It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man says Orion is in the Wrong Place

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well elsewhere online, regarding this, someone disproved Orion moved in relation to the surrounding stars but then found that Polaris was out, after very careful calculations that always work precisely up until very recently, that there was 6 arcminutes difference or basically 1/10th of a degree, which would mean everything including Orion would be out. He is going to double check this again.

So the most that could be out is 1/10th of a degree very recently, and that may just be equipment error.

If it was out 1/10th of a degree, wouldn't that be very insignificant unless something is just beginning to change. If its completed its change, that wouldn't do anything. If that is all 2012 is, well????

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I hate to put myself out there and say this, but I said the same thing to my sister a month ago. I said "I've always looked for Orion in the night sky. It just seems like it's in a different place. I'm sure it's my imagination."

Just imagine my surprise at seeing this thread and being associated with this dude!

That's all I've got to say about that!

Neat, don't you love when that happens

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well elsewhere online, regarding this, someone disproved Orion moved in relation to the surrounding stars but then found that Polaris was out, after very careful calculations that always work precisely up until very recently, that there was 6 arcminutes difference or basically 1/10th of a degree, which would mean everything including Orion would be out. He is going to double check this again.

So the most that could be out is 1/10th of a degree very recently, and that may just be equipment error.

If it was out 1/10th of a degree, wouldn't that be very insignificant unless something is just beginning to change. If its completed its change, that wouldn't do anything. If that is all 2012 is, well????

I noticed that, post

thanks unity

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
Lets play a little devils advocate here. Those of you saying not possible are forgetting something very, very critical. We are still monkeys. We don't know everything. For example, a mechanoid race of alien intelligence might be pulling that cluster of stars away for a reason. Neither you or I can prove or disprove what I just said, and that is what makes it naive to boldly state that something like OP is not possible. Improbable based on our current understanding, but our current understanding changes every week, drastically lately.

Maybe they are ships.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

When we line up stars with our horizon, we are using "parallax shift" to spot changes in the heavens. A change of a few metres on a hillside a mile away would equate to millions of miles of movement in space.

I don't think Orion has moved millions of miles relative to us, but it does strongly point towards a shift in our solar system position.

Since our solar system orbit takes us 4.7 billion miles a year (relative to the galactic core), a deflection of our orbit may be the reason for the change.

I'm going to sound very crazy here, but Orion appears to be zooming in and out, as it might do if our solar system was spiralling in orbit with a similar sized mass...

Could this be Sirius pulling us back and forth? Or another nearby star? (I wasn't going to mention Nibiru but, what if?)

I've just returned from South Thailand where I could still see Orion high in the sky on clear nights for most of November.
To say this was unexpected would be an understatement.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
so, not so sure about Orion being in the wrong place but I did notice the big dipper looked EXTREMELY close last night. Also the shadow on the moon last night was almost horizontal. Ive never in my life seen it like that.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've been looking up at the stars my whole life and I actually agree with buddy in the video... Sort of... I pay close attention to the position of certain constellations including Orion. I've been trying to see if I can measure the wobble of the earth. I've been taking measurements for almost 8 years now and I have concluded that YES! Orion has shifted 1.4deg SSW over the past 8 years! Definitely not 25deg overnight... I think this guys brain is just messing with him. Or, he stumbled into a wormhole that brought him from his universe to our parallel.. This could explain the increadable difference in position....

Robb

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Anybody considered his compass may be broken?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nothing has moved at all.
Everything is where it is expected to be.
There is far too much high tech equipment at very low cost available to budget astronomers to hide ANY CHANGES in the stars. Plus there are far too many amateur astronomers with professional equipment and connections in the industry to have the wool pulled over their eyes.

I hate to put it this way but it's all in your heads.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These sort of threads always worry me.

THINK! You're not stupid. You can think for yourselves. Honest, you can.

