It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man says Orion is in the Wrong Place

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Myths for the Constellation Orion

Cultures worldwide had myths about the constellation Orion. He was the Stormy One, the First Slim One, as well as the cold and Chinook winds.

Read more at Suite101: Myths for the Constellation Orion | Suite101 suite101.com...

link   
it would be nice if someone in here could explain if this is really possible.

actually i'm going to buy my fist telescope next week maybe in the future i can start debunking cases like this on my own.

link   
The earth changed seasons. I have gazed at the stars for years. The first time I noticed a change I was a little confused my self.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sagitaris
poles are changing rapidly allowing the earth to have an altered rotation.

Those are magnetic poles and are irellevant to this

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
He said he has lived in that trailer for 12 years, then ten years. No wonder he has went bananas.

You would go bananas to.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The most wondrous sight anyone who can afford a modest sized telescope will ever see is Orion.
An eight inch will allow you to penetrate Orions depths.
When the clouds part on a still night the ultimate climax is Orion.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness
An eight inch will allow you to penetrate Orions depths.
When the clouds part on a still night the ultimate climax is Orion.

Woah. Space is dirty.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I didn't know where to post this so I chose a topic with space in it,
har,

This man claims Orion is in the wrong place, he does say he had a problem with his brain for the last few days.

Is it possible for a constellation to change and the rest of the sun moon and stars to remain in the same place?

youtu.be...

enjoy

I have been seeing the constellation of Orion rising from this back yard for 12 years. I know exactly where it should rise from where I stand. THE CONSTELLATION OF ORION IS IN THE WRONG PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went out with my compass and saw that Orion is at least 25 degrees off of it's normal rising spot

Please don't shoot the messenger.

edit on 073131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

as an aside Kepler who was credited with discovering astrology was taking haluconogenics and went Astral traveling with a demon or Inorganic being if you have read Carlos Castenada,

All the famous people that they say invented this or that are Occultists

you can read a lot about this on theflatearthsociety.org

We are all about to wake up soon are you ready for it?
edit on 6-12-2012 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahlv
actually i'm going to buy my fist telescope next week maybe in the future i can start debunking cases like this on my own.

I would actually suggest a person's first telescope is a pair of binoculars.

See halfway down this page...
Your first piece of essential astronomy gear: binoculars

And as they say, even if you do decide to get a telescope anyway, ALSO make sure you have some good binoculars.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Orion should not be in the wrong place, it cant "move" or teleport to another part in the cosmos . If his vantage point sees that Orin has changed position this could imply either....

1. The earths rotation is off on its axis ( of course many others would notice )

2. Someone is playing some sort of joke and has moved his trailer ?

3. He is just trolling for views / attention

take your pick

edit on 6-12-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
lol!

Thats about all I have to say to this thread.. Unless orion is actually a UFO that's been camouflaged as a constellation for all this time...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Its a pisstake, John Goodman in that video having some fun with us.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I really hope I can figure out how to put up a pic here! Anyway, should my links work, the diagrams show the distance of the stars relative to how we perceive them from observing from Earth, the stars are not anywhere near each other, thus, would be a MEGA Miracle if all were to tilt at the precise moment so as to stay together as a still Earthly observable group...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Is there anyone who knows a person in New Zealand they can ask? The New Zealanders should know about being in the wrong place.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Yeah well, it was in the right place last night from my vantage point. Always makes it's way straight over from the back of the house.
Don't really know what that old codgers been smoking..

Anyway, we will know if anythings amiss come Christmas day, if the constellations are off Santas going to get seriously lost.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedtek
I work at an observatory, the software used for telescope pointing was written over 10 years ago. When I tell the telescope to go to any star in Orion, it lands dead center on it. The same can be said for any amateur "go-to" type telescope.

If Orion was moving position in the sky (and it does move, but only in a cosmological time frame, aka millions of years) every one of these scopes would be off and trust me, it would be noticed.

I think he's been standing too close to the microwave.

To do this what point do you start from?

If its from a star & you tell the telescope to move so far it will still take you to the right place. Can you please check the cordinance now & previous?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Many people out there still use a equaltorial mount that is not computer controlled at all.

Here is a picture of one:

How this works:

Once you have the mount set up outside, and leveled (most come with a bubble level on the mount, and the legs of the tripod adjust), you then use the very small telescope that is built into the mount to align the mount with the Earth's rotational axis. We do this by pointing that small telescope at the north star, Polaris. Here is a picture of where that is on the mount:

In the picture above, the red arrows are showing you where the aligning scope is and the direction you look into it (there is a cover on the eye piece part of it).
The green circle is showing the part you adjust to align the mount to the north star.
In order to do that, you have to know your Latitude and Longitude of where you are, and that will tell you how many degrees to adjust in elevation to align to the north star.

Once you have done that, you then adjust the telescope's Right Ascension and Declination adjustments to go to an object in the sky:

The blue circle in the above picture is the Declination. The red circle is the Right Ascension.

If the Earth has moved (IE pole shift, etc), then when we go to align to Polaris (the north star) the angle of elevation for that adjustment would be off by many degrees. Meaning when we look up what it's suppose to be for our latitude and longitude it would be wrong, and Polaris would not show up in the aligning scope at all. We'd have to adjust for it, and would see that our telescope is off by many degrees, which would raise a lot of red flags for us astronomers.

But I'm happy to report that so far none of us have had to do this, and Polaris is right where it is suppose to be.

Here is some food for thought for those of you out there that keep insisting that the Earth has pole shifted, is pole shifting, etc, etc:

If the Earth's crust were to shift so that the north pole is no longer where it is suppose to be, you will suddenly no longer be able to have the following:

GPS
Satellite TV
Cable TV

(there are several other things too, but most people have these things, or know someone that does).

Cable TV is listed because the cable companies use satellite farms to get the signals from satellite TV, combine it, and send it to you through the cable network.

You see, if the Earth's poles (crustal poles) were to shift, we would move, but those satellites won't. They'll still be in the same place.
If you had Direct TV or The Dish, you'd suddenly loose the signal, and would not be able to get it back, without having to go outside and literally move your satellite dish (and if our crust moved too much, even that would not do you any good).

If you had a Tom-Tom or Garmin in your car and asked it the directions to your local Walmart, it would try to send you to the Grand Canyon, Brazil, Paris, or god knows where, because your position on the Earth is now completely different than where the GPS satellite network says you should be.

Even a shift of just 5 degrees would make you loose your TV, or have your GPS trying to make you take a left turn into a building.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The telescope we use is mounted at a fixed polar position. This means that the mount is set to point at Polaris, and any alignment or pointing depends on that. If any calibration adjustment is made to re-center a star, the star in question would drift out of the field of view if the polar alignment was bad (if the stars were not in the right position from a change in the Earth's position).

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

To me it's strange that most ancient cultures combined the same groups of stars together to make their constellations. Different names but basically the same combinations.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join