It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Shocking Examples Of How Sadistic And Cruel People Have Become

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
People have always been sadistic and cruel. The difference in the past is there were people to stop them. Not the police. Just ordinary people. It started to change in the late 60's and early 70's with the belief violence does not solve anything so do not fight back. If no one fights back then the bullies win! Hero's were condemmed, honor became a joke. What did you think would happen?

I wondered at the time myself. Now we are seeing it. No discipline allowed to children and then the parents are blamed. Let them run wild. Touch them and you go to jail. Believing in something, anything, is considered a joke. I believe in equality. That means I will hit a black man, a brown man, or even a woman for doing the same thing I would hit a white man for. However today that is not allowed. Funny thing is it is allowed by the black man, the brown man, and the women, just not by the white man.

My kids were taught by the school system not to listen to me. They freaked when I corrected their teachers. You are not allowed to DO THAT they told me. According to their teachers I was a racist. They had been TAUGHT BETTER according to their teachers. After living in real life they have come back to me and told me I am to liberal. lol. To me they are racists. To them I am a liberal. They were taught wrong by their teachers.

I am not off topic. Society has taught people not to fight back. Not to have honor. To ACCEPT things rather then fighting to change them. I blame white people myself. Latin Lords, Vice Lords, the first Black Panther's. the Black Disciples, blacks and browns of all kinds, none of them in my life ever thought I was a racist. Only the white liberals. I hate white angels for the same reason those groups did. Until honor comes back, until we deal with reality instead of faulty theory's, instead of teaching our kids BS in school and enforcing it with the law our society will never evolve. We will continue to devolve.

Even on this site where we supposedly DENY IGNORANCE PC is promoted rather then discussing the real problems. We are to walk around them, not discuss them. I realize that the moderators are supposed to prevent outright hatred but quite often they censor the truth. lol. In fact it is about time for them to hit me for another 500 points. I am close to going into the positive again. The good thing about the internet is we can talk to each other without physically attacking each other when we hit each others pressure points. The bad thing is we can be stopped from addressing those points by our moderators.

Until honor is allowed back, until fighting back is allowed, as long as we allow others to make our decisions for us, it will continue to get worse. Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
While these are horrible, for the most part that is. You don't hear about the majority of people who DO GOOD. You just hear about the bad stuff that happens, it "brings in ratings."

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
#2 Debunked:
11 Puppies found skinned are likely foxes, based on necropsy findings.

Did they jump the gun on any others?

Just a thought, bu, remember how much follow up the MSM media does on sensational stories?

Yeah. It isn't much. Ever heard, "if it bleeds, it leads"? You never hear a news cast start with HEY, we were wrong and this really incredible sensational story was wrong, because we rushed to be the first to report it rather than wait and investigate extra to be sure!

Yeah. Interesting article, but don't be manipulated because someone posted a source. Verify mine, too, in fact. Deny ignorance, baby.
edit on 12/6/2012 by TheOtter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the funny part, the world is jealous of the american way of life.

Not speaking for 'the world', as you claim to be, but on behalf of this corner of Yorkshire, no. We're really not.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Come to think of it, now that I've read the OP again.... Where is the real disinformation here? Is it the media and politicians and some nebulous-yet-omnipresent elite?

Or is it one blog post with a mix of MSM links focusing on a nihilistic view of the world? Or an OP looking for extra kudos and comments to boost him/herself? Not a personal attack - just thinking of the possibilities. Whether I agree or not, this posting has made me think outside my box and for that, I gave you star and flag.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

on a lighter note link:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I can't speak for "the world" but i have no desire to have the American way of life, to be perfectly honest i would sooner live out the rest of my days in a cave as a hermit

I think you can find examples like this all over the world but there are also some nice, kind people out there, but nice and kind are not stories because it's not interesting

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

#1 Down in Florida, authorities recently discovered four cats that had been shoved into sandwich bags and stuffed into a freezer. Fortunately, three of the cats were still breathing when they were rescued, but the fourth cat did not make it.
It’s not shocking or new. People suck.

