It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man says Orion is in the Wrong Place

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by WaKingLieFE
No.

The earths axis is tilting.

Tilting relative to what? The Sun and Moon are where they belong.

Polaris

by a very small degree
edit on 6-12-2012 by WaKingLieFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Thus why he is here asking questions

Very interesting stuff, would be nice if there was some good evidence of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas
A "far out there" - theory:

Maybe when the Pyramids of Giza and the three "stars" in the belt of Orion came to an aligment the other day, the pyramids in Giza sent a signal to the "stars", activating them, and are now set their destination for earth, 21 dec.

And I base this theory on absolutely nothing

hehe

edit on 6-12-2012 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

Cool

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh BTW. After watching this video I happened to venture over to GLP and the first thread I saw was about this very thing, some good points.

I don't know if I can link it from this site but if you want to check it out, the title of the thread is "Axial rotation measurement anomaly"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Is it possible for a constellation to change and the rest of the sun moon and stars to remain in the same place?

Not to shoot the messenger but if you need to ask the above question maybe you should be doing some research on the cosmos, solar system and our place in it. Possibly from a book and not getting your info from youtube videos.

Just have fun with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No.

Polaris

by a very small degree

That's not a solution for the proposed problem.

He's claiming Orion is off by about 25(?) degrees.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I am 52 years old.. Astronomy/astrology is my hobby, gazing at stars as long as I remember, nothing changed as far as I concern. What is happen to the guy in video is just a beer talk.

Get him more beers and he would see the Orion somewhere else.

link   
I doubt an entire constellation moves anywhere, relative the view from earth anyway. The stars aren't a tiled backdrop. They aren't painted on a wall. Observing Orion shifting 25 degrees relative to the rest of the sky is like standing at the 5 yard line at your favorite football stadium and watching the snack-bar and the bathroom behind you shift themselves down into the visiting teams end-zone.

I think the keywords here are "something wrong with my brain."

link   
Orion? Just tell me if the Big Dipper is still in the same place.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There are eight stars that Make the most reconizable pattern for Orion. One of the stars is actually a Nebula. A Nebula is a cluster of stars and gases. If orion did move its position and everything else stayed in place it would mean that all the stars that make the constellation would have to move a great distance in the same direction at time. not possable!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by georgeandrew
There are eight stars that Make the most reconizable pattern for Orion. One of the stars is actually a Nebula. A Nebula is a cluster of stars and gases. If orion did move its position and everything else stayed in place it would mean that all the stars that make the constellation would have to move a great distance in the same direction at time. not possable!!!!

Somebody should tell him.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I am thinking happiness comes from the mind not the body?

Both. For example, if your body is in pain, it doesn't make a difference how happy your mind is - you still hurt!

As to this thread, i also like this guy. At least he is honest, which must put him in a serious minority for Youtube! That said, i don't believe a word of it! As others have noted, why isn't everything else out of place?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

No.

Polaris

by a very small degree

That's not a solution for the proposed problem.

He's claiming Orion is off by about 25(?) degrees.

Yeah, it's an absurd claim of ignorance.

Think about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WaKingLieFE

So what is your point about the Earth's axis tilting? You seemed to be offering an explanation for the YouTuber's claim.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Many amateurs have Go-To telescopes. They align them to several known stars (like the North Star), and the automated mechanism can swing the telescope to any of the hundreds of famous targets, like the Orion. If anything had shifted, these telescopes would show the wrong part of the sky.

There wasn't any pole shift either, because the North Star is exactly where it's always been.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Please don't shoot the messenger.

On the contrary: I want to thank you. I've been looking for an excuse to put this in an ATS response for a while:

Re: The OP video...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Stars and planets take thousands of years, probably more, to move. The stars are probably in the same spot now as they were when the great pyramids in Egypt were built.

I look at the stars all the time. I love watching the sky. But I also know your eyes play tricks on you. Some stars look like they are flickering when you watch them. Some satellites look like stars as they orbit the planet.

Also, at least in my part of the world, Orion is not as easily seen here in the winter as it is the summer. Of course this is all assuming Orion is made of stars...I think it is, but that all depends on who you talk to.
edit on 6-12-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this guy, i think is getting the peaks of the mountains mixed up, the peak where he said it used to rise, looks alomst the same as the peak where he says it is rising, more likely, he moved his trailer, doesn't remeber, and now thinks the constellation has moved.

the simplest answer, is often the correct answer

just my opinion

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I hate to put myself out there and say this, but I said the same thing to my sister a month ago. I said "I've always looked for Orion in the night sky. It just seems like it's in a different place. I'm sure it's my imagination."

Just imagine my surprise at seeing this thread and being associated with this dude!

That's all I've got to say about that!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Lets play a little devils advocate here. Those of you saying not possible are forgetting something very, very critical. We are still monkeys. We don't know everything. For example, a mechanoid race of alien intelligence might be pulling that cluster of stars away for a reason. Neither you or I can prove or disprove what I just said, and that is what makes it naive to boldly state that something like OP is not possible. Improbable based on our current understanding, but our current understanding changes every week, drastically lately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join