If Orion is in the wrong position as viewed from one place on Earth, shouldn't it be in the wrong position as viewed from every single other place on Earth? So is it? Look out tonight and tell. I know it's been rising exactly where it should be as seen from Evesham in England - and I've been watching the stars for 40 years so I do know what I'm looking at.

Obviously this guy is either lying, or he's mistaken.

(same with Sun, Moon etc rising/setting in wrong place etc)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't think a poor little man in a caravan would be the only person to notice such a monumental shift. I believe that he thinks he's right but come on, it hasn't moved for 99.999999999999... % of the rest of us. Interesting that he can think such a thing, why he thinks it is an interesting question. And yes, there have been theories that parts of the constellation are craft but that doesn't tally with such a huge shift.

I praise him for posting it, he's obviously convinced and upset by it. Peace.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yet another thread where people decide to put the brains in neutral.

If this was true then all those lovely telescopes with computerised control would all end up pointing at blank space ! All those apps on the net and on phones would show things in the wrong place.

Now get this : all the astrologers would be shouting from the roof tops ! WOW . Think about it a mumbo jumbo prediction industry proves the science of astronomy ! (by being silent)

yeah right! Orion has moved

edit on 6/12/2012 by yorkshirelad because: clarification

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So here we have a guy that lives in a trailer that has recently had a "brain" problem (i.e CRAZY PERSON)

He says that he has watched it for 12 years then a minute later its 10 years.

Maybe his trailer got moved by the wind, he fell over and banged his head and now Orion has moved

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Maybe his trailer got moved by the wind, he fell over and banged his head and now Orion has moved

Well the ground moving is another explanation, since he does seem to base most of his opinion on the side of his trailer. Maybe the trailer itself was moved too and of course maybe the earth axis changed/is changing.

The idea of all 3 seem in the realm of possibilities
The position of the stars obviously changes over a long period of time, this is what "ages" are based upon and the Mayan calender resetting is based on the age changing to the next.

Apocalyptic or not, if our finding on Mayan calculations are right, we would be starting a new age in just a couple of days.

Who knows if the earth axis moving into another position is gradual or drastic?
My guess would be gradual towards the extremities and faster in the median.

Maybe when the earth is in the middle of it's "sine" pattern, big changes happen?
Just trying to stay open here, sorry if my terms seems confusing I'm not a professional, I'm just theorizing.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Very interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing this OP! I automatically thought of an Edgar Cayce article I read a while back as soon as I read your thread: Axis Pole Shift (No doom and gloom here by the way)

Here is a visual representation of what they say may happen or be happening:

"The north pole of Earth's spinning axis points to a star, considered the Pole Star. According to Edgar Cayce, we are about to see a change in our Pole Star, from Polaris to Vega. In Ancient Egypt, the Pole Star was Thuban. This marks a move into a new era, new age."

Maybe that's what's happening, or maybe not. I truly do not know for sure but is still quite intriguing nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This man claims Orion is in the wrong place,

I saw Orion the night before last.
Its position was perfectly normal.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You know... Last week I was standing in my backyard waiting for my dogs to handle their business, and I looked up at the stars like I always do, and I thought that Orion looked kind of strange. I have always enjoyed looking at Orion, but it seemed to be too high in the sky for how early it was. I don't know about the degrees of it, but it did look strange and out of place to a certain extent. I dismissed it and went back inside, but now having seen this post I am starting to wonder.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Not possible.

oh its possible ...

maybe you meant not probable..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas
It would be possible if they wern´t stars and was something else. All I know is what scientists and astronomers says to me, I have never seen the "stars" in Orions belt up close in a scope for myself, and therefor I can not say if they are or aren´t stars.

Sirius isn't no damn star, that's all I know for sure.

But I've been watching Orion rise the past few weeks and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary there. Granted, I really haven't kept track of it's location closely.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm like 100% sure that if I use my night sky app tonight it will show Orion exactly where its supposes to be. But I'll double check anyways. Haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join