It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth is happening to children in America?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by makemap
Big list what is wrong with America
1. Bio weapon(testing on population, air drop, released in towns/cities, possible vaccines)
2. Chemical weapon(in our food, air, possible vaccines etc)
3. Genetic engineering of other beings or crop(Becoming too late).
4. Opened Borders(too late already they are here, infiltrated and more crossing over to survive chaos, possible engineered bad genes) They don't say Nazi's are half truth for no reason.
5. Fked up educational system full of roadblocks(useless courses/projects, etc) and no exercise.
6. Blame China(When corporations are taking over)
7. Soul selling/Sacrifices(a.k.a Demons)
8. Idiocracy coming soon if not WW3(Corporate or Government poisoning of water)
9. Aliens possible controlling this world, race to space age uncompleted(hidden tech from public)
10. Ignorance(bad genes, allergies, mass breeding, brainwash media control, MK Ultra, and other forms of mind control)
11. Corrupt religions

And,,,not to be left out, the number one reason ,the Board of Directors, at the top of the money making political heap (you know that All Seeing Eye thing) have decided enough is enough, and all large corporate and political policies will reflect this now and incorporate this 'interlocked' directorate, and Agenda where we are now on the down side of the growth pyramid (think about it), population reduction goals will be met, by 'allowing' environmental toxins (and enforcing and introducing such on occasion) all while making obscene sums of money from a created market.. It's like owning a cattle farm. A very succcesful one. You know you have to make business decisions.

That comes to the rich who sold everyone out for money. They just can't live with it money. Guess what they are using now in schools? Corn starch! Not Flour, Cornstarch! There is corn in almost everything now. For cooking too. As much as I hate some western cooking foods, corn starch replacing flour = bad.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm asking out of curiousity...

Have people seen the movie "In pursuit of Happyness?" (Will Smith). How many people found this to reflect the truth? It is claimed that it is a true story.

In it I oddly missed the food stamps.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KarensHoliday

It's called POLLUTION, you know that invisible entity that no one knows is there...causes all kinds of health problems. Can't blame it all on pollution though some people are just born different and nothing can stop it but majority of health problems is indeed pollution.

YOU WANT A HEALTHY LIFE....GO GREEN!
edit on 7-12-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Big list what is wrong with America
1. Bio weapon(testing on population, air drop, released in towns/cities, possible vaccines)
2. Chemical weapon(in our food, air, possible vaccines etc)
3. Genetic engineering of other beings or crop(Becoming too late).
4. Opened Borders(too late already they are here, infiltrated and more crossing over to survive chaos, possible engineered bad genes) They don't say Nazi's are half truth for no reason.
5. Fked up educational system full of roadblocks(useless courses/projects, etc) and no exercise.
6. Blame China(When corporations are taking over)
7. Soul selling/Sacrifices(a.k.a Demons)
8. Idiocracy coming soon if not WW3(Corporate or Government poisoning of water)
9. Aliens possible controlling this world, race to space age uncompleted(hidden tech from public)
10. Ignorance(bad genes, allergies, mass breeding, brainwash media control, MK Ultra, and other forms of mind control)
11. Corrupt religions

And,,,not to be left out, the number one reason ,the Board of Directors, at the top of the money making political heap (you know that All Seeing Eye thing) have decided enough is enough, and all large corporate and political policies will reflect this now and incorporate this 'interlocked' directorate, and Agenda where we are now on the down side of the growth pyramid (think about it), population reduction goals will be met, by 'allowing' environmental toxins (and enforcing and introducing such on occasion) all while making obscene sums of money from a created market.. It's like owning a cattle farm. A very succcesful one. You know you have to make business decisions.

That comes to the rich who sold everyone out for money. They just can't live with it money. Guess what they are using now in schools? Corn starch! Not Flour, Cornstarch! There is corn in almost everything now. For cooking too. As much as I hate some western cooking foods, corn starch replacing flour = bad.

Hmmm, wanna bet it's GMO corn, gotta get that stuff out there, so much money to be made, and hey if we get a little extra infertility, who's gonna notice right, with 7 billion people,, hmmm... But anyway, so many people here on this thread have listed so many toxins and poisons (both physical, mental, emotional etc....spiritual ) what a great list (someone should compile them) then yes there is the answer in part, ALL of those things in our environment and our children's are having a huge impact on development and behavior, watch what happens in animal studies, sometimes just the inclusion (or withholding) of one vital element will show an easily measurable change in the animals behavior.

I remember when I was in school (yes that far back), sugar/corn syrup was the drug of choice, all the kids would get loaded up on it at the fast food place next to the school, then come buzzing back to class, being disruptive and waaaay to hyper to study, Often 'the paddle' came out to try and get chemically wired kids back under control, if they would have had Ritalin back them I feel pretty certain it would have been handed out. I saw this in my children's classes to. The kids would get pumped up on several huge bottles of Mountain Dew and junk food and just be wired. The brain is an organ, in some ways like the kidney's, the lungs, the heart, and as it becomes 'unbalanced', so does behavior. Many things (and lack of things) can affect this critical balance.
edit on 7-12-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Tecumte because: important addition

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
video games and TV
Vaccines
GMO food
fluoridation
High Fructose Corn syrup
BPA/S
soy products
MSG
teflon cookware
and thats just the surface

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All disease starts in the gut.

