It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The diminishing Republican brand.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i really hope that true conservatives in the USA will use the 2012 election to realize that they have been misled by their handlers... a conservative movement that favored foreign wars and big money bailouts? sounds oxymoronic... a political party with a religious agenda? sounds like murky constitutional waters at best.. yet these postiions, and others, were sold as "conservative" to generally ignorant though well meaning people...

and once the audience was captivated, they were held captive by false issues like gay marriage...
it will destroy the sanctity of marriage... as if the sanctity of marriage is the kind of red hot political issue that a nation AT WAR should entertain... as if sanctity can be politically addressed at all...

but because a few rich media pwners are a lot louder than a few regular guys... well a bunch of fake non issues got laid on the people, and it didnt work this time... Im thrilled personally unless the red folk MISS THIS CHANCE to see the machine that misled them for what it is, a non conservative movement that has been dishonest about its intent.. its intent is not to benefit americans, but to benefit the shareholders of certain multinational companies...

so to the true conservatives, please show us a small gov, pro constitution, group that doesnt want to interfere in other nations or tell me about jesus.. heck maybe id sign up,

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

The MSM is propping up the Left/Right Hegelian paradigm. It would be foolish to not admit that it's on the Democrat side as well. CNN and MSNBC are as full of puppets as it gets. The Elite are the puppeteers and we all know this on some level.
I hope that liberals come to understand just how much they have been snuckered with UN Agenda 21 and all the fake concern for the environment the Elites are using to trick people into following their plans. They will take away what's still left of our freedoms, unless we put a stop to it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by uwascallywabbit

Whoever said the conservatives favored the baillouts? It is truly amazing to see otherwise intelligent people bashing the Tea Party who were the only freaking ones who opposed the baillouts. The OWS wanted more baillouts in the form of student loan forgiveness. It's just more of what they supposedly hated only they wanted some for themselves. In the end, the motives come out.
The Communist Party marched with OWS and it was the Tea Party opposing Big Govt spending who got vilified.

Don't forget, we were told by the banks and the media that everything would collapse if we didn't do all these baillouts. Remember how Lehman Bros, AIG, and Fannie/Freddie were going to completely collapse our whole economy and the rest of the world too if we didn't? That was freaking blackmail from all the Elites left AND right. And the Obama camp went for the auto baillouts too. And don't forget that Obama's money was invested in BP Oil which his fund management group dumped PRIOR to the disaster and Obama is going to end up with 85 million off that deal.

People really need to get a grip on the scope of this thing.

I still have my Tea Party signs that said BAILLOUT LADY LIBERTY and BAILLOUT the CONSTITUTION. and another one that had more controversial stuff about the NWO on it.
They are giant signs too, printed at Kinkos,
edit on 7-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

and once the audience was captivated, they were held captive by false issues like gay marriage...

I guess you didn't notice that the Democrats made subsidized contraception and abortion the centerpiece of their party platform....lol but whatever, you will see things the way you see them.

Oh yah and the Democrats tried to put God back in their platform but the radicals yelled NO three times.

as if the sanctity of marriage is the kind of red hot political issue that a nation AT WAR should entertain...

Funny how none of this stopped Obama from playing golf whenever he felt like it. A lot of people speculated he was out on the golf course when they dragged him in to watch Bin Ladin getting assassinated.

so to the true conservatives, please show us a small gov, pro constitution, group that doesnt want to interfere in other nations

mmmhmmmm, Obama sure showed us how anti war he was when he went into Libya bombing for humanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I guess you didn't notice that the Democrats made subsidized contraception and abortion the centerpiece of their party platform....lol but whatever, you will see things the way you see them.

Oh yah and the Democrats tried to put God back in their platform but the radicals yelled NO three times.

as if the sanctity of marriage is the kind of red hot political issue that a nation AT WAR should entertain...

Funny how none of this stopped Obama from playing golf whenever he felt like it. A lot of people speculated he was out on the golf course when they dragged him in to watch Bin Ladin getting assassinated.

This is one of those, "soo insane it can't be true" posts that again illustrates just how for gone the right is...

As I am saying to all of you though:

Please please please continue to make social issues and religion your main election issues... please...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Don't be silly Lost Brother. The Democrats are very into social issues. They made gay marriage an issue and you know it! They demanded it for the military. They demanded the Catholics pay for contraceptives. They put Sandra Fluke up on stage to promote free contraception. They put NARAL up on stage.

