It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Dr. Melba Ketchum

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here are some quotes from Jeff Meldrum and Steve Streufert on this "self published paper". Here's what they wrote on Facebook.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum via Project Sasquatch:

The journal was created on a GoDaddy template on Feb 4, by a third party, with a one-year contract. There is no information about who is editing the "journal" or who the members of an editorial board might be. I queried the contact feature on this matter but have received no reply. This does not appear to be a refereed journal. It appears to merely be a front for a self-published report. The sequences have not been uploaded to Genbank.

Steve Streufert via Coalition for Sanity in Bigfoot Research:

I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again:
Ketchum may indeed have real Bigfoot samples, but she clearly screwed up the scientific process in many ways, and seems to have an extremely naive interpretation of what the data mean. This will become clear when real scientists get a hold of that data. Even then, it is possible that this flawed study could lead to the proof of the possible Sasquatch species. Personally, I would love to see that happen.

There may indeed be something behind it, within all the mess. Real, earnest, dedicated researchers put their hearts and souls into this. One can only hope it was not all for nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Ruffready, thank you so much for keeping this thread updated!!

I subscribed to it long ago and check it when I see an update.

These new developments are interesting.

Does anone know if there are still samples that others can test since it looks like Ketchum's methods are questionable?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Why would she screw up all her research by " publishing" it this way? It's not like she's highly respected, so why jeopardize the whole thing if the results are legit?
Questions, questions...

Thanks for updating this thread!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sayitaintso

Why would she screw up all her research by " publishing" it this way? It's not like she's highly respected, so why jeopardize the whole thing if the results are legit?
Questions, questions...

Thanks for updating this thread!

Because although the peer review process has its place in our world, it is not necessarily an objective, or even a scientific process. However, it is a very good control, and "gate keeping" mechanism.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

your welcome.

Bigfoot Is Real:Colorado Researchers Say DNA Proves

Published on Feb 14, 2013

Bigfoot IS Real! The DNA is like nothing else in the world!!

Published on Feb 14, 2013

lots of info here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>www.nabigfootsearch.com...

"This DNA is like nothing else in the world," Paulides said.
Researcher Dave Paulides is convinced the reality of Bigfoot isn't as fuzzy as the photos from people who claim to have seen the mythological creature.
Paulides says Bigfoot looks approximately 7 to 8 feet tall and weighs in at a whopping 800 to 1,000 pounds.

edit on 15-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Fake or not, there is evidence to support giants. Whether one likes the source or not, Steve Quayles, "Genesis 6 Giants" is a decent resource direction in researching giants. However, his "facts" and slant all need to be double checked, and not taken at face value.

With discoveries such as this...

I don't find it such a stretch that Bigfoot exists.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
More news today on this. Roberty Lindsey has a say after reading the paper and Melba herself said :

I have independent analysis of our data going on. If the outcome of what we are doing supports our analysis, then we are vindicated. If not, then I will announce that also. It involves top level scientists that have volunteered after I released the paper. If their findings are the same, they will go public. So, please be patient. They also will assure upload to GenBank and they can make that happen. - Dr. Melba Ketchum

After reading Robert Lindsey's take (he read the whole thing) I saw on one part he mentioned" Homo heidelbergensis", which was always my favorite pick for Bigoot ( Lee R. Berger of the University of Witwatersrand, numerous fossil bones indicate some populations of Heidelbergensis were "giants" routinely over 2.13 m (7 ft) tall and inhabited South Africa between 500,000 and 300,000 years ago).

Anyway, you can read his take (Robert's)

Dr. Melba Ketchum Bigfoot DNA paper is good. I have now read a bootleg copy of the 63 page paper I obtained a few days ago. At the same time, I obtained a number of supplementary charts, graphs and whatnot that go may or may not go along with the official version of the paper that you get for $30.
here: robertlindsay.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This about covers all possibilities (though strange and out-there) on what the heck is going on! Lots of "Ifs" and "stuff" to ponder here. Check this out. Does any of this make sense?

Meteor/UFO? (Bigfoot DNA is Human) Pope quits! SECRET Government cover...

