It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thesis Paper: A Quantum Theory of Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I am offloading my philosophy and discoveries on ATS right now because it is time. So here is the thesis paper I wrote for my psychology major two years ago on a quantum theory of mind - it is only an introduction to what I have discovered, but it is what I have.

The link is to the Google Document file, as it is a long report and there are diagrams.

A Mathematical Evaluation of Consciousness

edit on 6-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Don't quite have the time to read the whole thing now, but it looks well done and interesting. I plan on looking it over in more detail a bit later.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Looks great, I can't wait to read it.... unfortunately I don't have the time. Honestly, only posted to help me remember and find this thread easier. Hopefully lol

It may be of benefit if you were to include a refined abstract of the paper. Not that the paper's opening doesn't address much of what the following is about. But, I guess I'd like to see included a position on the subject.

That's about all I have to contribute lol

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm going to have to re-read this several times. Quantum anything is not my strong suit. A couple of very quick, nearly illiterate, comments.

It appears the paper relies on the parallel universe theory, rather than the Copenhagen view. I wasn't quite convinced that your paper showed that parallel universe was that much of a superior idea.

When you asked me to imagine a glowing (or was it golden?) orb in the front of my brain, capable of dealing in five dimensions, I had to wave a sad good-bye. My inagination is not that good, yet.

I'm going to have to re-read the discussion on Occam's razor, I missed the connection to the theme of the paper.

These are not criticisms of you in any way, they are just the first reactions of a scientific moron.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I applaud you for having the courage to bring this forward. I think much of what you say is perfectly valid. I have not come here to piss all over it, as is the usual custom here concerning this subject matter.

first, the title is wrong and your bibliography is conspicuously absent of math/physics citations. you are right that the cornerstone of quantum theory is mathematical, and I never tire of hearing about godels incompleteness theorem, but you have not given the math. this leads to...

second, your understanding of quantum theory appears to come only from other people's interpretation of the data and formalisms. consequently, you were unable to fully recognize and exploit the powerful features of the state function, and instead invoke the "glowing orb".....I guess someone else can work out the details, huh?

be careful using the word, "discover". these type of speculations (not discovery) have been going on for decades.

but do please continue to pursue this avenue of thought. there is no doubt that a generalized quantum theory would be applicable in many scientific disciplines. LEARN THE MATH.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What quantum anything has to do with consciousness is - to me - a profound mystery. That said, your paper did inspire me to start my own thread.

What the.....?

Yes, I did read your paper, and while it's well written, I was unable to reconcile the fact that so many people have taken the indivisible unit of cause and extrapolated so much from it that clashes so horribly with the fundamental contribution that the Quantum itself actually made to science and technology.

top topics

join