It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Dr. Melba Ketchum

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
People will not stop until they get a body to poke and cut up. Scientists like to have a body so that they can give pieces to other scientists to confirm what they have found. Sad sick bastards the lot of them.

There are some scientists who really care though and I think the ones who have been investigating this for years - like Jeff Meldrum, probably know that they exists and probably know the likelihood that scientists will want a body. That is why no-one reputable has come forward.

Bobo and his team dont REALLY try that hard to find Bigfoot. It is more for continuing search for Bigfoot, rather than finding Bigfoot. If they found him, then the TV series would stop. Unless they had a "Life with Bigfoot" series. :-)

Bobo's team has found footprints and Jeff meldrum has numerous footprints from all over the world, so really that should be enough proof that they exist. I have a feeling that either Finding Bigfoot or Fact or Faked found some DNA and had it analysed, and it came out as not having a match in the database. Cannot remember which episode or which series it was.

So, after reading the last few pages of this, it looks like it has all been done to fleece the rich guy who sponsors the project and extract money from him? I dont think he would allow that somehow. If you are rich, you probably have an arm longer than the law.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
People will not stop until they get a body to poke and cut up. Scientists like to have a body so that they can give pieces to other scientists to confirm what they have found. Sad sick bastards the lot of them.

I'm sorry, but, really?
That's science. Science requires a Type Specimen.

According to a precise set of rules laid down by the ICZN and the ICBN, the scientific name of every taxon is almost always based on one particular specimen, or in some cases specimens. Types are of great significance to biologists, especially to taxonomists. Types are usually physical specimens that are kept in a museum or herbarium research collection, but failing that, an image of an individual of that taxon has sometimes been designated as a type. Describing species and appointing type specimens is part of scientific nomenclature and alpha taxonomy.

A Type Specimen is a reference point and species confirmation.

Without a Type Specimen, you may as well start writing papers to journals about fairies.

A type specimen these days also contributes a representative confirming sample of DNA for the species that can be extracted under controlled and supervised conditions and held on record as means for bringing an animal back from extinction as some efforts are currently under way regarding some other extinct species.

It has nothing to do with "sad sick bastards". It's science and anyone that wants to romanticize, personify, and let their personal feelings interfere with any scientific process, has no business pretending to science.

Until there's a Type Specimen, there is no Sasquatch.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

"Types are usually physical specimens that are kept in a museum or herbarium research collection, but failing that, an image of an individual of that taxon has sometimes been designated as a type."

Well alrighty then, here you go.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger_tts

Right.

We may as well put fairies on the list too:

You're either being cheeky, or you obviously don't understand how the system works.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Cheeky sure, but where your photo is a clear fake that I can recreate, you could not believably recreate the Patterson film. (I am sure you will say you or someone else could though).
edit on 27-3-2013 by tiger_tts because: left out a meaningful word

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Okay, let me rephrase that.

The PG film does not matter.
It is not un-ambiguous enough.
It is questionable enough for disqualification of any serious consideration.

Now, perhaps you might answer this:
The PG film was taken near half a century ago, using 1960s technology.
1960s technology vs the technology of the 21st century, now being 2013: explain why we're only getting blobs and blurs and fakes compared to ancient technology that seemingly is superior to modern day equipment in the respect it's the clearest supposed material.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

1960s technology vs the technology of the 21st century, now being 2013: explain why we're only getting blobs and blurs and fakes compared to ancient technology that seemingly is superior to modern day equipment in the respect it's the clearest supposed material.

I will try and answer this
why we're only getting blobs and blurs?

Because if your trying to pass off your buddy in a cheap gorilla suit as Bigfoot, it's going to get more views and revenue on YT if it's blurry or ambiguous enough not to able to make any positive identification.

This holds true by simply looking at the fact that all the BF videos that are clear, are pegged obvious fakes and are shot down immediately, while the blobsquatches get oohed and aahed.

As for the PG film, now that it has been stabilized and enhanced, all I see is a guy in a suit. This is my opinion and I'm not going to get into a debate about it, it's just what I'm seeing with my own two eyes and knowledge of anatomy.