Published on Feb 15, 2013
Is the announcement by the Pope that he is quitting; the news of the meteor falling in Russia, and Ketchum's paper *proving* Bigfoot is human; connected? If so how, and why?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
More stuff. Update and more!! # 98,888,555. Steve Kulls nails "Ketchum Christ" to the Cross! (Bigfoot Tomfoolery or Aliens?) Published on Feb 16, 2013

Steve Kull does an excellent job of detailing and explaining this mess. And Steve use to be a Ketchum supporter. squatchdetective.wordpress.com...-116

edit on 16-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: link added

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
David H. Swenson backs up Ketchum!

This is interesting. Apparently Dr. Swenson, a seemingly well published and well thought of biochemist, has had a look at Ketchum's paper and apparently backs up the science. He posted on his Facebook page:

Brien Foerster, Jeff Kart, and other interested parties. I went over the manuscript by Melba Ketchum on Bigfoot genomics. My desktop had difficulty with a blast analysis of the consensus sequences. It helped me understand more about the project. This collaborative venture has done a huge project that taxes me to fully grasp. I see interesting homology with a standard human sequence with 99% match for mitochondria. From my abbreviated study, the nuclear genome seems to have human and nonhuman sequences. My opinion of the creature is that it is a hybrid of a human mother and an unknown hominid male, Just as reported. For all practical purposes, it should be treated as human and protected under law. Brien, selection of Melba's lab for your studies is a very good call. Sasquatch is real, as proven by genetic analysis.

A cursory search reveals he may also be, shockingly, an actual person! I checked out the patent listed on the website Green Resources Redux and that is also listed as being registered to him. His name is registered as the winner of the Ishihara award 2002, which checks out, and a total of 39 journal publications are accredited to him, et al.
Interesting, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Coast To Coast AM 02.17.2013 - Bigfoot DNA
Listen: Dr. Melba Ketchum's Interview With George Knapp on Bigfoot DNA, February 18 2013

Here's Dr. Melba Ketchum's first interview since the publication of her Bigfoot DNA study. In this interview, she reveals the turmoil of releasing her paper and suggest that Bigfoot DNA paper is just the beginning, and she's looking for more funding to protect the Sasquatch people.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Discovery News on Ketchum

Ketchum believes that “The Sasquatch people are more like us than they are different. The Sasquatch people have their own language, traditions, and rituals. They live in family units, they order their lives according to the laws of their people, and they bury their dead. Yet the Sasquatch people are captivating because of their physical, genetic, and cultural differences. Sadly, these special traits also make them uniquely vulnerable to those who would see in their unusual lifestyle or appearance a justification to harass, trap, or even kill them. Your compassion and understanding will be vital to protect the Sasquatch people.”

Given that—as far as we know — no Bigfoot have ever been harassed, trapped or killed, the idea that federal laws are required to prevent such actions seems rather like putting the cart before the unicorn.

The article, for a somewhat serious publication like Discovery is on the verge of outright LOL in its telling and illustration of Ketchum; a Texas Veterinarian.

It's a fun article like the rest of the scientific community shows quite a bit of criticism.

In response to Ketchum's whining about the ridicule she's brought on herself:

Ketchum’s complaint — echoed by many on the Bigfoot and paranormal fields — that closed-minded scientists refuse to look at her evidence because they are afraid of its implications is absurd. If and when hard evidence is offered for Bigfoot, scientists will be scrambling to investigate and research this amazing scientific breakthrough.

The irony is that all the blurry photos, eyewitness reports, ambiguous footprints, and pseudoscientific DNA testing in the world have failed, whereas it would only take one Bigfoot, trapped live or found dead, to conclusively prove that the creatures exist.

Reading of the full article is amusing. It's not new, being from the 14th, but, worth the read.

Get us a body.
And what's with the 19 second video of a sleeping "Matilda" if there's more footage that's just as clear, and far less ambiguous?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That last point is my biggest gripe. She said all along that when the paper was published she'd post any footage she had along with it. I've heard a couple of her supporters say it's with the paper, but the people who've read the paper have made no mention of it. And, in all honesty, if it had been with the paper it would have been plastered all over the internet in seconds.
The full Erickson footage allegedly shows 'Matilda' wake up from her sleep, grimace at the camera and then stalk off. All in glorious HD.

So where is it? It would instantly and effectively silence any criticism from the 'mainstream' scientific community.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JackofBlades

Yes, the methodology involved in all the reveals from the paper, the partial video, are all too familiar from the hoax playbook.
Is it all a hoax?

Right now, most indications would suggest such.