Please stop with the tunnel vision mkay!

What you really mean to say is the Democrats want what they want and how dare conservatives disagree!

But ok I will concede I don't know if Obama was playing golf the day they took out Bin Ladin.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
my representative Senator Jim DeMint, in SC, is resigning his office
www.democratichub.com...

click the article:" Jim DeMint to resign to head Heritage Foundation "

I wonder if this points to a sign that the Republicans are going to dig in these next couple of years and not work with the President at all.
Will they prefer gridlock over working with the President and the Senate democrats for the greater good of the nation?

i think he is jumping ship now--- to avoid the coming PURGE of anti-Øbama party members/Republicans

the start of the 'silent Purge' was the ouster of the anti-Øbama military Generals/Admirals etc
the next level of Purgings... are to be the opposition Party legislators

Amerikan- dystopia is hidden right in front of our eyes
edit on 7-12-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

It would be none too soon to stop funding the indoctrination of the children and youth with secular humanism and a godless society with godless moral relativity. I'm all for defunding this monstrostiy. At least they should go back to the real basics instead of all that crazy values clarification and behavior modification.
We need real change in the education system, not just throwing more money into nutty programs that have nothing to do with preparing the children for practical life and helping them think for themselves. Thanks to John Dewey, a humanist who was a signer of the Humanist Manifesto and a big proponent of Statism, our children are brainwashed to become mere cogs in the centralized Supreme State.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

dystopia is hidden right in front of our eyes

Glenn Beck's book is frightfully prophetic. Some day I will say to every liberal on this board....I told you so!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
regarding contraception and abortion, if you're not in the religious right, these things are called HEALTHCARE, and we want them, because healthcare is good.

if you are in the religious right, dont take part. i know you cant opt your share of the taxes out of a program you detest but guess how i felt about BOTH iraqi wars?

to think that we as a nation need to pay any official attention to appeasing the zealots of ANY cult is ridiculous. and if this fact offends ANY CULTISTS well then I am not sorry. please pay attention to the nature of the great american experiment which includes the 2 edged sword ...freedom OF and freedom FROM religion.

now i know that the left aint exactly telling me the truth, and yes the left continued the policies of foreign wars, big bailouts and the destruction of rights at home.

but the OP pointed out in this well reasoned thread something about the percieved worth, the CACHE of the red team. CAN THEY STILL SELL THEIR PRODUCT TO MOM AND POP AMERICANS? or has the regular guy realized that the red team will sell him off the family farm and EAT HIS DOG, all while keeping him confused about some totally FALSE issue like a communist muslim is going to take away his guns.

AFTER THE BANK TAKES YOUR HOUSE YOU WONT HAVE ANYPLACE TO PUT YOUR WINCHESTER!

many feel that the red team is not just as out of whack as the blue team is ( i mean nobodys condemning the fed or saying NO to ndaa i can dig that both teams are one)

but we bluer people are really hoping that the red crowd will notice THAT THEIR TEAMLEADERS ARE NOT CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS..

conservative christians are not pro war, pro death penalty and ANTI CHARITY

now i know that the american left has a few issues it needs to work out, pork and cronyism and a bunch of pretty typical BS, but i think that what they are selling their members is closer to what they are really offering their members..

the red team is offering what again? to defend my christian honor and bomb poor people and keep women pregnant? ( i did not say in the kitchen, i just implied it )
edit on 7-12-2012 by uwascallywabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Don't be silly Lost Brother. The Democrats are very into social issues. They made gay marriage an issue and you know it! They demanded it for the military. They demanded the Catholics pay for contraceptives. They put Sandra Fluke up on stage to promote free contraception. They put NARAL up on stage.

Please stop with the tunnel vision mkay!

What you really mean to say is the Democrats want what they want and how dare conservatives disagree!

But ok I will concede I don't know if Obama was playing golf the day they took out Bin Ladin.

This framing you're choosing to imprint on reality is ... well... a delusion.

The right didn't go out of it;s way to make Catholics pay for contraceptives, and you know that.

www.forbes.com...

If you stick to fact then you'll look less deranged.

