It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man says Orion is in the Wrong Place

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
well i'm gonna post this and know that i'll catch three kind of ridicule.

my family and my self have lived on the same piece of property for all most forty years.
my parent's house faces due west, mine due east. now i first noticed what i going to talk about a few years back.

the part of the property that my parents house is on has two southern yellow pines, that are about 50yards apart. when i was a kid, my brothers and i use to watch for when the sun went down between them and knew it was time to go in. sometimes our folks would have us all go out and watch the sun go down.

all through the year you could watch as the sun traveled between the two and see the seasons go by, and during the summer you could almost set your watch from the the sun moved in-between the top of the trees.

well one morning i woke up and noticed that the way the sun shined through the window looked different.
didn't think much of at first, then as the week went on i kept on noticing it. so i started watching where the sun would rise in the mornings, saw that it was more to the south than i remembered.

then i thought about the two trees so i started going over to my parents yard and watching the sun sets and sure enough it has moved further to the south. well as time has went on i have watched the sun move further south over years.now its not even between the trees any more.

and it moved the most right after the earthquake in japan. i know i've read all the science, and they tell me that it didn't move enough to notice. to that i say bullsh@@.
but if science is repeatable observations, i got over almost 40years worth that say their wrong, to bad i didn't document it. but wait i think i have pictures from when i was young, if not i know my mom does. gonna have to get them and see.

oh and if you think i'm nuts here is a link to nasa that says the earth has moved at least three time after earthquakes. but as always they basically tell you that it's nothing, and not to worry.

Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis

i've often wondered if that is why that they changed daylight savings time, that was during when i first noticed the difference in the suns position.

edit on 6-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Yet another thread where people decide to put the brains in neutral.

a welcome change from the past 16 weeks of full gear at the university.

ATS has been a lot more fun than usual. are we all just letting it "all hang out"?

I am liking neutral-mode.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I also noticed that the constellation of Orion looked tilted last night.

What with all the high pitched noises, booms, and low drones, I didn't think much of it. The picture I drew in 2010 is starting to make more sense now I reckon. I still don't know who was moving the pencil, because it wasn't even my style.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It seems to be in the same place I remember it being for my whole life.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
I also noticed that the constellation of Orion looked tilted last night.

What with all the high pitched noises, booms, and low drones, I didn't think much of it. The picture I drew in 2010 is starting to make more sense now I reckon. I still don't know who was moving the pencil, because it wasn't even my style.

So the pyramid is a time travel/teleportation device?

I knew it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now kids, see what happens when you try to think and figure things out for yourself? You feel sick in the head like that fellow. Just use stellarium or some other program to get the info, "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true".
Quite frankly if you haven't noticed by now you probably never will, either way this guy speaks the truth and it's getting worse.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmm lots of "I remember it being here"

How can you guys remember that it's always been in the exact same spot without documentation? How do you know that your frame of remembering hasn't changed due to never thinking about Orions change in position?

So instead of bashing the guy how about someone posts some documentation showing Orion has been in the same location for X amount of years.

With The Precession of the Equinox Id like to know how this isn't possible.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

There are hundreds of posts just like yours on the internet, I suggest you do a google search for sun in wrong window or something similar. Ignore the barrage of nonsense you'll see here and validate your observation by seeing how many others have noticed the same thing.
Also, there is a LOD or "length of day" problem but no real answers (surprise) for the next week or so take note of the sunrise, sunset times in your area and see how much they differ from the almanac.
This giant freight train has no steering wheel so all we can do is enjoy the view and realize how lucky we are to see all this in one lifetime.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Maybe Aliens created humans to use our brains as batteries. Maybe in reallity all our brains are sitting in a big tank with no bodies attached and we only THINK we are in a real Universe. The aliens feed us bad data like Orion being in the wrong place to spur more brain thinking giving them extra power output.

LOL.....Come on...the thread started with a guy who claimed to have brain problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I'm glad someone has their head on right.

I've personally noticed this. And keep in mind that I myself do not have documentation. But I am not sitting here bashing someone like in OP's video. I believe that it is very possible.

1. Moon nearly did a 180 in the night sky within a day around early November.
2. The time of day seems very off for where I live (Southern Maine). I noticed that the sunrise isn't always the same and that the sunset is very early, Almost like the winter solstice. I always feel real tired earlier now.
3. My cats are shedding like it's Spring/Summer. And I am getting allergies as if it's not even winter. My allergies usually happen in Spring/Summer.
4. The temperature on some days feels like it's spring. The days that it's cold out it's usually very overcast and rains.
5. Not any amount of significant snow in the last 2 years. Although it has been Colder on certain days there really isn't that much snow. Especially for Maine.

Obviously something is changing. Whether people want to get off the high horse and see it for them self is their issue.

Shame on me for not documenting and studying the night sky in previous years. But something just doesn't feel right.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Lol you never know...

I've been having these weird thoughts lately...

Like is any of this real?

Or not..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
someone messed with the computer program running the projector again. Gees, I hate when that happens. It was probably that guy with the two antennas again, now what was his name? Rudolf, that's his name, why did they hire someone with a clown nose to do the programing........Well it's better than that Tasmanian devil they hired to control the weather five years ago. Why did they hire someone who likes to spin tornadoes to look after the weather.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

My thoughts exactly. We're the ones hurtling 65,000 miles an hour through space. The stars are quite stationary.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It was actually an ancient, gigantic spacr tanker that had been abandoned a million years ago. The galactic federation of light has just finished rebuilding the small block chevy 350 cubic inch warp drive engine and are now driving it to our sun to finish refueling the sun with hydrogen.

Seriously though. Guy probably is new to astronomy and is trying to locate orion by looking for objects that move faster in the sky like a planet or even supposedly geostationary sattelites (they do go missing from time to time, even though they should always be in the same spot). If orion actually moved, lots of people would notice.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BrieBird

My thoughts exactly. We're the ones hurtling 65,000 miles an hour through space. The stars are quite stationary.

Pretty sure everything is moving in the Universe. It's actually amazing, if you think about it, that there is any predictability over the long term. They say we're headed into a dense gas cloud (our whole solar system) so don't we swirl a little when that happens or slow down our transit relative to the spin of our system? What, we just plow on through, always at the same exact speed, full steam ahead no matter what? See that's just kind of hard to imagine, really! What happened to cause and effect?
edit on 12/6/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
well, for starters, happyness is neither in the mind nor the body. when the mind is quite motionless(very difficult without training), the spirit is easily reflected so to speak, and happiness is experienced. it also occurs for a brief time when something sort after is obtained. only to be disturbed by the next thought.

johan friede prophecied about 750 years ago that the constellation orion would approach our sun, maybe its on the way.

its worth noting also that the bible states that the heavens will be rolled up like a scroll.

many believe the universe is a hologram, so anything is possible. its very exciting!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Its not as dense as you think. Its still a vacuum......but perfect vacuums never exist according to quantum physics. Its dense for being in deep space, yeah, but its not dense in any earthly measurement.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
poles are changing rapidly allowing the earth to have an altered rotation.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I work at an observatory, the software used for telescope pointing was written over 10 years ago. When I tell the telescope to go to any star in Orion, it lands dead center on it. The same can be said for any amateur "go-to" type telescope.

If Orion was moving position in the sky (and it does move, but only in a cosmological time frame, aka millions of years) every one of these scopes would be off and trust me, it would be noticed.

I think he's been standing too close to the microwave.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting post everybody.

Stars for everyone

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join