#2 Animal welfare workers recently found 11 puppies that were dead and that had been skinned in a park in eastern Pennsylvania.
Debunked

#3 Down along the Gulf of Mexico, authorities have been coming across a substantial number of dolphins that have “gunshot wounds, cuts and missing jaws“. Authorities believe that there is a group of people out there on a “rampage” that are involved in mutilating these precious dolphins.
Sad but dolphins travel. Most I think is from boats.

#4 A mother of four teenage children down in Florida shot them a total of 18 times at close range before turning the gun on herself and ending her own life.
I remember this. It happened at a gun range I go to.

#5 Christmas statues of baby Jesus and Joseph were beheaded by vandals in Portland, Oregon the other day.
Really? Slow news day.

#6 Down in Texas, one set of parents kept their 10-year-old son locked in a bedroom and only fed him bread and water for months. Eventually he died of starvation and they dumped his body in a creek.
Sick people.

#7 In the Middle East, cutting out the tongue is increasingly being used as a form of punishment by gangs of Islamic radicals.
Nothing new just more frequent.

#8 The former executive director of a Salvation Army facility in Toronto has been accused of stealing thousands of toys that were intended to be given to little children.
Something like this happens every year. I would be more concerned at what corporations have done.

#9 At one high school in California, a number of male students are being accused of participating in a “fantasy slut league” in which they would earn points for “documented engagement in sexual activities with female students”.
They came up with a name but that’s about it. Guys have been trying to get laid since the beginning of history.

#10 Two twin brothers are accused of killing a journalist and encasing his body in concrete just so that they could steal his rare set of game cards.
Murder for greed it is an old concept. Hoffa?

#11 A pastor in north Texas was recently assaulted by an enraged man who beat him to death with an electric guitar.
This reads to me as “guy killed” the fact he was a pastor doesn’t make it out of the ordinary.

#12 A 31-year-old man up in Canada was found guilty of raping an 8-year-old girl, breaking 16 of her bones and smashing her in the face with a hammer.
I am not shocked. I heard of worse.

#13 Some prison inmates in North Carolina are alleging that correctional officers forced them to rub hot sauce on their most private areas. Authorities are currently investigating these allegations of abuse.
That would hurt. I think it doesn’t qualify for any headline. I am just trying to remember what the tortures they did to people n medieval times.

#14 According to the FBI, a New York City police officer is being accused of “planning the kidnap, rape, torture and cannibilization of a number of women”.
Glad they caught the psycho.

#15 A Secret Service officer that had been assigned to protect Joe Biden’s residence has been charged with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl.

It is only news because he worked for the Whitehouse.

#16 All over the nation we have been seeing a bizarre string of “zombie attacks”. The following is one example from Pennsylvania…
A Doylestown man, who was naked and bleeding profusely, gnawed on woman’s head all while “screaming like an animal” during a wild neighborhood rampage, state police said.

I think it has to do with that new drug.

#17 Over in Texas, a very sick 29-year-old man stabbed his girlfriend to death and then burned his one-year-old baby alive because she had gone to court and filed for child support.
He went crazy.

#18 A chef that was on trial for killing his wife in California reportedly confessed that he “slow cooked her body then dumped it out as kitchen waste”.
Fried green tomatoes.

#19 A debt collector recently told a disabled veteran the following…

“If you would have served our country better you would not be a disabled veteran living off Social Security while the rest of us honest Americans work our asses off”
He also told the veteran that he “should have died”.
That pisses me off. Debt collectors can be real @ holes.

#20 Over in Utah, a 21-year-old man is accused of stabbing his grandmother 111 times and then removing her organs with a knife.
Sad and sick.

Continued.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
All of this is sad but aside from number 16 none of this is new to the world. There have always been crazy people and murderers but to claim this list is somehow significant is just fear mongering. Most of the things in that list is nowhere near shocking. Number 5 really? I mean how is that even worth writing about. We live in a period of history where savagery is the lowest it has ever been. If this all happened on the same day in a single state I would be surprised.

This is in no way worth the title.

The article is trash.
edit on 6-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This is bloody pathetic. Do you think that stolen toys and dead dolphins would get onto a "20 shocking examples of cruelty" list written in the year 1400?

