It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutating Robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this yet? Looks like the tech sector is booming with competition. I am really looking forward to the future, today and tomarrow are nothing compared to the science nonfiction of the day after tomarrow..

"So far, he has been able to make prototypes form themselves into a wheel to crawl over flat ground, shift into the shape of a spider to tackle uneven surfaces and morph again into a snake shape that slithers through narrow spaces."

"Backed by a grant from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency"

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wow I have never heard of robot that could do anything like that very impressive. Shape shifting robots is a great idea though I think its going to be a very hard task if he gets it to work these robots are going to be amazing.

Having a spider shape for climbing over stuff then shifting into a snake shape to fit into tight spaces brillant. Man robots are going to out class organic lifeforms pretty bad in the future.

I wish I had DOD money to build robots

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Spider Robots!

Reminds me of a scene from 'Minority Report'...

Scary!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
these robots remind me from the robots on stargate. the replicators. and it would be cool. but not if they are slef aware in the future. then we are in trouble

new topics

top topics

join