Anyone want to weigh in on the probability we'll never see the supposed full video?
I personally suspect, should such occur, Matilda's latex mask will give her away.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Watch: Biologist Michael Merchant's Opinion on The Matilda Footage

In this video Michael Merchant enhances the Matilda footage and says "It might be a Sasquatch". He quotes Dr. Melba Ketchum's recent interview with George Knapp on Coast to Coast AM. During the interview, Ketchum stated that has photos of Bigfoot, and that it is impossible to photograph Bigfoot, because they avoid electronics. "More mental gems from the Dr.," says Michael.

Michael enhances the Matilda footage and says "It might be a Sasquatch". Selected quotes from Dr. Melba Ketchum; establishing both that she has photos of Bigfoot, and that it is impossible to photograph bigfoot, because they avoid electronics. More mental gems from the Dr, and much more.

Published on Feb 19, 2013

edit on 21-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, I don't know what to think. But you can read it and make up you own minds. I'd sure like to see it (the whole thang) for myself. I mean if they want to protect the creatures ..then what better way?

Matt Moneymaker said on twitter :

We learned from Matt Moneymaker on Twitter yesterday that there were actually two creatures in the full-length Matilda footage -- an adult female and a juvenile female. When asked whether or not Matilda is real, Matt answered, "Yes, Matilda is real." "The sleeping one was the adult female," he confirmed.

In October 2012, during our expedition at the Sierra Kills site, we had to chance to sit down with Wally Hersom, the multimillionaire who has publicly backed Matt Moneymaker and the BFRO, and threw in hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Ketchum Bigfoot DNA project. We've heard stories about how this great man supposedly has seen every footage of Bigfoot ever existed. One footage brought up during a campfire discussion was the Matilda footage. Besides Wally, no one in the group had ever seen this footage, except a single still image released to a B.C. newspaper courtesy of Adrian Erickson of the Erickson Project.

Supposedly word got out that there were two Bigfoot researchers, Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh, a biologist, who has a PhD in ecology and evolutionary biology, from Princeton University, and Dennis Pfohl, a researcher from Colorado, had successfully baited a family of Bigfoots and filmed them for hours. The researchers, hired by the Erickson Project, obtained various videos of Bigfoot from different habituation sites such as Maple Ridge, Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama. According to sources, Dr. Leila has seen the Bigfoots many times with her own eyes but only speaks out it privately. They have shot enough video of these creatures and are convinced that what they saw were real Bigfoots.

Shortly after the announcement was made that Adrian Erickson had obtain footage of a teenage Bigfoot named Matilda, Wally and Matt Moneymaker of the BFRO was flown to Colorado to see the footage for themselves. When asked about the facial details of the creature he saw on film, Wally mentioned seeing fangs, and the creature having a "black tongue" as it approached the camera. In the video, Matilda's eyes dart around, looking paranoid and aggressive. The Bigfoots have a feral look about them.

Others who have seen the footage say it's much more detailed than the Patterson-Gimlin film. On the full facial close-up shot, one witness described:

Nose similar to ours (but with larger nostrils)
Slightly chapped, rosy lips
Pink mouth, blackish tongue
Pointed teeth, like fangs
Deep set eyes that dart around and don’t blink
Her head is round, shaped more like ours than a gorilla’s, but her brow is much more prominent
She has lots of fine, flowing hair on her head (dark reddish brown) and soft short hair on her face
When she walks away, she moves just like the female in the Patterson Film

Wally's description blew our minds, but what he did not mention around the campfire was that there were two Bigfoots in the film. We learned from Matt Moneymaker on Twitter yesterday that there were actually two creatures in the full-length Matilda footage -- an adult female and a juvenile female. When asked whether or not Matilda is real, Matt answered, "Yes, Matilda is real." "The sleeping one was the adult female," he confirmed.

source:bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...:
edit on 21-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: 23

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
well, i listened to the whole Dr Ketchum segment on C2C am
my thoughts are divided right now
if all the DNA has been studied and proven beyond doubt that the 'bigfoot' is half human, half unknown.......why isnt this headline news?
dont give me the religion BS, or main stream science has an agenda
i know they are valid points towards there being a 'supression'
but i realy cant see any implications towards religion etc.
it dosnt make any difference to anyones beliefs
it just means there was a randy little ladie out there 13,000 years ago give or take.
only this is the real beauty and the beast!

for anyone with some spare cash, im living on the breadline

this is the link to the paper released by Dr Ketchum available to download at a price, unless you have a press badge, then its free!
i dont know how much it will cost.