It's not even a good list for the present day. How exactly does it suggest that we are becoming more sadistic and cruel? It's a better example of how soft and sheltered people are these days; I'm supposed to read that and think "oh no you guys, dead puppies and teenagers who like sex, what has the world come to?"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

#5 Christmas statues of baby Jesus and Joseph were beheaded by vandals in Portland, Oregon the other day.

I fail to see how vandalism is "sadistic and cruel". It's definitely disrespectful, and I certainly do not condone it... but it's nowhere near as disturbing as the other things on that list.

However, as disturbing as they are, and judging by the comments on that page, it seems like that site is all about religious sensationalism, and they're blaming it on man not following God, when it really just boils down to the seedy side of humans that's always existed.

There are just as many heart-warming and uplifting stories of human behaviour out there (from a quick google search), but our wonderful media has clearly chosen only to report the bad news because hey... it sells, right?

It's the Yin and the Yang... it's always existed... and it always will.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Number 9: At one high school in California, a number of male students are being accused of participating in a “fantasy slut league” in which they would earn points for “documented engagement in sexual activities with female students”.

This is something taken almost directly from Veronica Mars season 3. Not sure which came first, but when Veronica goes to college, she discovers one of the fraternity houses have a "score board" where they prove they've performed various acts with other students; and depending on the act determines how many points they get.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This, in my opinion, is just someone trying to sew some "hopelessness and despair" for the jolly ole holiday season. Can't have people being happy now can we?

To dispute the article, there are some really good people out there too.

If you take a look at society over the ages, yes there has always been crazy people...they make up a very small percentage of the population. However, 1/2 of a percent of the population in 1700 is a lot less than 1/2 percent of the population now...so it seems like it's worse but it's just there is more people and more coverage of the doom and gloom.

I'll continue to try and see the good in people whenever I can.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Downward spiral my butt.

You see people doing this for kicks like Vikings?
Blood Eagle

You need to read some history. We've been a lot worse.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Middle East is on there as if something new? Then you have the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, witch trials, and the "Final Solution" and these things have been going on for a while, not to mention some of the events of Asia, Central/South America, and Africa past and present.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Not speaking for 'the world', as you claim to be, but on behalf of this corner of Yorkshire, no. We're really not.

As far as "the world" is concerned, where a majority are living in the stone age, America's way of life is Britain's way of life.

edit on 12/6/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If this is true, then why do the statistics say violenct acts of crime is down, smoking is down, and community service is up?

Twisted nonsense from a site called "endofamericandream". Give me a friggin break.

We have more people now. Psychopaths have always been with us. The only difference is idiots can choose to focus on the worst of us and scare the poo out of the fools.
edit on 6-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Downward spiral my butt.

You see people doing this for kicks like Vikings?
Blood Eagle

You need to read some history. We've been a lot worse.

Pretty much what this guy said.

Societies that are less literate tend to be more violent. We're becoming less reliant on our literacy, we're retribalising and as a result...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think this is all sensationalist bull.. These things have all been happening at the same rate we experience them now. The biggest difference is that stories like these have become more profitable for news agencies to report than other news. Don't get too choked up over this stuff, all of it has been happening since the dawn of man. It is an unfortunate fact of life that there are so many mentally disturbed and morally lacking people in the world. None of it really surprises me. The world is no less safe than it was 30 years ago. Go back to the 1800's or earlier when crime scene investigation and modern technologies weren't used and you'll see it wasn't some pretty Utopian society. The problems have always existed but they weren't covered like they are now.

It reminds me of a few years back when the "shark problem" was all the rage in the media. They were showing overhead images of sharks off the shoreline of the east coast and saying it was unprecedented. Researchers and marine biologists stated that everything was normal, and there was no change from previous years. The media just blew it out of proportion because it was new to them and there was nothing else to cover.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think people, for the most part, have been this cruel for ages. The Bible has some crazy cruel things in there. We just have the media now and news spreads quickly.

Before, isolated happenings were forgotten and not spoke widely about. Humans have always been mad. That's no excuse, but I don't think that people are any "worse" than before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join