On a cellular level, starvation, suffocation, dehydration and stagnation are the main culprits. What's causing just this is a very very deep rabbit hole facts and conjecture.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Leaderofthesheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by robobbob
video games and TV
Vaccines
GMO food
fluoridation
High Fructose Corn syrup
BPA/S
soy products
MSG
teflon cookware
and thats just the surface

chlorine
mercury
aluminum
lead
aspartame
pesticides

anyone else?

edit on 7-12-2012 by Tecumte because: text chg

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leaderofthesheeple
All disease starts in the gut.

On a cellular leve, starvation, suffocation, dehydration and stagnation are the main culprits. What's causing just this is a very very deep rabbit hole facts and conjecture.

We could most all live to be 100, and largely disease free, if in fact that was the goal.

I'm seriously doubting this is the goal.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What's happening to the children??? Really??? they are simply overall following in their parents footsteps? But what if...: (Cat's In The Cradle???)

On Sunday mornings, he hobbled up the hill to a tiny Greek Orthodox chapel where his grandfather once served as a priest. When his childhood friends discovered that he had moved back, they started showing up every afternoon. They’d talk for hours, an activity that invariably involved a bottle or two of locally produced wine. I might as well die happy, he thought.

In the ensuing months, something strange happened. He says he started to feel stronger. One day, feeling ambitious, he planted some vegetables in the garden. He didn’t expect to live to harvest them, but he enjoyed being in the sunshine, breathing the ocean air. Elpiniki could enjoy the fresh vegetables after he was gone.

Six months came and went. Moraitis didn’t die. Instead, he reaped his garden and, feeling emboldened, cleaned up the family vineyard as well. Easing himself into the island routine, he woke up when he felt like it, worked in the vineyards until midafternoon, made himself lunch and then took a long nap. In the evenings, he often walked to the local tavern, where he played dominoes past midnight.

The years passed. His health continued to improve. He added a couple of rooms to his parents’ home so his children could visit. He built up the vineyard until it produced 400 gallons of wine a year. Today, three and a half decades later, he’s 97 years old — according to an official document he disputes; he says he’s 102 — and cancer-free. He never went through chemotherapy, took drugs or sought therapy of any sort. All he did was move home to Ikaria.

Coming home?

zen-haven.com...

edit on 7-12-2012 by Tecumte because: link added

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassp83
In my humble, non-researched, matter-of-fact, not-thought-out opinion:

-1 in 3 is overweight (both parents working & there are more 'poor', which makes sense because non-nutritious, high-fat food is typically less expensive and more convenient)
-1 in 6 has learning disabilities (over diagnosed. Some kids are just 'not that smart')
-1 in 9 has asthma (overweight....)
-1 in 10 has ADHD (over diagnosed)
-1 in 12 has food allergies ( not a clue. I just think people are more dramatic about it, so that's why we hear about it more. Before, if you gave your kid a tomato and he/she broke out into a rash, you just didn't give them a tomato again. Now it must be tested and documented)
-1 in 20 has seizures
-1 in 54 males has autism (I do not believe that almost 20% of male children have autism...over-diagnosed)
-1 in 88 has autism (again, over-diagnosed)

I think much of our medical problems can be fixed by eating whole, organic foods.

edit on 6-12-2012 by cassp83 because: deleted

Ummm...20% of kids having autism would 10 out of 50. 1 out of 54 is approx. 1.85%

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I heard a presentation this past summer that was pretty incredible. It was from a woman named Edie Weiner.

When she was a baby (she's easily in her 50's), her parents had a mobile above her crib

When her children were babies, she gave them a mobile and a few toys in their crib.

But what about babies today? We give them multiple kinds of toys...rooms full of toys...and toys on their high chairs, car seats, baby swings, play mats.....toys EVERYWHERE...that children grow up being completely unable to learn to focus their attention more than a few minutes on anything.

Then when they turn 5, go to school, and can't seem to sit still or focus for a few minutes, we call them autistic or ADD/ADHD and drug their brains to conform to the antiquated school system that was built by our great grandparents.

Yes, friends....this is what you are doing to your future generations.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Processed foods (even some that aren't), fluoridated water, pollution, prescriptions, vaccines, cigarettes/cigars, drinking etc... thanks to our beloved governments all of this was possible. Now what are you guys going to do about it? Chant online at how wrong it is or get of your asses and remove the irresponsible governments?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

You have a real good point there. We are not doing our kids good by constantly buying them new toys. They need to be able to Focus on things and filter out other things. Although it is not good for the kids, it is good for capitalism.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i have a job as a waiter in a restaurant and this one table ordered 3 pepsis for their BABIES. i'm almost positive none of them were above the age of 3. i felt bad bringing the pepsis out but i didn't want to tell them how to raise their children. i don't even think one of the babies was theirs because he was the only black one. i don't know, but it was pretty messed up in my opinion...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
America is one *ucked up country.. anyone in denial of that or doesnt see it, is because your equally on that level. Its obvious HANDFUL of people run the entire country. Its pretty easy to make millions of sheeep lack potential physically and mentally.

