It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help now! (And hello dears!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm menneni from Finland, male, 3 kids, wife and some weird life experiences, that i'm about to share with the great ATS when the time is ripe.

I read something yesterday and it boggles me still. That is the reason that sparked me to join the site.

Unfortunately for me, theres this minimum posts thing, so i would like to have a answer to my question into this introduction thread if possible. Mods will kill this if needed, i'm sure, i have no intention to make negative impact nor anything alike.

That aside, did anyone read about ship accident yesterday? The one involving Corvus J and Baltic Ace. The latter was the sunk one. I had a feeling that there is something more in that story.. well i checked out and found "something" to ponder. Corvus J's (the one who sinked Baltic Ace) registration was switched during the accident from Germany to Cyprus, and MSM:s around the world are reporting that the ship sailed under Cyprus flag.

I got the ship data from marinetraffic

Could anyone set me to rest and clarify if switching registrations is totally normal behaviour. Would anyone with good researching skills be interested about checking out if there is story behind the story..?

And sorry for my bad english.

Have a nice 6th of december, btw this is the day of Finnish declaration of independence!

EDIT: and yes, i searched the web if someone has made a similar note.. but no, i did not find anything from google regarding to swithing the registration. Even the callsign was modified.
edit on 6-12-2012 by menneni because: data

EDIT2: Another thing what adds to the strangeness is that i commented our local newspaper about the issue, wondering what that is all about, nothing else. The comment was never published.. The only published comments were like: "yeah, there goes my porche" and "who cares about cars when ppl died"
edit on 6-12-2012 by menneni because: data2

edit on 6-12-2012 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! you will find the great minds of intelligent research, and answers here! nice find!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Thanks for welcoming me. I guess i could say the same as our registration date is the same

I really hope someone takes on this so i could stop wondering!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by menneni

I have actually been on here for a year I just made another account today

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
ATS please!

I keep refreshing my post once a minute, only to see that there is no takers on the issue.

I know its probably nothing but its interesting isn't it? Also the comment moderation in our newspaper added fuel to my flames. I need way more intelligence to go thru this and that is why i'm posting this to ATS.

Retrospective, i should've posted about doom2012, nibaru or planetseX and replies would fall in?

Joking aside, does this really interest you not, ATS?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You
reply to post by menneni

I have actually been on here for a year I just made another account today

Well then

I must admit, i had another account too, tried to salvage the username with email but no joy. Thats why i needed to make a new one..

Anyways, thanks for being in my thread, it would be lonely without you!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
welcome. and yes, i saw the news reports of this and was interested. sadly i don't know zip about marine registrations and/or their significance. but happy hunting!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks for reply.

I don't have a clue either about the reasons for registration modification.

There is something that comes to mind when you think about it. It could be that the reason for the change is simply that when the ship sails under Cyprus, there might not be so extensive/conclusive investigation about accident due to nature of Cyprus, versus Germany.

So, in this case there is not so much conspiracy involved, its more about profiting and evading consequences.
edit on 6-12-2012 by menneni because: grammar

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
So far I can see that ShipSpotters have identified the ship as late as August and ownership was credited to Jungerhans Maritime Services.

A search for Jungerhans leads to: www.infomarin.ru... - The company is listed at the bottom of the page. Clicking on the hyperlink to the Jungerhans website leads to juengerhans.de.... At that point you will have to download the PDF for yourself. Line 37 in the list shows:

37. MV CORVUS J 2003 8.400 tdw 630 TEU

Owned by a German company but registered in Cyprus for tax avoidance and/or avoidance of Germany maritime safety laws?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Greetings to you. Its a fun ride you jumped on to here -er I guess jumped back on to here, ha.
Re: the ship registration... an interesting mystery for sure.
I would suggest you get your required 20 posts up asap and then start a thread on the topic.

Welcome back,
IEB
edit on 6-12-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: proper tense

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

Hello, thanks for your valuable input. I did get almost the same info, except the ownership status. Marinetraffic.coms data shows that newest change in name/callsigns has been modified the same day that accident happened, this is also the reason why this issue keeps me interested.

Your info altho mixes it up a little, as i'm not sure anymore when the ownership/callsign data was or were changed.

Anyways, thanks for your input!

Avoiding maritime laws and such activity is disgusting. Anything for material profit, aye?!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
welcome to ats .. your english is ok .. english not my native language either ... as to your question if understand it - shipping companies change flags they sail under fairly often usually for tax reasons ...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Happens quite a lot for tax , safety laws wage rates and other reasons

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by menneni

Welcome menneni!

I'm not familiar with registration issues on vessels, but I would like to wish you a happy Independence Day!

Enjoy your stay, but be sure to wear your flotation device at all times- just in case!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your comments.

It seems that changing registration is quite normal behaviour for profiteering.

Well, it's not all good yet. The mystery surrounding this issue is growing. I just checked out some news in Finland, yesterday all medias were talking about Corvus J, which sailed under Cyprus. Today, many news has been modified so that there is no information about the shipwrecker, Corvus J.

Thank you Google cache.

The thing in this issue is, i don't even know what in the story got my eye. I'm thinking it was in the news, over emphasizing of the "Corvus J, sailed under Cyprus flag" and when i briefly checked out about the Corvus J, first thing i notice is the registration modification made in 5th of December, accident-day. Data sourced from marinetraffic.com

Weird in any circumstances.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Doublepost.
edit on 6-12-2012 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you for your warm welcome.

And for the floatation device, yup, i got it. Integrated it many moons ago!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Welcome to the site OP, i like your username

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thank you! Its kind of derivative from the Mennen cologne

The Mennen for men cologne really smells awful, and everytime i say the word out loud, it cracks me up. Totally.

It amazes me how Mennen the cologne has survived, while it smells like sweat2.0, eh
On the contrary, some women love the stuff, or so they say.

I like your avatar, Doctorswife, very pleasing to see that kind of light in these dark corners of wwweb!

top topics

join