It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Greetings friends.

What with 12/21/12 just 15 days away, and all the brouhaha going on around the world, it seems like we have just about reached the tipping point. We can all feel it. SOMETHING has to give sooner or later.

I'm beginning to think out loud.. CAN WE JUST GET IT OVER WITH? (SARCASM! HUMOR! JOKE! GET A LIFE!)

I wonder what percentage of the global population feels the same.

What do you think?

edit on 12/6/2012 by FrankieNinja because: For those that need it spelled out.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
this is a new one on me.

didn't know that date was supposed to be the start of WW3

i thought it was just BS that conspiracy theorists were trying to sell about the end of mayan calender.

when did WW3 come into it?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankieNinja

I think its absurd wanting it to happen. There is so much to live for. I further think that those that really want war, or the destruction of the world, do not know what it is they really are wishing for. This is not a game, there is no reset button, or starting from a checkpoint.

I think, enjoy your life mate, everyday. Forget about these silly predictions and fearmongering spreading like a wildfire all over the net. Stay true to your believes, whatever it may be, and don't let the totalitarian mindset influence you into believing any of this drivel.

I suggest a nice visit to family and friends over the holiday season, and spending quality time with loved ones. After 21 dec, continue with it, and realize how silly all this worrying about nothing has been.

vvv

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Yup. Just wrote a thread on a similar topic and put it in the 2012 forum - basically, the world (especially America) is becoming polarized and unfortunately, there needs to be a war to eliminate all that massive potential energy and create balance.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

How about America fight it out with themselves, and their people, and leave the rest of the world to go their own merry way.

vvv

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The percentage of the global population that wants widespread war is minuscule, as it should be.

The percentage who feel we may be approaching a breaking point is higher, but still very low. The vast majority just don't really care about global politics.

Personally, I think world war is more likely than not to be avoided in the next year. I'd give it maybe a 5% chance, and that's probably a little high.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

12/21 is about the end of the world as we know it. (so believe so many)
well color me stupid but, I think WW3 would fall under that category.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I believe that nothing of drastic 'chaos' will come from 2012. It will be just another day just like any other day is, which is just a measurement of where we are in the universe.

Basically we shouldn't really worry about it until something happens, or it just leaves you with constant stress.

Although it would be nice for the world to realize after this day of how fear mongering works, most people won't see the connection. This is just another page in the book of a global 'ghost story'.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Are you telling me, you want another world war, but more chaotic then the last two and with better weapons, WW3?

For the love of God man... have we already forgotten the last one?

The ignorance involved in wanting another world war is staggering...

Lest We Forget.

SS
edit on 033131p://am3106 by Spike Spiegle because: me*

edit on 033131p://am3126 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

GOODNESS! Lighten up mate I think the caps was a hint at sarcasm. There's enough stuff to make TSHTF as it is. Tying it to 12/21 and the end of the world make it about as likely.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

12/21 is about the end of the world as we know it. (so believe so many)
well color me stupid but, I think WW3 would fall under that category.

the 12/21 myth revoles around the end of the mayan calender.

it has nothing to do with WW3.

i''m wondering are you very young or maybe drunk? you are not making any sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

On a more serious note, however, you needn't worry about this one because we are doing an exemplary job at doing just that.

Anyway, my OP was meant in jest. My apologies to those that can't appreciate a little sarcasm and levity

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What do I think? I think people should pull their heads outta their arse's and give up this doom seeking crusade they are on. I have a wife and kids with another one on the way, what kind of person would I be if I wanted the world to end. Nothing will happen and this rock we are on will keep on turning and for the OP, go out and live your life and stop sitting at the computer hoping the world will end.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

GOODNESS! Lighten up mate I think the caps was a hint at sarcasm. There's enough stuff to make TSHTF as it is. Tying it to 12/21 and the end of the world make it about as likely.

Tying it to ANY future date make it about as likely.

I mean honestly, are some peoples lives so empty, so free of worry or stress, so devout of joy or love, that they need to cling to doomsday theories to really feel alive?

vvv

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

i''m wondering are you very young or maybe drunk? you are not making any sense.

I am wondering if you understand the correlation between the imagined end of the world on 12/21 or the very real possibility of it from WW3.

Regardless for those that have looked into the Mayan calendar, can anyone tell me how, according to it, the world will come to an end? IF it were to break out, I'm pretty sure that WW3 would be pretty catastrophic to the entire human race.

I can assure you I am neither young or drunk.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

When you say "at tipping point" I'm assuming you mean a brake out of a world wide conflict. We're no where near tipping point, divided opinions over Syria, political games between USA and Russia (the new law that congress passed regarding Russian businesses) and the USA getting jealous over China's quick swift rise to eventual global super power.

Nothing out of the norm, we (NATO & Russia/China) won't declare war on each other over Syria, we won't declare war on each other over Israel & Palestine and relations seem to be "ok".

new topics

top topics

join