One look at Americans and you can see how many problems they face within their Nation... but the average American will tell you their country is the best and mostpowerful..

Like that matters when 1/3 people are over weight.. Your country is nothing without a military, thats why your government takes your money and puts it mostly INTO war. Without that power, your entire country is a complete joke and mockery on this planet.

Thats my honest opinion on the Nation of the corrupt.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday
What on earth is happening to children in America?

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
the Nation of the corrupt.

The US may be corrupt and the Zionists' marionette, but how does the place compare to the likes of China, Russia, Iran... the Middle-East?

Despite the many foibles of the Yan'kee, they're still the devil we know.
edit on 8-12-2012 by BeneathBaseStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I can remember being in school back in the 80's. Only 1 kid had asthma and maybe 1 or 2 kids with food allergies, If I recall chocolate and dairy/milk products.
The trend is way up for asthma, what is the cause? For how over regulated businesses are you would think pollution should be down.
My daughter and niece are both severely allergic to nuts and my daughter is allergic to sesame seeds.
No allergies in the family. Weird.

Any one ever see the lists of what food can not be sent to school for birthdays and similar functions? Better off not baking anything anymore.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I was always overweight. I'm not too bad right now. I weight 123 pounds. I weighed like 150 pounds when I was 11 years old. Why? Because my mother made 2 dollars an hour and all we could afford was food full of sodium, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oils, and high fructose corn syrups. Most kids I know eat poptarts and ramen and candy as their diet. No one has time to sit down and make dinner for their families. Most everyone I know works overtime and just barely makes enough to pay rent and buy basic foods. Basic foods. Healthy food is expensive food. A lot of people are taking their kids to burger king for dinner instead of a real restaraunt. My mother smoked ciggarettes, weed, and drank alcohol while she was pregant with me. I suffer health problem now because of it. My great grandparents were fat. They had fat kids that had fat kids that had fat kids that had fat kids. Everyone is fat because no one gets out and no one can afford or has the desire to buy real food.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by topmid
i have a job as a waiter in a restaurant and this one table ordered 3 pepsis for their BABIES. i'm almost positive none of them were above the age of 3. i felt bad bringing the pepsis out but i didn't want to tell them how to raise their children. i don't even think one of the babies was theirs because he was the only black one. i don't know, but it was pretty messed up in my opinion...

I used to see parents put sodas in baby bottles and dose their toddlers up on this stuff, one or two, maybe no problem, over years yea, you're going to be fueling a massive spike in diabetes. Abusing simple carbs from an early age is absolutely *one* key component in the start of degenerative disease of both mind and body. It destroys nutrients REQUIRED for proper mental and emotional functioning which can and does translate into behavior changes These are in fact 'drugs' and act on neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, this can set up the pathway to alcoholism later in life, in fact I would say if there was a true 'gateway drug' carb abuse from the earlist years would be it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostyMew
I was always overweight. I'm not too bad right now. I weight 123 pounds. I weighed like 150 pounds when I was 11 years old. Why? Because my mother made 2 dollars an hour and all we could afford was food full of sodium, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oils, and high fructose corn syrups. Most kids I know eat poptarts and ramen and candy as their diet. No one has time to sit down and make dinner for their families. Most everyone I know works overtime and just barely makes enough to pay rent and buy basic foods. Basic foods. Healthy food is expensive food. A lot of people are taking their kids to burger king for dinner instead of a real restaraunt. My mother smoked ciggarettes, weed, and drank alcohol while she was pregant with me. I suffer health problem now because of it. My great grandparents were fat. They had fat kids that had fat kids that had fat kids that had fat kids. Everyone is fat because no one gets out and no one can afford or has the desire to buy real food.

I use the local farmers market in season and can buy a weeks worth of natural, local, often organically grown, fesh produce, some local eggs, etc. for unber $50, meats a bit expensive, but I catch it on sale in the store. I also plant a garden to supplement my food. I think it works out about even cost wise maybe even saves a little, to what it would cost to eat out, yes it takes more time, and I can't set on the couch as much, but maybe that's a good thing. Sure it's hard to compete with the kid's school lunches, though our school actually had some fairly decent food, but at least if people take the time they can schedule in maybe a few really healthy dinners together.

If a young person just can't eat well though I would highly advise supplemets (not all are created equal beware), I find rather than taking SSRIs,(which I believe is the fasting growing drug market), making sure to get plenty of things like B-vitamins and minerals and iodine etc. is extremely important for children (and adults), these things afffect so many pathways relating to thought and behavior. Not saying they are 'majic bullets' but until physical causes are dealt with, it will be virtualy impossible to make lasting headway into solving more complex problems.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join