It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can We Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm posting this in the "General Conspiracies" section because it regards to general conspiracies... conspiracies in general. What can we DO about them?

I understand that some people search through the world of conspiracies in order to find the truth, therefore understand certain aspects of the world a little better, because that in itself is why I made an account on ATS, why I listen to Infowars (despite mixed feelings about Alex Jones), and why I made a website of my own for my friends and I to discuss these things.

And also, I understand if there's one particular conspiracy, or event in the world in general, that gets you going. I have those as well. We all have strong personal goals, but I ALSO believe if you don't look at things logically AND emotionally, at the same time--yes, all the time--you will screw up.

You must analyze your goals. You must break down, "Will it make a difference if I do this?" You must think of the bigger picture, and what impact you will have regarding your goals.

And, you must decide who to dedicate yourself to. Other than God of course, there are three options in life as to who you will dedicate yourself to.

1 - Yourself. Some people attack life head on, so that they can earn money, and buy those flat screens and sports cars they want,

2 - Your loved ones. Some people will put family, friends, and their inner community before anything else in the world.

3 - The world as a whole. Some people, activists, will dedicate themselves to a particular cause or idea that they hope will impact the entire world. Alex Jones is a good example. I don't care what you think of him, put that aside for a moment--he dedicates himself to his cause, which affects many people all around the world who listen to him.

First, you must decide which of these three is most important to you, and follow it. Some people pick more than one. It's pretty difficult to do, and you have to have an immense amount of strength, patience, and endurance, but sure, you can pick more than one (although most people don't, from what I've seen).

Most people don't think about those three options with their conscience mind, they just pick one of the three without thinking about it, and follow it all their life. And I'm sure, if you had to, you could look at your life and deduct which of the three you've dedicated yourself to in life.

I REALLY want to dedicate myself to all three, but you'd have to be a pretty inhumanly kick-ass person to do something like that. Not sure if I could.

ANYwho, basically what I'm asking is; What can you do for your personal goals?

Have you ever really given any thought to your goals? How likely they are to truly be achieved? What kind of loopholes and possible flaws there are in your plan? If you even HAVE a plan?

Some goals will be met, some MIGHT be met with some hardship, and some are downright insane.

Example; If your goal is to be a kind hearted person to everyone you come in contact with forever, it is quite possible. It's in your control, and you yourself can do it.

If your goal is to end world hunger, then it's different. Can you IMAGINE what you'd have to do? What if you can't feed everyone in the world, then what? To truly stick to this goal, you'd have to consider alternative methods of success, like genocide. That wasn't in your original plan, was it? Well, what's better? Killing them off now, or letting them reproduce and keep starving to death generation after generation?

See how the second scenario is much darker and more complicated?

That's my point.

You have to truly wrap your mind around your goals, every possible outcome, every possible fluke, and every possible casualty. And if your goals are conspiracy related, they're probrably a lot more likely to be complicated.

So, what I'm asking, is... have you done it?

What do you WANT from life?

Have you ever really wrapped your mind around this goal?

Which of the three options have you dedicated your life to?

What are the possible flukes, casualties, and disasters that could be the outcome of your goal?

How likely is your goal to be achieved?

I want to know WHAT you think you can DO in the world, and why, and how.

Or have you given up?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

I'm getting there.

A quiet remote house on land that I own with a gigantic freaking telescope. Ideally with some nice woody terrain too.

Yup.

I take a holistic approach.

What are the possible flukes, casualties, and disasters that could be the outcome of your goal?

Mostly financial, possibly physical if I drop a wooden beam on my head.

Proportional to the drive I feel, I'm gonna say 80%

Or have you given up?

I don't really care about the world. I like to help people where I can but I have many decades left ahead of me. Within my parents lifetimes the world was at war. Now we're typing into our tiny tablets a message that travels around the world at the speed of light. Trying to predict and position yourself for the future is foolish in my eyes. I am just trying to ensure I have property, security and comfort for the forseeable future. All a man can ask for I believe. (That and a big honking telescope)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

I'm getting there.

A quiet remote house on land that I own with a gigantic freaking telescope. Ideally with some nice woody terrain too.

Yup.

I take a holistic approach.

Mostly financial, possibly physical if I drop a wooden beam on my head.

Proportional to the drive I feel, I'm gonna say 80%

Or have you given up?

I don't really care about the world. I like to help people where I can but I have many decades left ahead of me. Within my parents lifetimes the world was at war. Now we're typing into our tiny tablets a message that travels around the world at the speed of light. Trying to predict and position yourself for the future is foolish in my eyes. I am just trying to ensure I have property, security and comfort for the forseeable future. All a man can ask for I believe. (That and a big honking telescope)

Generally--and this is just my opinion--it seems like you have a combination between dedicating yourself to yourself, and your inner circle. I understand how you feel.

Thanks for the detailed answer

join