As for the completely nuts claim that the left "demands" same sex marriage for the military.

en.wikipedia.org...'t_Ask,_Don't_Tell_Repeal_Act_of_2010

The MILITARY recommended the ending of DADT, either now or in the future:

www.nytimes.com...

The right, who love to win votes by attacking the gays and any "other" almost all voted against the repeal, against the wishes of the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

That the reality.

As for the left being pro-choice: duh.

The right is anti-choice.

No one is "pro-abortion" though. And guess what, Abortion is legal. Hardly a crazy position for a political party to support a law.

By and large the US public agrees with the more tolerant and less severe stances the Dems have on moral and social issues. That's one reason they win. But, if you want to ACTUALLY compare which side has used abortion the most as a campaign tool, look in the mirror. If you want to know which side has used homosexuality and the "defense of marriage" the most, look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

reply to post by St Udio

dystopia is hidden right in front of our eyes

Glenn Beck's book is frightfully prophetic. Some day I will say to every liberal on this board....I told you so!

LOL.

See, reading Glenn Beck is one of the reasons you're so out of touch with reality.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

It would be none too soon to stop funding the indoctrination of the children and youth with secular humanism and a godless society with godless moral relativity. I'm all for defunding this monstrostiy. At least they should go back to the real basics instead of all that crazy values clarification and behavior modification.
We need real change in the education system, not just throwing more money into nutty programs that have nothing to do with preparing the children for practical life and helping them think for themselves. Thanks to John Dewey, a humanist who was a signer of the Humanist Manifesto and a big proponent of Statism, our children are brainwashed to become mere cogs in the centralized Supreme State.

Well, that's one thing we can agree on - we do need change in the public education system. We need to stop teaching children to simply memorize, and we need to start teaching children critical thinking skills.

HOWEVER, bringing God into the public education system is HUGE mistake. The last thing we need is a Taliban-like government, and a Taliban-like public school system - deciding who and what God is and what this God wants. Talk about brainwashing children... to become mere cogs in the Christian Right State.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I agree that the GOP is becoming irrelevant but not for any reasons stated above. Romney offered jobs to a country that doesn't want to work. It's clear a majority in this country now want to vote themselves money from the treasury.

Statistically speaking, the most red areas are the lowest gdp and highest poverty rate areas in the US.

So...facts tend to show different to your statement...

But thats those pesky facts poking their nose again..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

It would be none too soon to stop funding the indoctrination of the children and youth with secular humanism and a godless society with godless moral relativity.

Teaching morals is not a government function, thats a family function. A government can instill principles and obedience to the law, thats about it.

Why do you want the government to teach children about deitys anyhow? Which religious deity? How does teaching the pillars of islam helpful to todays children when we are losing the education war with the world, forcing companies to relocate offshore to find skilled workers..

Math, science, literacy...let their homes and local communities deal with their morals..principles, law, and the sciences is where government should be involved..nothing more.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Voters left Republicans controlling the House, and constitutionally controlling the purse strings. Hardly the Democrat revolution attempting to be portrayed. The Supreme Court is also (for now, mostly) still on the side of the constitution (Republican).

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Redistricting left Republicans in control of the House.
For a glimpse at this issue check this article out.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

In four years time, when the GOP loses another Presidential election, look back at this Santorum nonsense and remember that it's the party, and it's fringe supporters, that are destroying it. This is suicide...

Really? Most of you want a government on top of a government?

I can sympathize with those who think we need a new party system, but do you really think that answering to the U.N. in every area of life is the answer? You do realize that this treaty would create more bureaucracy in which the U.S. would have to report to a U.N. committee on everything we're doing to uphold this treaty, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

And this is the usual narrow-minded tripe that defines today's GOP.

Romney wasn't bringing jobs to anyone because if the economy is in the #ter, the President cannot magically make jobs.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And the reason the got vilified is because they know that the bailout to the Walls Street have never been stopped, the crafty way to call the thievery of tax payers dollars is now the famous Qs, the Fed is still feeding Wall Street at a tune of over 100 billions a month, as last June another 40 billion was added and it seems that the infinite funds are unstoppable

Stupid, Stupid tax payers, We complain about everything geared by propaganda and the corrupted entities in our government are laughing all the way to the Wall Street banks

America dreamers will never wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join