This is one of the best analyses of the PG film I have seen, it really gets down to nuts and bolts of the film it self.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

That's it? All the talk about scientific method and then no analyzation of the film at all? "It doesn't matter." Well that is certainly convenient for you. "It is not un-ambiguous enough." It is clearly a large bipedal primate in the PG film.
If you are saying it could be a hoax, back up your statement with some science about why the limb lengths and ratios are completely consistent with someone in a costume; show me how a human head could fit in the sloped skull of the costume; explain the 60's tech for making the costume; explain away the physiology of the foot print that was photographed and cast at Bluff Creek. Or do you just use science when it is convenient?

As for your question, your basic assumption is wrong. Many argue that film is still (or at least until very recently) superior to digital images - shutter lag, noise, use of a view finder are a few advantages of the "ancient technology". It is analogous to vinyl LP's vs digital CD's. Original 1960's LP's from low numbered stampers for the most part sound better than modern CDs. Newer does not always mean better.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

"it's just what I'm seeing with my own two eyes and knowledge of anatomy."

Well that is just an opinion then.

I did watch the film. I found it rather unconvincing or simply disagreed with it. It did lead me to this one which looks like a guy in a gorilla suit to me.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

FB/FB ...LOL
It's all about how much faith you want to put into it.

edit on 30-3-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

Bob Heironimus passes a polygraph admitting he is Patty.

edit on 30-3-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This whole Melba thang is lost...all (after) this time I followed it ...all that happened is that I fell in love with the smartest woman on the planet. (her name starts with a "D") I, after reading some of her post ...thought..'mmm if you get this one ...all the others in you nightmares will go away....

No such luck...This woman would be my 'the Trojan War', so be it!!! I've gone through worst. (But nothing as lovely)

I ponder on my tactics...(could this be The Amazing Randi ????) thought long and hard (hard, hah ha hah ) No!! this is either a disable woman or a very smart woman that likes to carry a 1911 .45 cal. into the woods (way back into the woods) I went throught all my crap....I came up with...she is a smart woman that wants a man thats smart enough to say...here? ....here??? .............want to go to Denny's?

I guess there is no big ape out there. But...I found you!! The smartest ape in all the Universe!! I am a close 2nd !!

This song is for you (you foxy smart thang) !! xxooxxx .....(...went to get a drink and give my cat a treat ..damn !! living with a cat is hell... but I'd died for this cat ...crap..where was I ...) ...ok

Any who This song is for you!! And all of us dumb asses!!

edit on 31-3-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

[yvidOTeArrWk2qI[/yvid]
edit on 31-3-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In my dream she called me!! I replied! I can only use one power at at time (see Ultra boy) so I set off to to find her ...

Melba started this ..and I will finish this ..(damn I love red heads!!) any who...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Melba is toast if Bo Bo does not believe in her.
Meanwhile Bigfoot is still doing his 9 to 5 grind in the forest, wondering why humans make so much noise.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It is believed that the first mention of the controversial creature known as Sasquatch or Bigfoot appears in this 18th century scientific work: Pages thirty-four to thirty-five of "Noticias de Nutka" include remarks by Moziño Suárez concerning an unusual beast given the name "matlog".

("I do not know what to say about a matlog, a resident of the mountains, who fills everyone with unspeakable dread. They describe it as having a monstrous body, covered in all manner of rigid black bristles, with a head similar to a human's bu with larger, sharper and stronger fangs than a bear's, very long arms, with its fingers and toes armed with long and curved claws. Its screams alone - they say - can topple anyone who hears them, and it can shatter any unfortunate body into a thousand pieces in a single blow. I presume that the history of the matlog has the same basis as the creation myth of which I have just spoken, or that members of the tribe received word long ago that these entities owe their existence to demons [...]) [translation by SC]

Moziño's writings languished in oblivion unitl 1913, when they were translated into English by Iris Wilson. This translation would appear in a work by early researchers of the Sasquatch mystery - Don Hunter and René Dahinden - in the prologue to their classic book Sasquatch (NY: Signet Books, 1975).

Paleontologists and other academics believe the answer to the Sasquatch enigma can be found in the existence of the Gigantopithecus - a creature that may migrated to the Americas from Asia - or some variant of this exinct genus of ape. Could the "matlog" described by the natives of Nootka be one of them?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I would like to give you half a star. One full star for the Matlog, minus one half for the Cetera.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

oh baby!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join