'BIGFOOT DNA PAPER'

somebody out there please download the paper and post for us all to read!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Well, I don't know what to think. But you can read it and make up you own minds. I'd sure like to see it (the whole thang) for myself. I mean if they want to protect the creatures ..then what better way?

Matt Moneymaker said on twitter :

We learned from Matt Moneymaker on Twitter yesterday that there were actually two creatures in the full-length Matilda footage -- an adult female and a juvenile female. When asked whether or not Matilda is real, Matt answered, "Yes, Matilda is real." "The sleeping one was the adult female," he confirmed.

In October 2012, during our expedition at the Sierra Kills site, we had to chance to sit down with Wally Hersom, the multimillionaire who has publicly backed Matt Moneymaker and the BFRO, and threw in hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Ketchum Bigfoot DNA project. We've heard stories about how this great man supposedly has seen every footage of Bigfoot ever existed. One footage brought up during a campfire discussion was the Matilda footage. Besides Wally, no one in the group had ever seen this footage, except a single still image released to a B.C. newspaper courtesy of Adrian Erickson of the Erickson Project.

Supposedly word got out that there were two Bigfoot researchers, Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh, a biologist, who has a PhD in ecology and evolutionary biology, from Princeton University, and Dennis Pfohl, a researcher from Colorado, had successfully baited a family of Bigfoots and filmed them for hours. The researchers, hired by the Erickson Project, obtained various videos of Bigfoot from different habituation sites such as Maple Ridge, Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama. According to sources, Dr. Leila has seen the Bigfoots many times with her own eyes but only speaks out it privately. They have shot enough video of these creatures and are convinced that what they saw were real Bigfoots.

Shortly after the announcement was made that Adrian Erickson had obtain footage of a teenage Bigfoot named Matilda, Wally and Matt Moneymaker of the BFRO was flown to Colorado to see the footage for themselves. When asked about the facial details of the creature he saw on film, Wally mentioned seeing fangs, and the creature having a "black tongue" as it approached the camera. In the video, Matilda's eyes dart around, looking paranoid and aggressive. The Bigfoots have a feral look about them.

Others who have seen the footage say it's much more detailed than the Patterson-Gimlin film. On the full facial close-up shot, one witness described:

Nose similar to ours (but with larger nostrils)
Slightly chapped, rosy lips
Pink mouth, blackish tongue
Pointed teeth, like fangs
Deep set eyes that dart around and don’t blink
Her head is round, shaped more like ours than a gorilla’s, but her brow is much more prominent
She has lots of fine, flowing hair on her head (dark reddish brown) and soft short hair on her face
When she walks away, she moves just like the female in the Patterson Film

Wally's description blew our minds, but what he did not mention around the campfire was that there were two Bigfoots in the film. We learned from Matt Moneymaker on Twitter yesterday that there were actually two creatures in the full-length Matilda footage -- an adult female and a juvenile female. When asked whether or not Matilda is real, Matt answered, "Yes, Matilda is real." "The sleeping one was the adult female," he confirmed.

source:bigfootevidence.blogspot.com...:
edit on 21-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: 23

My problem:
All talk.

Hours of video?
All we've seen is 19 extremely ambiguous and easily dismissable seconds?

All talk, and no delivery.
It's nothing for anyone to chirp up with corroborating claims.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%

Its just few seconds of nothing but a breathing shag carpet. Nothing we can do but watch the show unfold.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This is new. David Paulides, N.A.B.S. CEO, as you know he hired Melba to be on his team for the DNA research.
Seems he had a sighting of bigfoot himself. You need to go to the link to see the film. (below)

Bigfoot researcher and author of the scariest books we've ever read (Missing 411), David Paulides discusses his own Bigfoot Sighting at MUFON Meeting and it involves a staring contest. It's not clear who won but then again, we'd assume the correct response to Bigfoot staring you down is to turn and run in place for a few seconds like Scooby Doo, screaming in terror.

Bigfoot Expert Discusses his Sighting at MUFON Meeting.
The Los Angeles area Mutual UFO Network hears from former lawman and investigative journalist David Paulides
shermanoaks.patch.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join