

Those have not changed, in a very, very, very long time.

I find it highly ironic that the only people that keep insisting that things are different, that stars and constellations are not where they are suppose to be, that the moon and sun are not where they are suppose to be, are not any that are actual astronomers (Pros or amateurs) or astrophotographers.

Indeed. They are the ones on here saying nothing is wrong. The very people who have spend years and years observing things, recording data, and actually photographing the night sky. Some formally trained, others, nothing but hands on training and light reading, but years of experience.

Not one peep.

But, some guy "who has something wrong with his brain", others that claim to have watched the stars for years (yet do not seem to understand even the simplest things about astronomy), or those that use a lawn chair as a sextant for their heads are running to here to make claims that simply are not true.

Nothing is out of place. Nothing is at the wrong angle. Sorry if you don't believe me (or the many others that tell you this) and insist that you are remembering different.

Bring proof next time. Like actual photographic data showing that the RA and Dec coordinates are completely wrong.

Be much better "proof" than your memory.

In the mean while, those that do know what we are talking about will rely and depend on those "books" that you scorn, because the data and coordinates that lay within them match up completely to the engineered machined gears and optics that we use.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No. There are literally millions of astronomers all over the world and none of the others are complaining.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hate to be pedantic, but these do change very slightly.
The first star atlas I had was a 1950 epoch version (Nortons), then some years ago I got a 2000 epoch version (Tirions) and I suppose some years from now I'll buy another (2050 epoch) star atlas.

But yes, the changes are so small that its only pedantic astronomers like me who know, and this has nothing to do with some mentally ill guy saying Orion is off target.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Hate to be pedantic, but these do change very slightly.
The first star atlas I had was a 1950 epoch version (Nortons), then some years ago I got a 2000 epoch version (Tirions) and I suppose some years from now I'll buy another (2050 epoch) star atlas.

But yes, the changes are so small that its only pedantic astronomers like me who know, and this has nothing to do with some mentally ill guy saying Orion is off target.

I consider 60 years a long time. However, while yes they have changed, the amount that they have changed is small enough to not be detected by the human eye unaided, until you increase the amount of time beyond one human's life time (IE no one on this board is several human lifespands old enough to remember changes with their eyes alone).

However, epoch changes to the RA / Dec coordinates does not invalidate the following statement:

Everything is where it should be, has been, and will been in the near future.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Lots of people are making similar claims - that stars are in the wrong place, that the sun / moon don't rise in the same places that they normally do on the same day of the year.

Maybe there's something to this - starting to become too many reports to ignore.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Lots of people are making similar claims - that stars are in the wrong place, that the sun / moon don't rise in the same places that they normally do on the same day of the year.

Maybe there's something to this - starting to become too many reports to ignore.

Yes there definitely seems to be something to this and to be honest I don't particularly care for it. A bunch of baseless claims solely supported by anecdotal delusion. This should be a simple thing to verify if true but it's not true so it can't be verified.

The reports aren't being ignored, they're being debunked.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

The problem is that lay people are the ones making these claims. The only thing they offer up as proof that something is not in the right place is based upon their eye sight and memory.

That's not good enough.

Burden of proof lays with those making the claims that things are not in the right place.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have been watching Orion, the Moon and many other celestial bodies... MANY things are not "in the right place". This is due to Earth changing so quickly, the entire rotation of the Earth is changing. I lived in the country for 2010-2012.. a huge field as my backyard, no light pollution.. I have star gazed ever since I was a child.. Things are changing in the skies, which only mirrors to mean that Earth's position has changed significantly.

Its hard to notice this stuff when you live in society/ a city and you do not pay so much attention to the night sky like I do. Ive seen many things that your human science cant explain (yet). . and Ive watched these constellations change opposite sides of the sky within a few days. The moon as well.

Another constellation I keep an eye on is 'Ursa Major'. It has changed as well as Orion. Its not the these stars changed, but Earths position has. So I cant 1000% vouch for what the OP is saying, Ive been telling people this for a couple years now.

I guess we will wait and see what it means for Earth

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I noticed it too, as Orion's belt used to rise right over a pair of fer trees we have in our back yard, now I notice it about 10 degrees to the right of that.

Though, I only started noticing it in September and the change back in November and do not watch it every night.

I didn't think to much of it with the tilt of the earth with it's movement around the sun, just thought it was a natural occurrence. Guess I should look it up a bit to double check.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join